U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
Yes I am serious. Sure there are US citizens without jobs, but they aren't going to take a job picking apples for $10 a day because 1. they wouldn't want to and 2. it is illegal. You must pay minimum wage. If employers are going to hire legal US citizens, they will have to pay at least $7.25/hour, not to mention benefits, etc. How will they pay for it? I'm just asking because in this mess of an economy we have, paying a lot more for workers is going to be a very difficult thing for small businesses. I'm not saying they shouldn't be paying it. I'm just saying that our system has been built around abusing workers and paying them much less than a living wage. If that goes away, then something else will have to give. Prices will have to go up, etc. It was a serious question I really am curious.
Flip side is the illegals being paid sub minimum wages are a net liability--------not only do they tend to send some of their earnings back 'home', they also put just as much stress on our infrastructure as same aged US citizens/green card holders. Read that medical care, school for the (sometimes) illegal kids, etc.

Aside from a waiter/waitress.............I do not know a soul making under minimum wage---------and the servers typically receive tips so their base wages are moot.

BTW: I do not receive benefits at my job-----------I am self insured. Bennies are not mandatory at least here in Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 PM

638 posts, read 1,640,519 times
ICE calls illegal aliens "illegal aliens"
ICE calls criminal illegal aliens "criminal aliens"

ICE News Release November 2008 (http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/newsreleases/index.htm - broken link)

Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM

515 posts, read 606,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Frivolous.

Alien is defined at both Federal and State levels (i.e., Arizona State Constitution)

Contact the Arizona Bar Association, and American Bar Association, alerting them of this absurdity, and copy the letter to the Governor, to remove the license of those involved from practicing law in the State of Arizona, on the grounds of attempting to usurp the Constitution of the State of Arizona, and Federal Law.

American Bar Association
American Bar Association - Defending Liberty, Pursuing Justice
Arizona State Bar Association
State Bar of Arizona

re : Los Abogados
Good! I like call to action posts...so much better than a lotta words simply complaining.

Let us actually DO something about this outrageous situation folks.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM

515 posts, read 606,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I think I worded my last post to strongly, according to city data. Of course there's a post on the last page that calls me stupid, so I guess that's alright with you all.
All I said was that I'm not going to bother posting in this subforum anymore. Too full of, um, what's a nicer way to say it... people with extreme views who aren't open to discussion about them
Extreme views? Since when is wanting to have our own laws enforced an extreme view?

Since when is trying to stop an actual invasion of our Nation extreme?

You seem badly in need of a lesson in Civics, at the very least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or