Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:10 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
False generalizations and inflamed stereotypes based on heated anger towards illegal immigrants and the illegal immigrant situation. Therefore, the statements are not politically correct.
You know something? I don't give a hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 05:15 PM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You know something? I don't give a hoot.
LOL andreabeth, I agree with you - I too, don't give a hoot.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:37 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Sorry mis amigos, I have you on Block, so I can only see you sent a post rather than see your actual comment.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:57 PM

340 posts, read 744,824 times
Quote:
Sorry mis amigos, I have you on Block, so I can only see you sent a post rather than see your actual comment.

Don't be sorry, really, we will get over it somehow....

Old 02-25-2007, 10:27 PM

355 posts, read 842,390 times
Look, dude, it's not about being right or wrong or being for or against illegal immigration. It's about having common courtesy and the decency not to DEMEAN a citizen by assuming or questioning their status as a citizen of this country. As a veteran, you of all people should know the value of said status and citizenship.

It's truly telling of your character that you can't look beyond your set of beliefs and offer me an apology for questioning my legal status. 'Tis truly telling.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:52 PM

340 posts, read 744,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Look, dude, it's not about being right or wrong or being for or against illegal immigration. It's about having common courtesy and the decency not to DEMEAN a citizen by assuming or questioning their status as a citizen of this country. As a veteran, you of all people should know the value of said status and citizenship.

It's truly telling of your character that you can't look beyond your set of beliefs and offer me an apology for questioning my legal status. 'Tis truly telling.
Dude ???

That is not courteous in this citizens opinion, (see how it works ???)

Speaking about your perception of my character ??? Sounds like a personal attack to me...

But never fear, I as a veteran who fought for the free speech we enjoy on this post, would never question the free speech that you have to post how you feel about me, personal attack or not ... It is obvious that we are worlds apart in our views, so let's leave it at that... If you feel I have demeaned you, that is unfortunate, as that has never been my intention.

NOW...

I ASK FOR NO APOLOGIES FOR ANYTHING YOU HAVE SAID TO ME OR ABOUT ME, ...

AND...

I AM TRULY SORRY IF I HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING TO PERSONALLY DEMEAN YOU,WHETHER IT WAS REAL OR IMAGINED, AS THAT IS NOT MY INTENTION...

That being said, I defend everything I have said regarding the Immigration topic, and my beliefs about it...

Old 02-26-2007, 06:39 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
LOL andreabeth, I agree with you - I too, don't give a hoot.
Yep who gives a flying fig!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Cant defend your argument, you put on ignore???? AAAHHH Darn!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
Dude ???

That is not courteous in this citizens opinion, (see how it works ???)

Speaking about your perception of my character ??? Sounds like a personal attack to me...

But never fear, I as a veteran who fought for the free speech we enjoy on this post, would never question the free speech that you have to post how you feel about me, personal attack or not ... It is obvious that we are worlds apart in our views, so let's leave it at that... If you feel I have demeaned you, that is unfortunate, as that has never been my intention.

NOW...

I ASK FOR NO APOLOGIES FOR ANYTHING YOU HAVE SAID TO ME OR ABOUT ME, ...

AND...

I AM TRULY SORRY IF I HAVE EVER SAID ANYTHING TO PERSONALLY DEMEAN YOU,WHETHER IT WAS REAL OR IMAGINED, AS THAT IS NOT MY INTENTION...

That being said, I defend everything I have said regarding the Immigration topic, and my beliefs about it...

Thats what being PC does, stunts freedom of speech. Illegals think they have the right to be here and protest to get more, we have the right to tell them what we think!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
English only. Grandson of Immigrant's from Ireland.. You ??
Hey me too!!!!!! But I also speak some german from the other side of grandparents and a little Gaelic!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration