U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times

Advertisements

Why does it matter on a respect level if someone is legal or not?! You should treat everyone with the same respect, even though you disagreed with their decision to break the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
You Have To earn respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:16 AM

340 posts, read 669,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Why does it matter on a respect level if someone is legal or not?! You should treat everyone with the same respect, even though you disagreed with their decision to break the law.
???????????????????????

O.K., you got me Sean.... What constitutes showing respect to all of the foreign invaders here Illegally ????? A credit card ?? A home ?? A job ?? A car ?? SSI ?? Health care ?? Welfare ?? Well, they have most of these now, but maybe there is something else we need to give them to make you feel we are respecting them enough. You keep harping that we have to respect the Illegals, but you make no recommendations as to what that equates to, so it leaves us only to make assumptions... Here is mine... Since most of them have what they need to survive Illegaly in our country, you must be talking about the "Fresh Arrivals" who do not yet enjoy the comforts of the more established invaders. O.K. Sean, send us pic's of your newly adopted " Illegal Family" ASAP, then we will have the benchmark of "Showing Respect" that you must be speaking of...

P.S. Stock up on the diapers, you are going to need lots of them !!!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Here you go. Go meet with this illegal dude and tell him how much you respect him.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Hey me too!!!!!! But I also speak some german from the other side of grandparents and a little Gaelic!!!
Hey, I have "Family" here !!!! We are also German on one side of our family !!! Makes for some pretty rowdy folks LOL !!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here you go. Go meet with this illegal dude and tell him how much you respect him.

Nice... Yeah, let me bend over backwards a little farther to show him the respect that I have been denying him...

Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
Hey, I have "Family" here !!!! We are also German on one side of our family !!! Makes for some pretty rowdy folks LOL !!!!
That is completely weird!!!!!!!! Rowdy you betcha!!!!!!!!
Where you from? My family... Montana ( they helped build the railroads, seems alot of Irish in Montana) and Idaho, then Oregon, but now I am in AZ.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
That is completely weird!!!!!!!! Rowdy you betcha!!!!!!!!
Where you from? My family... Montana ( they helped build the railroads, seems alot of Irish in Montana) and Idaho, then Oregon, but now I am in AZ.
Yes !!!! Plenty of rowdy characters who love a reason to get together for a family party !!!

Mine are from Oklahoma. They went there to homestead and were farmers in the beginning, then branched out during the depression and scattered out across the midwest looking for work. The majority are now here in Ca.. !!!

Last edited by Dir Drill 1; 02-26-2007 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
Does a first world nation have major hospitals in major cities close because the medical bills go unpaid by Illegal Immigrants,
A "first world nation" usually has a National Health, in which the government provides healthcare, so hospitals don't usually close.

The problem of hospitals closing is due to the US' completely inefficient completely failed health care system which puts health care, a public service, in the hands of the marketplace. Public services usually suffer - and are woefully inefficient when ran in a free market environment (just as private services are inefficient when provided by government)

Illegal immigration has made SoCal's problems worse, but it is hardly the only factor. And the original poster talking about California going downhill after "36 years of liberal rule" - 36 years ago, California's governor was Ronald Reagan, who was hardly a liberal. The GOP has controlled state government for 21 of those 36 years (with only Arnold being moderate GOP). Sounds like it's conservative rule that's brought down the state.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

The boy says he has a hispanic girlfriend, this could be some of his future in-laws. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or