U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM

300 posts, read 481,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What a patriotic post!! You will make Tancredo and his dittoheads proud.
It is amazing isn't it? When you refer to people as animalistic because of their race, you are really going over the line.
I wonder if it makes them proud to be an American? It does not make me proud, I think Americans are basically a pompous, arrogant, think eveyone has to play by their rules, and would literally toss you aside if you did not fit into their idea of what you should be. It is NO wonder we are hated by almost if not all countries.[/quote]

Though I do agree with you about most Americans being arrogant, I believe that the person was refering to how people acted in this country. They can act the way they want in their country but when here one should assiminlate. Ever hear of the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans."?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:54 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post

Though I do agree with you about most Americans being arrogant, I believe that the person was refering to how people acted in this country. They can act the way they want in their country but when here one should assiminlate. Ever hear of the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans."?
You should be more choosy over who you defend. Pick your battles.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You should be more choosy over who you defend. Pick your battles.
And you should get reading comprehension. I didn't defend anyone. I said that people should assimilate in this country.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Are the mods just going to let this stand? Considering that many posts have been deleted lately, I opine that they should delete this one as well.
They obviously don't care .
Their excuse is that comments like that are made about Mexicans, thus relevant to the thread, haha.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Who is "the person"? My comprehension's fine, and you seem to be trying to spin that comment.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Who is "the person"? My comprehension's fine, and you seem to be trying to spin that comment.
LOLOLOLOL You are so funny. http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/Storm.gif (broken link)

Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL You are so funny. http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/Storm.gif (broken link)
No no no, YOU are funny Quirky.
You googled a flash icon(or do you have a stash of these) and you post it to completely dodge a question.

HILARIOUS!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
No no no, YOU are funny Quirky.
You googled a flash icon(or do you have a stash of these) and you post it to completely dodge a question.

HILARIOUS!
I have tons of them. I am glad that you liked it. I didn't dodge a thing. I just do not waste my time with someone I know that I won't agree with.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterock View Post
I have worked as a Physicain Assistant in LA County for eight years and I'm getting the hell out of here. We are getting a huge amount of women over 35 who have had several births Mexico, have entered the US illegally and now are on their second, third or fourth American baby. I just quit this clinic today because I do not believe in the "anchor" baby law, and will not assist in bringing more illiterate, poor people into an overcrowded community. Stupid people with no hobbies, goals, or self worth just have babies. There is nothing else to do in their life when they go home other than have sex. Their culture is extremely different than American. And their 100 percent ethnicity in the East side of LA makes them the most homogeneous concentraction in the United States. If they take over be prepared for the most selfish, racist, animalistic race of people to ever invade the US. Jon PA-C.

[/quote]

Do you really know the Mexican people, other than the ones you helped
give birth for? Have you ever been to Mexico? I think you might have done them a favor by quitting your job.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:05 PM

Do you really know the Mexican people, other than the ones you helped
give birth for? Have you ever been to Mexico? I think you might have done them a favor by quitting your job.[/quote]

I have been to Mexico and still go a few times each year. Love the people and the country. Of course, the people I meet and know in Mexico are not illegal criminals that came to our country to get freebies. I have much respect for the people of Mexico. I will say that some Mexicans are some of the best artisans when it comes to woodworking or working with tin and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or