U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,738,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Do you really know the Mexican people, other than the ones you helped
give birth for? Have you ever been to Mexico? I think you might have done them a favor by quitting your job.
I have been to Mexico and still go a few times each year. Love the people and the country. Of course, the people I meet and know in Mexico are not illegal criminals that came to our country to get freebies. I have much respect for the people of Mexico. I will say that some Mexicans are some of the best artisans when it comes to woodworking or working with tin and such.[/quote]

I go to Mexico at least once a week. I too love it there and we have made some wonderful friends there. You are correct they are fabulous artisans.
For people that are poor, they have their music going and I see friendly people that have to live under dire circumstances. I feel totally safe there, and I know of many people that are helping build schools and soup kitchens for the ones that live at the dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 09:29 PM

307 posts, read 458,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I feel totally safe there, and I know of many people that are helping build schools and soup kitchens for the ones that live at the dump.
If I may ask, where in Mexico do you normally go that feels safe and when was the last time you were there?

The reason I ask is I have been down to Baja dozens of times in the last 15 years, and aside from the police trying to shake a few pesos from me, I have always felt safe. However the last time I went January of 2007 turned out to be the same day the Feds came into town and took away the badges of a large number of TJ Police Officers. Throughout the entire 5 day trip to TJ, Rosarito, and Ensenada had a "different" feel and I did not feel as safe on that journey.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,738,589 times
[quote=RandomU;4515546]If I may ask, where in Mexico do you normally go that feels safe and when was the last time you were there?

The reason I ask is I have been down to Baja dozens of times in the last 15 years, and aside from the police trying to shake a few pesos from me, I have always felt safe. However the last time I went January of 2007 turned out to be the same day the Feds came into town and took away the badges of a large number of TJ Police Officers. Throughout the entire 5 day trip to TJ, Rosarito, and Ensenada

I was in Nogales, nothing fancy and each time I go, I wonder how they endure their life there and feel lucky that we have clean streets, good schools for our children. I have been there so many times and know my way around there pretty well that I do feel safe. Now if I were there at night, I don't think I would have the same feeling.
Some of the people I have got to know, have no desire to live in the US but they would like basic things for their families, some things we take for granted.
I have seen the Fed's a few times in the back of a pickup truck with there rifles.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 AM

3 posts, read 2,603 times
"I wonder if it makes them proud to be Americans?" Boy are you naive: They are ILLEGAL ALIENS, they are not Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or