U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM

354 posts, read 762,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I just find it strange that you support this kind of invasion of our homeland. You are wrong about L.A. being run done since the 50's...
This is very troublesome and for people like you to justify the running down of our communities is applauding. If you care so much for these people how come your not out there trying to get them to treat our cities better. This is all most of us ask is to have respect and pick up your own garbage and take care of the cities that have given you a place to live and work...
Where do I begin? How about the part where I never said I supported the "invasion" nor did I say L.A. began being "run done" in the 50s. I specifically recall testifying about the horrible traffic that has existed since the 50s, which if you did a little research about the once expansive passenger rail routes, you would understand. Secondly, I've never justified them living here. I've said that I don't condone illegal immigration, but I don't support the mentality that claims, "well, they're not nice to me, so I'm gonna be an indiscriminate rube to them." That's just ludicrous. And, I keep hearing people say they just want illegals to 'show more respect' and promote cleanliness, yet where's the respect you ought to show them? But wait, they don't respect you so you've stated many times you will not respect them. A little bit of circular reasoning, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC
Actually everyone I know commented on how little traffic there was when the illegals went on their “day without a Mexican” protest. All the radio stations were talking about how they wish every day could be a “day without a Mexican” to end the freeway gridlock.
That’s because everywhere in CA there is nothing but disproportionate amounts of lower class and Hispanics.
And how many people did you hear this from? And in which part of Los Angeles do they live? Because I still drove through the El Toro Y (one of the busiest bottlenecks in the country) and the Orange Crush (another one of the busiest) and I still sat in a nightmare of traffic. And the I-405? Yeah, still traffic 20 hours of the day. There are over 20 million people living in Southern California. Theres maybe a million or two illegal immigrants in Southern California. I'd bet traffic will still be miserable if they all vanished because the existing infrastructure can't even support 15 million drivers.

I love generalizations, too, RedNC. For instance, everyone in North Carolina is a tobacco chewing redneck that has hemophilia somewhere in his gene pool. Two can play this game.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 12:08 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,140,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
And how many people did you hear this from? And in which part of Los Angeles do they live? Because I still drove through the El Toro Y (one of the busiest bottlenecks in the country) and the Orange Crush (another one of the busiest) and I still sat in a nightmare of traffic. And the I-405? Yeah, still traffic 20 hours of the day. There are over 20 million people living in Southern California. Theres maybe a million or two illegal immigrants in Southern California. I'd bet traffic will still be miserable if they all vanished because the existing infrastructure can't even support 15 million drivers.

I love generalizations, too, RedNC. For instance, everyone in North Carolina is a tobacco chewing redneck that has hemophilia somewhere in his gene pool. Two can play this game.
Let’s see, me, my wife and all my friends, every FM and AM radio station, Jay Lenno joked about it and on 2, 4, 7, 9, and 11 TV networks talked about it. I lived in Orange County, CA up until October 2006. I was born in CA, long before you were born and I have witnessed the invasion first hand. I know what CA was like before your people invaded and don’t even think about telling how things in CA are, I LIVED THERE.
The traffic problems could have been addressed if it weren’t for so much of the budget being diverted to pay for all the social services and the added burden for educating your people.

As for North Carolina, I’ll take a whole state of tobacco chewing red necks over what LA has become.
Hemophilia? WTF???

Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,889,208 times
Quote:
For instance, everyone in North Carolina is a tobacco chewing redneck that has hemophilia somewhere in his gene pool.
Would you still be saying that if you had hemophilia? I don't find that very funny. Not one bit. That's a very serious disorder.

Hemophilia is a rare bleeding disorder where ones blood does not clot. And bleeding to death is very possible. So they have to take pills to make sure if something were to happen, (get cut) their blood would clot properly.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Let’s see, me, my wife and all my friends, every FM and AM radio station, Jay Lenno joked about it and on 2, 4, 7, 9, and 11 TV networks talked about it. I lived in Orange County, CA up until October 2006. I was born in CA, long before you were born and I have witnessed the invasion first hand. I know what CA was like before your people invaded and don’t even think about telling how things in CA are, I LIVED THERE.
The traffic problems could have been addressed if it weren’t for so much of the budget being diverted to pay for all the social services and the added burden for educating your people.

As for North Carolina, I’ll take a whole state of tobacco chewing red necks over what LA has become.
Hemophilia? WTF???
What does a bleeding disorder have to do with NC or rednecks??? I am with you WTF??? Perhaps they meant homophobia?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,183 times
Default Millions losing homes!

The worst problem for millions in California, and in L.A. especially is that the high cost of housing and wages kept down has put them out of their homes! Say you make from $6.75 hr. to $12 hr. and more, how can you pay for the cheapest apartment which is $1000 and up? If you are making $8 hr. due to a license of some sort and working full time, about $200 is taken out of paycheck. You will take home almost the cost of an apartment but not other expenses. Many smart people are now living with relatives, living in their vehicles, living on the street. Homelessness in L.A. up 52% last year. PBS has specials on how families with children, older people by the hundreds of thousands are now homeless, many in ill health who have to wait for 9 months for specialty medical care. Illegals live many to a house and
can pay the rent plus send money to Mexico for their relatives.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,851,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What does a bleeding disorder have to do with NC or rednecks??? I am with you WTF??? Perhaps they meant homophobia?
You have missed the point, no one likes to be generalized and stereotyped.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,183 times
Default L.A. freeways

With our present freeway system in Los Angeles the congestion has progressed according to the huge numbers of illegal aliens since the 80's.
A few years ago freeways and streets here were like a parking lot due to illegals, but then many moved on to other states and now freeways and streets are very congested and slow at peak hours, but short of a parking lot state.
Still the illegals keep sneaking across the border. They don't want to be poor there, well then they need to protest to the Mexican government, like they've done here, and do not burden poor American citizens any more!, which now includes many of the middle class due purely to illegals!

Last edited by faith10; 02-22-2007 at 02:06 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 06:50 PM

31 posts, read 85,617 times
I think it is too late to remove the illegals that are here. To do so would be inhumane, and would probably cause the worst riot in U.S. history. We already let them in, so that was our bad. We'll just have to integrate them and deal with it. that said, what we need to do now is keep all future incoming illegal immigrants out. The 400-billion dollars that we wasted in Iraq would have gone a long way to accomplish that. We could have built a 24-carat gold plated wall 20 feet high along our entire border with 24/7 security for much less money.

I feel sorry for the U.S. citizens who live in Los Angeles. I would never feel safe raising my two daughters there. How sad that the very city that has Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Malibu, Bel Air, etc. has been taken over by illegal immigrants. Why couldn't they have hijacked some crappy rundown town that no one cares about?

Last edited by Voyager; 02-22-2007 at 07:13 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
There are over 20 million people living in Southern California. Theres maybe a million or two illegal immigrants in Southern California.
I think your statistics are way off (they are the same numbers that I read online). Based on what I saw and heard in Los Angeles during my seven-day visit, I would bet that at least six out of 10 residents of Los Angeles are illegal immigrants. But then again, how can anyone accurately track the number of illegals since they don't fill out census forms? The fact is, you can't.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
WHERE YOUR TAXES GO - ILLEGAL ALIENS

Attributed to the LA Times, June 2002:

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
How can anyone say that we should "respect" illegal immigrants when they are costing the American taxpayers an estimated $100-billion dollars a year or more, ruining our public schools, overwhelming our transportation systems, sending crime rates through the roof, and bankrupting our health care facilities?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or