U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM

31 posts, read 85,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm very disappointed in the lack of compassion exhibited from some individuals.
But I don't see why we should have compassion on a group of people who have caused 80 hospitals in California to go bankrupt. I just cannot see extending compassion to a group of people who have caused the public school systems in Los Angeles to all but collapse into financial ruin. I cannot see extending understanding to a group of people who have filled the jails in Los Angeles beyond capacity. Am I missing something?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 06:31 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
Vicman,

It's basically the fact that some white folks feel inferior to alot of illegal immigrants.
Well now, you just go curl up in the glove compartment of your car and tell yourself that, little fella.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:34 PM

32,009 posts, read 17,276,214 times
Quote:
Take it.

----------------
Take it. Eloquent. Got any more?

Old 02-23-2007, 08:55 PM

202 posts, read 755,046 times
If you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed.
There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language.

Foreigners will not have the right to vote nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office.
According to the Limbaugh Laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers.
You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies.
You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't have that amount of money you have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land you will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property
You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies or you get
sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

These are the Limbaugh Laws.

I can imagine many of you think that the Limbaugh Laws are pretty harsh. Well, let me tell you this, every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico, today. I just read you Mexican immigration law. That's how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country.

Rush Limbaugh~

Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,949,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
But I don't see why we should have compassion on a group of people who have caused 80 hospitals in California to go bankrupt. I just cannot see extending compassion to a group of people who have caused the public school systems in Los Angeles to all but collapse into financial ruin. I cannot see extending understanding to a group of people who have filled the jails in Los Angeles beyond capacity. Am I missing something?

What do you suggest we do? Maybe make Death the penalty for Illegal Immigration? Don't you think that would clog the courts and cost us much more in legal fees? (Because you know, Death Row inmates get a zillion appeals and rights to all sorts of legal counsel.)

What is your solution? Don't tell us to stop them at the border. It's too late for that plus many of them fly here or come by ship. Don't tell us to send them home. They just come back. Perhaps, since you mentioned you don't have many in Central Illinois, we could just send them to your town? That would help Los Angeles tremendously!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
What is your solution? Don't tell us to stop them at the border. It's too late for that plus many of them fly here or come by ship. Don't tell us to send them home. They just come back. Perhaps, since you mentioned you don't have many in Central Illinois, we could just send them to your town? That would help Los Angeles tremendously!
Sorry, we're not that silly. We wouldn't put up with them here. The reason you have them there is because you tolerate them. You want them, so you can keep them.

Good luck!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:49 PM

546 posts, read 2,236,848 times
Alright. I'm tired of all of the remarks. All of the people just saying what's on their mind because of one bad experience with an illegal immigrant.

First of all, how do you even KNOW when a non-English speaker is illegal or legal? Simple, you don't. You generalize them into one category, and probably won't even give them the time of day. But why should you, they should know English already, right? Well here's a thought. What if they're trying to learn English? You wouldn't know. They can't speak fluent English so they're automatically illegal.

Second of all, if you're illegal, well, then you're illegal. You should have some kind of punishment. It's not okay for you to be here. I mean, honestly, what's so hard about going to get citizenship? Many people say that illegals help the economy. I just don't see how. How does using other peoples money (which most work very hard for!) for free services helping the economy? The middle class will eventually be gone. The United States will become like most South American countries, those with money and those with nothing.

Third of all, we need to stop the war in Iraq. How will that help with the illegal situation? Well, the money being used to fund the war can be used to improve the security on the U.S. / Mexico border. Why are we even at war? No one really knows. Along with stopping things, we need to stop giving illegal immigrants jobs, free services, school, housing, and CREDIT CARDS. Why are they being rewarded for coming here illegally? Sure, they might not be living large, but I bet the standard of living is way better than in Mexico!

What can be done about the Illegal Immigration problem? Simple. Educate yourselves, quit generalizing every non-English speaker you see, re-elect officials that will actually do something about the problem, and quit handing them things.

Yes, they may help in some ways ( low wages for jobs most Americans wouldn't do ), and they bring authentic food from their countries, but the crime and degradation of our wonderful cities needs to be stopped.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,949,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Sorry, we're not that silly. We wouldn't put up with them here. The reason you have them there is because you tolerate them. You want them, so you can keep them.

Good luck!

You know what's funny? In your first post, you talk about going to Wal-Mart. Did you know that many Wal-Mart employees are on food stamps and Medicaid? Why would someone like you even patronize their stores? If you want to stop with the freebies and the handouts, you might start helping that happen by refusing to patronize Wal-Mart. (The stores are very unpopular in Southern California, as you might have noticed.) There are a ton of other stores in Southern California that actually pay their employees enough that they don't have to go on public assistance. You could have shopped at those places -- but no! You chose to shop at Wal-Mart.

I think we should start busing those illegals to Illinois. You say you won't tolerate them, but when they start showing up by the thousands, what are you going to do??!!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think we should start busing those illegals to Illinois. You say you won't tolerate them, but when they start showing up by the thousands, what are you going to do??!!
Exactly what you should have done - send them back to Mexico. Just three weeks ago our authorities shut down a local Mexican restaurant chain of three locations and shipped all of the illegals back to Mexico. We don't tolerate that nonsense around here.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 AM

340 posts, read 669,702 times
Thumbs up Operation *******

Operation ******* in 1954 was highly successful. Read for yourself..
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_*******

Mexico only has Mexican problem's and it mostly stems from their corrupt government. The main reason why they only have Mexican problems is because they have extremely strict immigration laws, and protect their borders with their heavily armed military. Have you ever flown into Mexico ??? Just try getting around the Federales with the machine guns cruising through and around the airports.. Ever been to the border ??? Once again, heavily armed Military just waiting for anyone who is "Illegal", that means you GRINGO ...
They have massive natural resources (Oil/Gas) just to name the obvious money makers for them but the corruption has eaten them alive, once again, didn't know it was our problem...Maybe we need to show them how to be a better "Democratic Society" like we are doing in Iraq. I wouldn't mind re-enlisting to help...

Unfortunately, America has American problems as well as Mexican and many other countries problems. Why as an American taxpayer should I worry about anyone other than America ???. When did we vote ourselves the saviors of the world ??? Why do we have families living in the streets, but still send massive amounts of assistance to everyone else ??? I have no problem helping other's, BUT ONLY AFTER WE HAVE HELPED OUR OWN AMERICAN CITIZENS...

ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL. (That means it is wrong, seems some people can't comprehend this..)

Being in the USA ILLEGALLY means if you are caught, you get sent back to your home. (See Operation ******* Above).. Seems pretty simple, why make it so hard ??? Oh Yeah, Bleeding heart Liberals (and some conservatives worried about being voted out of office) who think the laws do not apply in certain situations (Illegal Immigration).. Not True you say ?? California is a Liberal State, California is the State that is in the worst (By Far) Immigration chaos, why ?? (See Liberal (and job worried conservative's) Statement above)...

Let's just make it simple America.. Let's get back to the basics, like enforcing our laws.. Oh, and if an Illegal needs a drink of water while going back to his country, I have absolutely no problem with that, heck, give each of them a big bottle of arrowhead and a pat on the head as they get on the bus to go back home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or