U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 04:45 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,177,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJennGo View Post
I was just reading some of the comments...the birth control one is funny.
But then I realized most of the posts were serious, and they weren't joking. The cashier who posted about her (assuming gender ) $8.50 cents she earns an hour. While all the Mexicans are pulling up in their Explorers with the rims that cost $2K or more. Mexicans EARN their living doing what we (Americans)don't want or like to do. Sweatlabor....ever heard of it? I am not saying all the people she encounters are legit in how they get the rims, but I can bet you a majority are legit and work hard to get the SUV, the rims, and all the cash she sees in their pockets. I would pay one of them in heartbeat to do work for me, because they have pride in their work and can do it for cheaper than BillyRayBob. America is a melting pot, and unless you all are 100% Native American, then your family immigrated to this country at some point in time. Your Great-Great Grandparents probably encountered discrimination that makes todays discrimination look like a walk in the park. Have a heart for a fellow human being. Imagine what it must be like to grow up in Mexico...you would probably run across the border too.
Now on to the gang MS-13....THAT GANG IS FROM EL SALVADOR, NOT MEXICO. And that gang was started by El Salvadorian immigrants in the 1980's in L.A., California. The gang was formed to stop the El Salvadorian refugees from being victimized by the Mexican gangs that controlled the area where the refugees settled.
GET YOUR MIND RIGHT, AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!
Will you emulate your name so we can see you go?? You obviously haven't got a clue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
But then I realized most of the posts were serious, and they weren't joking. The cashier who posted about her (assuming gender ) $8.50 cents she earns an hour. While all the Mexicans are pulling up in their Explorers with the rims that cost $2K or more. Mexicans EARN their living doing what we (Americans)don't want or like to do. Sweatlabor....ever heard of it? I am not saying all the people she encounters are legit in how they get the rims, but I can bet you a majority are legit and work hard to get the SUV, the rims, and all the cash she sees in their pockets. I would pay one of them in heartbeat to do work for me, because they have pride in their work and can do it for cheaper than BillyRayBob. America is a melting pot, and unless you all are 100% Native American, then your family immigrated to this country at some point in time. Your Great-Great Grandparents probably encountered discrimination that makes todays discrimination look like a walk in the park. Have a heart for a fellow human being. Imagine what it must be like to grow up in Mexico...you would probably run across the border too.
Now on to the gang MS-13....THAT GANG IS FROM EL SALVADOR, NOT MEXICO. And that gang was started by El Salvadorian immigrants in the 1980's in L.A., California. The gang was formed to stop the El Salvadorian refugees from being victimized by the Mexican gangs that controlled the area where the refugees settled.
Let me explain something to you:

One big reason that 'BillyRayBob' may not have the worth ethic that you demand is due to in large part to insulting wages-----especially considering that many employers do not pass the savings on to their customers.

Face it: if anything; many of the so-called 'Yuppies' are overpaid for what they do-----we could eliminate probably 75% of the Yuppie jobs and this country would be better off.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,792,170 times
Quote:

The problem is -- while some do work hard, they need to work hard on their own country. The answer to every problem of Mexico is not for 100% of it's people to relocate to the USA.

The reasons Mexicans are fleeing their own country by the tens of millions are the problems that exist in their own country. Leaving doesn't solve them. Having millions of your hardest working citizens pack up and leave doesn't fix anything.

Mexico will not become a better country until it's people start to stay home and invest and work in it. Mexico is a very wealthy nation, rich in natural resources and it's working people are dying trying to get out. That's the very shameful part of all this.

Sure some Americans benefit by having plentiful dirt cheap labor that can be easily exploited. Some elitist type Americans very much like having cheap submissive servants to wait on them hand and foot, and CEO's like the big profits from the dirt wages accepted by desperate Mexicans. And since massive migration doesn't fix anything and only makes problems in Mexico that much worse -- the cheap labor will continue to pour over the borders.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,929,088 times
Here is a solution to save taxpayer money.

Allow illegals to come forward who have a job,have no criminal record, and are willing to undergo a background check.

In groups of 100, allow them to become citizens in a swap. For every 100 we allow, we take 100 prisoners out of our prison, put a huge tattoo on them for ID, and drop them off in the middle of Mexico.

The Mexican govt shouldn't object. Those prisoners are only trying to "seek a better life than they had" and we could call it part of a "free trade" agreement.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 AM

157 posts, read 277,138 times
Cool Logic

There is good and bad in all people. But it seems like Mexico is sending it's worst. Why come to America speaking spanish and not even trying to speak English knowing damm well ENGLISH is OUR LANGUAGE. None of them need legalized that feel this way and hate AMERICANS this is the PROBLEM. The ones who learn English and are law biding citizens yes, by all means. "Stay". TROUBLE MAKERS GO HOME!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,070,585 times
Quote:
<bleeding-heart talking points snipped>

...BillyRayBob.

<naive drivel snipped>
BillyRayBob?

Don't look now, but your prejudice is showing.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Here is a solution to save taxpayer money.

Allow illegals to come forward who have a job,have no criminal record, and are willing to undergo a background check.

In groups of 100, allow them to become citizens in a swap. For every 100 we allow, we take 100 prisoners out of our prison, put a huge tattoo on them for ID, and drop them off in the middle of Mexico.

The Mexican govt shouldn't object. Those prisoners are only trying to "seek a better life than they had" and we could call it part of a "free trade" agreement.
That sort of 'amnesty' I may just support

Old 02-27-2008, 03:37 PM

8,168 posts, read 9,382,645 times
This whole argument of "they do the jobs the US citizens won't do!!" is false. I remember out of high school working as a house framer, making $15/hour. Fast forward to now, and in that same area, those doing the same job are getting paid minimum wage or less. And surprise surprise, all those framers are now from Mexico. What has happened is that the large flux of illegals willing to do the work for pennies on the dollar compared to what it used to pay has driven the US citizens into other jobs that will pay better in all sorts of industries. I not only fault the people taking the jobs for such low wages, but I fault the business who employ them at such low wages, in an effort to thicken up their own wallets.

Make it illegal and punishable by large fines to employ illegals. Take away the incentive for businesses to hire these people in the first place.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
This whole argument of "they do the jobs the US citizens won't do!!" is false. I remember out of high school working as a house framer, making $15/hour. Fast forward to now, and in that same area, those doing the same job are getting paid minimum wage or less. And surprise surprise, all those framers are now from Mexico. What has happened is that the large flux of illegals willing to do the work for pennies on the dollar compared to what it used to pay has driven the US citizens into other jobs that will pay better in all sorts of industries. I not only fault the people taking the jobs for such low wages, but I fault the business who employ them at such low wages, in an effort to thicken up their own wallets.

Make it illegal and punishable by large fines to employ illegals. Take away the incentive for businesses to hire these people in the first place.
The laws are already in place: but; between the Bleeding Heart 'liberals' who look down with contempt towards Americans without college degrees and the Neo-Con 'conservatives' who are flat greedy------they are not being enforced

Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 PM

4 posts, read 5,392 times
Default Mean People

I will not emulate my handle and go anywhere, you are not dealing with a woman who scares that easily! I am not a bleeding heart, and I believe everyone, including the negatives present in this forum, deserves a chance. Be them white, black, mexican, puerto rican, french....EVERYONE. As much as I would love to fix the counrty of Mexico, as one suggests, it is not going to happen. We can't even fix our own country. I have never discriminated against anyone, educated or not, and I will not start now. BillyRayBob actually comes from my three uncles, who were all born 11 months apart. They were a handlful for my Grandparents, where you saw one, you saw the other two. Their names were William, Raymond, and Robert....that's where the BillyRayBob comes from...
Reinforcing, or poking fun at, negative stereotypes is not going to make any immigration problem go away. They should be given the same opportunities our great-great grandparents were given. To come to the great USA and make their own way...
And to the cashier...you are working there because you want to, don't blame Mexicans because you only make $8.50 and hour. Make better choices for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or