U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJennGo View Post
I will not emulate my handle and go anywhere, you are not dealing with a woman who scares that easily! I am not a bleeding heart, and I believe everyone, including the negatives present in this forum, deserves a chance. Be them white, black, mexican, puerto rican, french....EVERYONE. As much as I would love to fix the counrty of Mexico, as one suggests, it is not going to happen. We can't even fix our own country. I have never discriminated against anyone, educated or not, and I will not start now. BillyRayBob actually comes from my three uncles, who were all born 11 months apart. They were a handlful for my Grandparents, where you saw one, you saw the other two. Their names were William, Raymond, and Robert....that's where the BillyRayBob comes from...
Reinforcing, or poking fun at, negative stereotypes is not going to make any immigration problem go away. They should be given the same opportunities our great-great grandparents were given. To come to the great USA and make their own way...
And to the cashier...you are working there because you want to, don't blame Mexicans because you only make $8.50 and hour. Make better choices for yourself.
Speak for yourself please.

We as a nation have the right to secure our borders against illegal immigrants.

Mexico has that same right (which I respect) and their La Migra ain't nice; shall we say.

Maybe we as a nation would do well to emulate Mexico's laws concerning the above topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
I had no intention of scaring anyone, but I cannot fathom why someone would make a post such as yours and try to claim any sort of knowledge over the subject matter.
American workers have been put at a disadvantage because they are trying to support their families without living 20 to a 3 bedroom house, they are trying to pay for their own health insurance, trying to send their kids to school without using the free lunch program, trying to buy groceries without using a food stamp card, trying to pay their own bills without taking advantage of some liberal church aid program, in other words their trying to be AMERICANS.

Meanwhile, there are 40 million illegal aliens in this nation that are trying to take EVERYTHING BillyRayBob has ever worked for and turn it into a free ride for him or herself. And they're succeeding. Is it any wonder that those who are hurt the most raise their voices to protest the LOUDEST?

As far as I'm concerned, all you liberal symps can pucker up and smooch some smelly because THIS BillyRayBob ain't gonna TAKE it no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 11:56 PM
 
1,218 posts, read 3,582,426 times
Reputation: 1141
Guy: You make some good points, but please don't exaggerate. There are NOT 40 million illegals. There's between 15-20 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJennGo View Post
I will not emulate my handle and go anywhere, you are not dealing with a woman who scares that easily! I am not a bleeding heart, and I believe everyone, including the negatives present in this forum, deserves a chance. Be them white, black, mexican, puerto rican, french....EVERYONE. As much as I would love to fix the counrty of Mexico, as one suggests, it is not going to happen. We can't even fix our own country. I have never discriminated against anyone, educated or not, and I will not start now. BillyRayBob actually comes from my three uncles, who were all born 11 months apart. They were a handlful for my Grandparents, where you saw one, you saw the other two. Their names were William, Raymond, and Robert....that's where the BillyRayBob comes from...
Reinforcing, or poking fun at, negative stereotypes is not going to make any immigration problem go away. They should be given the same opportunities our great-great grandparents were given. To come to the great USA and make their own way...
And to the cashier...you are working there because you want to, don't blame Mexicans because you only make $8.50 and hour. Make better choices for yourself.
I have a few questions for you; First, you preach about giving illegals a chance the same as our ancestors, but our ancestors came legally (at least mine did, they were on a waiting list for 8 years). So why do you find it unreasonable that people want the illegals to follow and respect our laws and obtain citizenship legally?

Second, in a previous post, you mentioned "having a heart for a fellow human being", but what about your fellow Americans? Your fellow Americans who have lost their jobs or had the wages of their trade depressed to unlivable levels? You're fellow Americans who's city has turned into third world Mexico with drugs and gangs everywhere? Your fellow American doctors, nurses, etc. who have lost their jobs because of their hospitals being closed due to countless illegals abusing the healthcare system? Your fellow Americans murdered, raped, robbed, beaten, molested and who knows what else by people who never should have been here to begin with? Where's YOUR HEART for them?

Last, you reference to the cashier is disturbing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJennGo
And to the cashier...you are working there because you want to, don't blame Mexicans because you only make $8.50 and hour. Make better choices for yourself.
Do you think you're better than them? Because you make more money you're a better person? All different people from all different walks of life do many diffferent jobs. They're needed to keep society running as not everyone can do the same job. Americans who didn't go to college or work in manual labor are not peons, they are just as important to America as anyone else. The poor, uneducated people of Mexico DO NOT have more right to American jobs than ANY AMERICAN, PERIOD. You say people "should have made better choices", and I say the illegals should have came legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
Guy: You make some good points, but please don't exaggerate. There are NOT 40 million illegals. There's between 15-20 million.
As Glenn Beck says, "Here's how I got there..."

The 2000 Census said we had about 9 million.

According to the US Border Patrol we're getting another 4+ million a year.

According to USCIS we're getting 1/2 million visa overstays per year.

It's been 8 years since the Census, you do the math...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
Guy: You make some good points, but please don't exaggerate. There are NOT 40 million illegals. There's between 15-20 million.
In all fairness: there may be about 7 million illegal immigrants; counting in their US citizen Anchor Babies under age 18---------a total figure of 20 million is plausible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: there may be about 7 million illegal immigrants; counting in their US citizen Anchor Babies under age 18---------a total figure of 20 million is plausible.
AB,

Those numbers I posted are verifiable on their respective websites, as hard as it may be to wrap your mind around a number that high it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 AM
 
162 posts, read 293,886 times
Reputation: 53
I really dont understand this, are we trying to figure out the exact number of illegals in the country? That is impossible since they keep coming in every minute we waste talking about it. And makes it worst, many of them after been deported come back again!!!!!
Is not funny to see how lighly we take this topic, we have to support our authorities and work together to clean the house, or like I said before, eventually Americans will be a minority in America, OMG, what are we waiting for?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,785,906 times
Reputation: 262
these threads disgust me.why are mexicans the only illegals being talked about?get rid of the italians and the irish that don't have premission to be here as well.or is this turning into one specific race?when we say illegals it means everyone no matter what damn skin color you are i've seen plenty of irish illegals and nothing is being said.illegals come in all sorts of shapes and colors get the white ones out too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 PM
 
162 posts, read 293,886 times
Reputation: 53
That's right, ILLEGAL is a status, not a skin color....but it seems that mexicans are the one to fight just because of their huge presence here. I can feel the hispanic signature in your post, I agree with you and it doesnt feel good because this is becoming more of a cultural attack than a immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top