U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
As I've stated before, the solution is really simple. Implement the Fair Tax and open up the borders. Americans are no better than other nationalities, as far as human rights are concerned. Everyone should be allowed to buy property and live where they want, regardless of nationality or ethnicity.
And I should be able to park my car anywhere I feel like, with the keys in the ignition, with my camera on the front seat, and be able to walk away for as many hours as I choose, and return to find it "A-OK". That should be my right, and anything less than that, just isn't fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 08:20 AM

7,367 posts, read 6,526,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
And I should be able to park my car anywhere I feel like, with the keys in the ignition, with my camera on the front seat, and be able to walk away for as many hours as I choose, and return to find it "A-OK". That should be my right, and anything less than that, just isn't fair.
So long as its on your own property, yes you should. And yes, if your vehicle is stolen or damaged, this isn't fair because its a violation of your property rights.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Sigh. STLI Service 2 Description See specifically about the 9th paragrah.
Whether you want to believe it or not, there actually was a process people had to go through at Ellis Island for them to become citizens. As brief as it may have been, there was a process, and if the immigrants were sick or their papers not in order, they were sent back. Immigrants paid the shipping companies a one way fare, and it was the shipping company's responsibility to make sure everything was in order, or they would have to ship the immigrants back at the shipping company's expense.

There were no benefits or freebies provided to immigrants/new citizens. They became citizens, began to [i]legally[i] work, pay taxes, etc. It was on the immigrants to pay their own way.

Now, compare that to illegals sneaking across the border with no process at all, getting medical care and benefits, and if some of our Presidential candidates have it their way, drivers' licenses. Can you see the difference? I'd almost welcome the process again, brief as it was, as opposed to the all-out chaos now. I'd certainly welcome the immigrants having to pay their own way. Amnesty would hurt our country. Sometimes the "shoot first/ask questions later" actually does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
What kind of horse stuff is this?? before 1925 all you need to do to be
legal of to come here, and that's it , there were no laws or regulations you
would just show a paper with your name, it would then be changed in order to "anglicize it" and that was it, we need to have amnesty and then deal with the rest.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,151 times
Default Open thread to all who have posted here .

I have spent the last 2hrs. reading all the post on this subject, as to how we should regulate our boarders. Sadly nothing has been said about what our own Government officials have in the past and at this time are moving forward with. That is to open the boarders of Mexico and Canada with the United States. This will be done thru the building of what they call the North American Super Highway. (this can be proved by going on line , it's there . along with the North American Security Agreement )All the while they are building the fence in Arizona ( a smoke screen to keep us busy) which they know will not be needed after the Hwy. is open along with the new rail system. As to the government wanting to give them drivers license and Social Security cards, that is a whole other story of behind the closed door manavering to be discussed in another thread.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 AM

276 posts, read 637,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
As we are all aware, George W. Bush has wasted over 400-billion dollars of the USA taxpayer's money on a failed war in Iraq that was initiated based on false intelligence. What could this money have been better used on?

What if we had spent this 400-billion dollars on building new manufacturing plants, hospitals, and public schools on every street corner in Mexico? This would accomplish multiple goals:
  • Give the Mexicans a reason to stay in their own country with their own families and earn a decent living.
  • Transform the failing economy of Mexico and afford their citizens the luxuries of automobiles, health care, good food and clothing, air conditioning, and other things that would make staying in Mexico much more attractive.
  • With Americans footing the bill for the Mexican manufacturing plants that would pay lower wages than their USA counterparts, it would allow the USA to compete with the cheap-labor Chinese manufacturers and reduce the huge trade deficit that we have with them.
  • Reduce the load on the over-burdened public school systems and health care industries in the USA that have been overwhelmed with illegal immigrants.

Just an idea. I don't see anyone in government proposing any solutions to the problem. Granted, this one is probably something that would never be considered, but it would probably work if it was.

The way to tackle illegal immigration is to hold the Presidents and governments of these countries accountable for the poverty placed upon the people of their countries.
As long as the US keeps sending handouts they will continue to pocket them and send their citizens across the borders.
Mexico has some of the wealthiest people running the country and some of the wealthiest men controlling things from behind a curtain just as Africa, Haiti, other Caribean countries and some euro countries and there is no need for North America to support any of these countries. Their heads of state are extremely wealthy and the elite in these other countries makes our elite look impoverished! It's time for North America to invest in it's own citizens and Americans and Canadians should be working together toward this goal. Reducing all immigration should at this time be a top priority for both countries at least until they are fiscally able to support immigration, which I do not see in the near future.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM

257 posts, read 302,464 times
The solution? For one, put the United States Army at the border. Get the local police and military police to arrest all illegal Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or