U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You should read a history book, it will broaden your Tenessee Education.
DUSESEAN, What is up? Exuse me but you have quoted my post twice now where I say that Indians are citizens/Americans and Mexico does not own America. So your second reply is that I read a history book to broaden my Tennessee education. Why? Will reading a Tennessee or any history book refute what I posted? I am from and living in Los Angeles by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 08:38 AM

3 posts, read 4,471 times
Wrong... Wrong on both accounts in fact.

1- The war, though being mismanaged, was the right thing to do given the intelligence at the time. The fact that we have had to turn it into a political war (both at home and abroad) has contributed mightily to the perception that we're fighting a "failed war". What we really have is people with a "failed understanding" of what has already been achieved.

Believe it or not, one way of combatting the problems we face right now with islamic terrorists is to make certain that a democratic government is in place in the region. The world doesn't need to have states that are ruled by islamist fascists and are training grounds for terrorists.

2- There is too much corruption in Mexico for this idea to work (IMO). The Mexican people will need to take charge changes themselves. What will the Mexican population learn from the US building their infrastructure? A country's citizens need to learn to fend for themselves. Otherwise, we would simply need to pour more money and other resources into their infrastructure year after year. We would constantly be playing the role of caretaker.

Additionally, we could always use much less money to arm our border patrol agents and enforce our current laws.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 AM

942 posts, read 1,005,953 times
It sounds like a good idea, but only if the mexican people took interest in maintaining all of this. I live in an area that is overwhelmed with people from Mexico, legal and illegal. They do not give me the impression, they are interested in much of anything political, seem to live in their own little world, I never hear a hello, or anything that would make us natives feel like they were proud to live here, or wanted to be part of the community. Many have been here for a number of years. It seems the main interest is being here making as much money as they can, getting as many free services as they can, and have absolutely no contact with people that are natives to the USA. That is why I don't think it would even work if their own country were to become prosperous. They are getting more free here than if they were there.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,376,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As I have said repeatedly, you do not read posts all the way through. I posted this previously in this same thread.

My father-in-law, who passed away last month, was considered to be one of the most knowledgable Meso-American scholars of the last century. The information below, which I have already posted in an attempt to educate the historically challenged, came from my father-in-law. Before you attempt to revise it, let me assure you that my father-in-law loved Mexico and all things Mexican. He was a walking encyclopedia with regards to our neighbor to the south and his colleagues and students would agree that no one can hold a candle to him when it came to knowing all there is to know about Mexico, its history, and its people. The following is from my post in this thread about a week ago.

The Mexicans took the lands over from Spain who stole it from the Native American Indians. Both the Mexicans and the Spanish enslaved the indigenous Indian population. Mexicans paid the equivalent of $2 to anyone who would bring them the ears of the Apache, my ancestors.

Why does this fact always seem to escape you "Europeans are all illegal" proponents? Mexico owned land in this country for approximately 25 years. Americans have owned it for over 200 years. My Apache ancestors owned parts of it for over 1,000. Many of the other American Indian tribes owned it (in as much as they could. Native Americans do not believe that anyone can own the land) for many thousands of years. Mexico was well compensated for all lands they gave up in southern Arizona, southern New Mexico (the Gadsen Purchase) and California (the Treaty of Guadualupe Hildago). But those lands were nothing but a bunch of scattered rancheros. There were no cities, no urban Mexican centers that the Americans stole. The entire Mexican-American war was nothing but two years of skirmishes, not full-blown war. Mexico really only cared about Baja California, not Alta California. They kept Baja, we got Alta.

Mexico was financially compensated for all lands which were annexed by the United States of America. If I sell my ranch to you and decide fifty years down the road that the amount of financial compensation you gave to me was unfair, do I have the right to demand that you allow me to squat on the ranch because I once owned it for two years even though you've owned it for fifty? What a bloody ridiculous argument.

As far as Texas goes, Mexico invited the settlers in to settle the local Indian population. Once that was done, they tried to evict them. Big mistake, big. Mexico wanted a fight and they got one. They lost.

The argument for "everyone is illegal" is garbage as well. When many of America's forefathers immigrated, it was territory not a country. When America became a country, formed a government, and formulated its geo-political boundries, it became a country governed by the rule of law. As such, its citizens cannot pick and choose the laws they wish to follow. Without the rule of law, there is anarchy. We have immigration laws in this country, laws which must be obeyed in order for our society to function in a healthy manner. The proximity of our southern border to Mexico's northern border is not an open invitation to disregard our laws at will. This is not history repeating itself. It is lawlessness, plain and simple.
This is an excellent post. Mexican and other illegal aliens INVADING our country are NOT guest workers or undocumented workers. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS. No one that was not invited somewhere should ever be considered a "guest".

Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,140,176 times
If you think these lawbreakers would be a reliable source to use as some kind of look out for terrorists really shows how naive you are. You think a terrorist doesn’t know money talks in Mexico? You think terrorists don’t know all Mexican police and politicians are for sale? All a terrorist has to do is give them a few pesos and they are all too willing to look the other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Originally Posted by mountianboomer yes, it does bug me...you know why? Because 'these' people could be our eyes - they might all look alike to you, but believe me, there's differences in looks, walks, smells, traits between a 3rd world peasant from Mexico and a third world terrorist.
This is so funny on so many levels. You have to be kidding.
Should we also have the Mexican federalies be our eyes and ears?
That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. Yea let’s have the Mexicans control our borders. What a DA.

Last edited by Yac; 04-25-2007 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: quoting a deleted post.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 AM

3 posts, read 6,483 times
Checks and Balances

Why are americans complaining! JUSTICE will give us what we deserve. Every action has an equal reaction.

Ur ancestors took out the native indians, which were here for almost 500 generations... THEY displaced them to reservations, THEY murder them... why do U think this wave of illegal immigrants are coming in? Have U ever wondered if the Natives felt like U feel right now?

and yes JUNKMAN 18 is right: "They're coming for you too. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, butr they will come. The border states are running out of space to stash all of our illegals. You're next."

Just like Ur ancestors did to the NATIVES: They invaded them, now Ur beign invaded.

THE SOLUTION

Make justice to the NATIVES... and the Illegal Immigration will end. The sad truth is that this will never happen.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:26 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise Hwy View Post
Checks and Balances

Why are americans complaining! JUSTICE will give us what we deserve. Every action has an equal reaction.

Ur ancestors took out the native indians, which were here for almost 500 generations... THEY displaced them to reservations, THEY murder them... why do U think this wave of illegal immigrants are coming in? Have U ever wondered if the Natives felt like U feel right now?

and yes JUNKMAN 18 is right: "They're coming for you too. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, butr they will come. The border states are running out of space to stash all of our illegals. You're next."

Just like Ur ancestors did to the NATIVES: They invaded them, now Ur beign invaded.

THE SOLUTION

Make justice to the NATIVES... and the Illegal Immigration will end. The sad truth is that this will never happen.
Anyone out there following this line of reasoning?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,297,498 times
Calm down or the thread will be closed.
Yac.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,083 times
Quote:
Indians have there own land, they don't consider themselves to be Americans. They have their own rules, you can't even trespass on their turf unless you have Indian Blood, or there cool with you. Mexico previously owned the Southwest until we forcefully tried to take it, and then we signed a reconciliatory document called the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo which the U.S. paid for Mexico after thousands of men had died. Yeah it is history, and history is repeating itself today with illegal immigration. People have invaded other's land for Centuries, but now it leaves a bad taste in many American's mouths.
Have you been on a reservation???? I don't agree with they have their wn laws what are you talking about!!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,083 times
Quote:
You should read a history book, it will broaden your Tenessee Education.
Would this be the NEW REVISED verison of HISTORY that Mexico is passing out!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or