U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 AM

238 posts, read 131,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I disagree with your thinking. In America, the strong majority of people in the 'real world' disagree with your immigration beliefs posted on this forum.

Immigration - valid concerns from both PRO-immigration & Anti-immigration.

The important thing is to "fill in with your words here"

Do you tolerate Bullies? Then why should you bully others?

Do you root for the Underdog? - a strong majority do.

Do you think it's respectful to bash people?

Since you do, do you deserve respect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 10:42 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,102,735 times
Oh thank god he finally got banned here! He was on here way too often trolling and calling people bigots who disagreed with him! Funny how the word bigot gets used so much these days...now people just ignore it, doesn't carry all that power as it used too and people know its used to discrimate people with now, thank god, its bout time!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
I disagree with your thinking. In America, the strong majority of people in the 'real world' disagree with your immigration beliefs posted on this forum.

boomer only lives in his little liberal world, he and his few liberal friends seem to think that they can change the way 70 to 80 percent of Americans feel about illegal immigration. And the thing is, most liberals I know don't even agree with him.....

Old 04-27-2007, 12:10 AM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
" calling an illegal alien an undocumented worker is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest "

can't remember where i first heard that but i love that saying:

Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 AM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
yes, it does bug me...you know why? Because 'these' people could be our eyes - they might all look alike to you, but believe me, there's differences in looks, walks, smells, traits between a 3rd world peasant from Mexico and a third world terrorist.

Since you can't tell the difference between an illegal,legal Mexican or Central American, or Salvadorian, or Puerto Rican, or Cuban, or Dominican Republic, or South American, or Costa Rican, etc...wouldn't you want "your team" or "your buddy" or your ally" to point out where danger might be coming from?

But, since people like you think they are sub-human and treat them harshly, guess what, they might look the other way - and well, you can see why it bothers me ?

Sometimes one has to change for the good of the whole.

I've resented so many things over the years also: discrimination, racism, double standards, exclusion, police brutality - that's in the past...scars are healed.

Those things still exist, seem to be festering in some, that interferes with my sleep at night.
what the **** kind of psycho-babble was that

yco

Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
what the **** kind of psycho-babble was that

yco
That's known as boomer-babble.....or for short BB

Old 06-03-2007, 11:30 AM

36 posts, read 59,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
As we are all aware, George W. Bush has wasted over 400-billion dollars of the USA taxpayer's money on a failed war in Iraq that was initiated based on false intelligence. What could this money have been better used on?

What if we had spent this 400-billion dollars on building new manufacturing plants, hospitals, and public schools on every street corner in Mexico? This would accomplish multiple goals:
  • Give the Mexicans a reason to stay in their own country with their own families and earn a decent living.
  • Transform the failing economy of Mexico and afford their citizens the luxuries of automobiles, health care, good food and clothing, air conditioning, and other things that would make staying in Mexico much more attractive.
  • With Americans footing the bill for the Mexican manufacturing plants that would pay lower wages than their USA counterparts, it would allow the USA to compete with the cheap-labor Chinese manufacturers and reduce the huge trade deficit that we have with them.
  • Reduce the load on the over-burdened public school systems and health care industries in the USA that have been overwhelmed with illegal immigrants.

Just an idea. I don't see anyone in government proposing any solutions to the problem. Granted, this one is probably something that would never be considered, but it would probably work if it was.

I agree with you 100%, I have been trying to say this for a long time. I belong to fox23.com and I am an active member, and I say things like this all the time, No one understands. They are all for them selfs. I have even been banned from foroums for speaking on this subject, america the great huh?? well if AMERICA doesnt get their head out of their butts, when all the Mexicans have to go back, were going to be lookin pretty bad..
Most people hear what they want and shut the rest out.
It's a shock to hear that your government is at fault. The President and Media
wanted to get the War issue off of peoples minds, since the government was
taking a lot of flack from people being so mad about the war, so they decided
to change to the immigrants, let's tackle them and take the peoples minds off
of WAR, they called it a "SMOKE SCREEN", now they've made matters worse for the
illegals. President Bush wants to remain in office so he can keep the WAR
going, he felt that if he could start on the illegals, then if they're made
legal, they would vote for him, cause he knows that anyone else that gets into
office will bring our troops back, and he don't want that, he has promised to
help the immigrants, but they are still waiting, then only Oklahoma had the HB-
1804, to harass the Mexicans, now so many will go into hiding and quit
spending, since they will have to make last minute changes in their lives.
Oklahoma's economy will drop drastically since they have become adjusted to the
money that the Mexicans have spent here. Oklahoma was a DEPRESSION state, but
the Mexicans have put money in here to help keep Oklahoma afloat, plus all of
the other states that have held up Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a "VERY POOR" state
anyway, poor wages have always been here. I wished that for just one month that
all illegals would not spend a penny in America, and only go to Mexican stores
to shop, and see what happens to America the so called "LAND of the FREE" I
think they should "BOYCOT" America. America wouldn't know what to do, and the
prices would jump SKY HIGH in just a matter of a couple of days, then watch all
the so called people haters change there minds, then they would have something
to complain about. Some schools would shut down, even business would shut down,
since they depend on the help and money that the Mexicans provide. produce
would rot, cause no American wants to pick fruits and vegetables, the cost of
lose would triple. In fact, I'm going to start sending messages for the
Mexicans to "BOYCOT" America and show them what they are saying is WRONG to the
HUMAN RACE.

Just my intake on the whole thing, sometimes I get carried away, Sorry

Old 06-03-2007, 11:35 AM

36 posts, read 59,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I agree 100%. However, if we're going to throw hundreds of billions of dollars away on hopeless causes such as an illegal war in Iraq (on the other side of the world), I think it would be better spent making Mexico (our neighbor) a better place to live so that its residents have a reason to stay there instead of coming to the USA illegally. We could probably even build a fence on the border with the several billion dollars in leftover change.

Wow Voyager, I agree with you 100% where can I find you. I need you on my side. I can't find to many that are for this and want to help them along with helping our selves. Where are you? what state?

Old 06-03-2007, 11:56 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPR_USA View Post
In fact, I'm going to start sending messages for the
Mexicans to "BOYCOT" America and show them what they are saying is WRONG to the
HUMAN RACE.

Just my intake on the whole thing, sometimes I get carried away, Sorry
I'm with you. There is nothing that would please me more than to have all Mexicans boycott America. That would include moving as far away from us as possible. As for the potential economic impact if illegal aliens were to suddenly disappear.....let's give it a try! Deport all illegal aliens back to their home countries and see how the economy does.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,137,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I'm with you. There is nothing that would please me more than to have all Mexicans boycott America. That would include moving as far away from us as possible. As for the potential economic impact if illegal aliens were to suddenly disappear.....let's give it a try! Deport all illegal aliens back to their home countries and see how the economy does.
I agree. Let's start a special one time "Mexicans leave America tax" that everyone can pay into to supply enough fuel to make the drive. I figure maybe $2.00 per person should be enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or