Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM

63 posts, read 125,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I just don't understand what is wrong with those kids. One was even black and another was hispanic himself. I guess it is some kind of crowd mentality. Nothing will bring back the life of the man who was murdered, however.
Really? That is crazy!
Why would a Hispanic want to go "beaner jumping"? It doesn't make sense. Especially since this appears to be even more race related than going out to attack "illegals".
Can you link me to where you found that, please?
I don't know what makes young people get a mob mentality like that.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by word21 View Post
Really? That is crazy!
Why would a Hispanic want to go "beaner jumping"? It doesn't make sense. Especially since this appears to be even more race related than going out to attack "illegals".
Can you link me to where you found that, please?
I don't know what makes young people get a mob mentality like that.
Remember there tends to be 'bad blood' between Americans of generic Hispanic heritage and even legal Latino immigrants but Marcelo being assaulted let alone murdered was over the top.

In fact: 30 years ago the Cholos typically would not accept Mexican born individuals. A Latina told me that story; she was from SOB and the American Vatos would not accept her.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Thats what you seem to be implying though isn't it? Isn't that what your anger and your voice in this thread has been about?
This murder isn't worth mentioning? Or that guy has nothing to complain about because youre upset over unrelated crimes? Get over yourself.

Yawns . . . . again, don't twist my words to suit your needs. As far as what you think, frankly, I give less than a dead rats' Mod cut

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 11-11-2008 at 06:42 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember there tends to be 'bad blood' between Americans of generic Hispanic heritage and even legal Latino immigrants but Marcelo being assaulted let alone murdered was over the top.

In fact: 30 years ago the Cholos typically would not accept Mexican born individuals. A Latina told me that story; she was from SOB and the American Vatos would not accept her.
Both "facts" are very questionable.
And as far as the "cholos" thing, are you making a fact out of one quote from one person?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yawns . . . . again, don't twist my words to suit your needs. As far as what you think, frankly, I give less than a dead rats' ass.
Okay then, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Both "facts" are very questionable.
And as far as the "cholos" thing, are you making a fact out of one quote from one person?
I know of what I speak of there..............

Remember I was referring to the late 1970's when I moved to California and trust me: there were far fewer Spanish speaking Hispanics (of any race) compared to now.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I know of what I speak of there..............

Remember I was referring to the late 1970's when I moved to California and trust me: there were far fewer Spanish speaking Hispanics (of any race) compared to now.
No offense, but I think I know of what you speak of "there" better than you do.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
I don't think it has as much to do with the cause, as the person presenting it.
This is, after all, an immigration thread, so of course you're going to hear about compassion regarding immigration.
You have no idea what charity people do, or what they care about.

But by trying to get a response by taunting people, you're going to get ignored. Ignored to the point where you feel like you have to hijack other threads(like this one) to get a response(trolling?).
In reality, it probably isn't doing the charity very much good, since you're turning off people that would probably be willing to donate.

It's kind of tacky to present a charity in that way, patting yourself on the back, and attacking those on the opposite side of an argument irrelevant to the charity itself.

I don't see it as you "sticking it" to the "pro-illegals". It just makes you look kind of spiteful.
Well, considering the overwhelming response I've received from everyone else, I'm going to say--WRONG.

And I'll say again.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Show the same compassion toward AMERICAN citizens that you want the rest of us to show to illegal aliens.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yawns . . . . again, don't twist my words to suit your needs. As far as what you think, frankly, I give less than a dead rats' ass.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Well, considering the overwhelming response I've received from everyone else, I'm going to say--WRONG.

And I'll say again.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Show the same compassion toward AMERICAN citizens that you want the rest of us to show to illegal aliens.
Again, you're presenting it as a challenge. Even now. That's not the right way to do it.
And when I said people are being turned off, I'm talking about "pro-illegal" people.

If you want to use a charity to pat yourself on the back, and use it to taunt people with different opinions than you on an irrelevant matter, more power to you. It makes you look petty, and negates the otherwise good thing you were doing for the charity.
You don't strike me as the type of person who donates anonymously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration