U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-14-2008, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Mexifornia (for now)
136 posts, read 257,433 times
Reputation: 118

Advertisements

Illegal re-entry now brings prison time | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

It's about time, isn't it? Maybe when prosecutors realize how dangerous some of these illegal scumbags are/can be we'll start seeing more prosecutions and possibly a drop in criminal activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Here and There
2,539 posts, read 3,284,110 times
Reputation: 3766
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
Illegal re-entry now brings prison time | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

It's about time, isn't it? Maybe when prosecutors realize how dangerous some of these illegal scumbags are/can be we'll start seeing more prosecutions and possibly a drop in criminal activities.
Aren't our prison's already full? I for one don't want to fork out anymore of my tax dollars for illegal immigrants, let their own countries imprison them and pay for it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,812,959 times
Reputation: 4446
while it is nice that somebody wants to get tough, i think we should just keep deporting them as many times as it takes. taxpayers don't need to be stuck taking care of these lawbreakers. let mexico handle them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,355,533 times
Reputation: 1401
Good deal. It's about time we treated them like the criminals they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
1,459 posts, read 4,049,570 times
Reputation: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Aren't our prison's already full? I for one don't want to fork out anymore of my tax dollars for illegal immigrants, let their own countries imprison them and pay for it as well.

Your tax dollars will support the illegals one way or another while they are in this country, I would rather my tax dollars be spent on giving these scumbags hard time behind bars rather than supporting all the free handouts they get. If they get deported and looking at 20 years for coming back into the country it may make them think about doing it.

Their own country will not imprison them, they encourage them to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,310 posts, read 25,758,636 times
Reputation: 10574
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Good deal. It's about time we treated them like the criminals they are.
I agree, chele

Common Criminals need to be treated like Common Criminals.

Deportation is great, however, if they return illegally a more serious approach is necessary. We also need to cease the BS at the borders and react to this criminal invasion with severe force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,844,341 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree, chele

Common Criminals need to be treated like Common Criminals.

Deportation is great, however, if they return illegally a more serious approach is necessary. We also need to cease the BS at the borders and react to this criminal invasion with severe force.
I agree....Had we spent 1/10 of the money we've wasted in Iraq on a nonexistant threat to shore up our border defenses against the only REAL threat we face this would now be a nonissue and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.The border and the employers of illegals is where the problem lies.Give employers of illegals a mandatory 20 years behind bars and watch how fast our problem is solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,812,959 times
Reputation: 4446
i agree with imprisoning employers of illegal immigrants. that is the single smartest solution because if employers don't hire them they won't come here in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,844,341 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i agree with imprisoning employers of illegal immigrants. that is the single smartest solution because if employers don't hire them they won't come here in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top