U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2008, 06:38 AM
 
8,649 posts, read 14,875,091 times
Reputation: 4563

Advertisements

She needs to be suing the Mexican government and ours, she could start with Mayor Bill White of Houston for his support of illegals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,803,049 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Back in 84 I arrested a robbery, female. Cuffed her and shuck her down
put her in the back seat of my squad............When I got to the station, less than a mile away and let her out, she handed me my cuffs..........
Latter I tossed the car and found a small North American arms shoved in between the seat and it was loaded. She told the dicks she though I was cool and was just messin with me That wasnt my day.

Another time in 90 I put a hand cuffed prisoner in the back seat of another officer's car. He got out of the cuffs, pried open the slider and drove off in out squad car. We had a hell of a chase and a shoot out at the end of it...........That cost me a months pay

My point is, sometimes crap just happens and we loose control
Don't feel bad,that stuff happens to the best of us(lol).....I stopped a biker one night for a possible DUI( he looked back at me one to many times in his mirror at a stop sign and appeared nervous)...the subject had no DL on him or ID of any kind,but the motorcycle was registered to a guy with an outstanding failure to appear warrant/DUI and I assumed it was him because when dispatch ran the registered owners DL the description matched my trophy to a T(I figured the warrant was why he was nervous and kept eyeballing me like he did and I thought I was pretty slick for picking up on that at the time.Oh yeah,I had it going on.)..He was VERY combative so I thumped him pretty hard repeatedly with a 6 d cell maglite(no taser guns back then) until I beat him to the asphalt and then did a quick search while he was on the ground because I was by myself and help was still at least 8-10 minutes out(not making excuses for what came later,just stating a fact)....he was clean as a pin....cuffed and stuffed him and took him in through the sally port because he was combative....we jerked him out of the backseat and a bag of weed hit the floor .....redfaced,I turned him over to the JP's custody for booking and strip search and went back out to scope my backseat out (my s.o.p. after every arrest or if for some odd reason I had to drive someone else's cruiser ,I would search it before I used it too.You know why without me telling you I'm sure)....Anyway,there laid a bone handled switch blade and a bag of pills shoved down between the seat bottom and back ...I knew I was on several cameras because I was still docked in the port AND I knew that since the incident had escalated by the weed falling in the floor in plain view of the suckazz JPs that the Sheriff was going to be eating popcorn and checking this little movie out,I was sick and knew I was in hot water already,so I walked up to the cam and showed the contraband for the record and then headed into booking to turn it in (THAT was a long walk,but if I had known what going to happen over the next half hour I would have just ran off myself.lol).I figured the JPs would be laughing at me and give me the "You're lucky he didn't blah blah blah....When I stepped into the office and looked at their faces I knew something was not only wrong but BAD wrong.....they had this dude nearly naked,in cuffs,shackles and leg irons and he had a fresh shiner still swelling up (he FELL while they were "subduing"him) and they were pissed.....Nobody said a word to me but the JP captain handed me an Astra cub .25 cal auto pistol with the clip removed and locked back and then he pointed to his desk where a clip laid that was loaded and one shell laying beside it...I knew that one shell laying beside the clip was one that came out of the pipe and that meant I had fought in the middle of nowhere,transported and then brought a man into a secure area with a loaded pistol.Just when I thought that this nightmare couldn't get any worse,it did....he started telling us he was sick of running and wanted to just go back home and do his time in his home state,he gave us his name and SSN,we ran it.....We couldn't believe it...He had 1 outstanding hit for escape,1 outstanding hit for ADW on a Police officer,SEVERAL outstanding hits on A/B and he was wanted for questioning in Ga. in connection with the MURDER OF A POLICE OFFICER!!!!! His NCIC sheet looked like a who's who of the biker world as known associates and his background check report was unbelievable...I couldn't believe that a judge hadn't sentenced this maggot to life without parole decades ago..Instead of me being the big man on campus for snagging this dude,I looked like a complete dumbass that was just lucky to be alive because I was so stupid...That incident and the ensuing fallout that I dealt with made me a much better LEO after that and it made it MUCH rougher on ANYONE I arrested after that because I didn't care if it was 20 below zero when I searched you beside the road,you were dang near getting a strip search b4 you got in MY car.You are 100% right when you say"sometimes crap just happens" because it surely does.Wanna hear about the 30 year vet road officer who was getting ready to put a felon in his FRONT seat to interview him when I rolled up and spotted a belt buckle mounted pistol on the subject???It happens day after day.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 11-16-2008 at 07:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 AM
 
91 posts, read 260,295 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Back in 84 I arrested a robbery, female. Cuffed her and shuck her down
put her in the back seat of my squad............When I got to the station, less than a mile away and let her out, she handed me my cuffs..........
Latter I tossed the car and found a small North American arms shoved in between the seat and it was loaded. She told the dicks she though I was cool and was just messin with me That wasnt my day.

Another time in 90 I put a hand cuffed prisoner in the back seat of another officer's car. He got out of the cuffs, pried open the slider and drove off in out squad car. We had a hell of a chase and a shoot out at the end of it...........That cost me a months pay

My point is, sometimes crap just happens and we loose control
I can understand getting out of cuffs. Thats no big trick(why hasnt this been dealt with on the manufacturing level?) but to not find a weapon on a perp is the officers fault plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 08:06 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Don't feel bad,that stuff happens to the best of us(lol).....I stopped a biker one night for a possible DUI( he looked back at me one to many times in his mirror at a stop sign and appeared nervous)...the subject had no DL on him or ID of any kind,but the motorcycle was registered to a guy with an outstanding failure to appear warrant/DUI and I assumed it was him because when dispatch ran the registered owners DL the description matched my trophy to a T(I figured the warrant was why he was nervous and kept eyeballing me like he did and I thought I was pretty slick for picking up on that at the time.Oh yeah,I had it going on.)..He was VERY combative so I thumped him pretty hard repeatedly with a 6 d cell maglite(no taser guns back then) until I beat him to the asphalt and then did a quick search while he was on the ground because I was by myself and help was still at least 8-10 minutes out(not making excuses for what came later,just stating a fact)....he was clean as a pin....cuffed and stuffed him and took him in through the sally port because he was combative....we jerked him out of the backseat and a bag of weed hit the floor .....redfaced,I turned him over to the JP's custody for booking and strip search and went back out to scope my backseat out (my s.o.p. after every arrest or if for some odd reason I had to drive someone else's cruiser ,I would search it before I used it too.You know why without me telling you I'm sure)....Anyway,there laid a bone handled switch blade and a bag of pills shoved down between the seat bottom and back ...I knew I was on several cameras because I was still docked in the port AND I knew that since the incident had escalated by the weed falling in the floor in plain view of the suckazz JPs that the Sheriff was going to be eating popcorn and checking this little movie out,I was sick and knew I was in hot water already,so I walked up to the cam and showed the contraband for the record and then headed into booking to turn it in (THAT was a long walk,but if I had known what going to happen over the next half hour I would have just ran off myself.lol).I figured the JPs would be laughing at me and give me the "You're lucky he didn't blah blah blah....When I stepped into the office and looked at their faces I knew something was not only wrong but BAD wrong.....they had this dude nearly naked,in cuffs,shackles and leg irons and he had a fresh shiner still swelling up (he FELL while they were "subduing"him) and they were pissed.....Nobody said a word to me but the JP captain handed me an Astra cub .25 cal auto pistol with the clip removed and locked back and then he pointed to his desk where a clip laid that was loaded and one shell laying beside it...I knew that one shell laying beside the clip was one that came out of the pipe and that meant I had fought in the middle of nowhere,transported and then brought a man into a secure area with a loaded pistol.Just when I thought that this nightmare couldn't get any worse,it did....he started telling us he was sick of running and wanted to just go back home and do his time in his home state,he gave us his name and SSN,we ran it.....We couldn't believe it...He had 1 outstanding hit for escape,1 outstanding hit for ADW on a Police officer,SEVERAL outstanding hits on A/B and he was wanted for questioning in Ga. in connection with the MURDER OF A POLICE OFFICER!!!!! His NCIC sheet looked like a who's who of the biker world as known associates and his background check report was unbelievable...I couldn't believe that a judge hadn't sentenced this maggot to life without parole decades ago..Instead of me being the big man on campus for snagging this dude,I looked like a complete dumbass that was just lucky to be alive because I was so stupid...That incident and the ensuing fallout that I dealt with made me a much better LEO after that and it made it MUCH rougher on ANYONE I arrested after that because I didn't care if it was 20 below zero when I searched you beside the road,you were dang near getting a strip search b4 you got in MY car.You are 100% right when you say"sometimes crap just happens" because it surely does.Wanna hear about the 30 year vet road officer who was getting ready to put a felon in his FRONT seat to interview him when I rolled up and spotted a belt buckle mounted pistol on the subject???It happens day after day.
Rep if I could brother...............yep sometimes its like we got little guardian angles watching over us.................Kel Lite............LOL handt heard that phrase in along one..................now they all got aspppssss.....

The day I decided I would get a BPV, was the day a perp shoved a snubbie in my belly and pulled the trigger twice. It didnt go off..............
The next morning I was there wearing the depts FIRST BVP and did I take some crapola over that................Sigh, I just consider myself lucky I made it through and got to watch the kiddos grow up.........Now Im just one of the OLD guys with stories and nothing else............cept I can still out shoot them all and proved it last month...........and with the Smith 66-4..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,803,049 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Rep if I could brother...............yep sometimes its like we got little guardian angles watching over us.................Kel Lite............LOL handt heard that phrase in along one..................now they all got aspppssss.....

The day I decided I would get a BPV, was the day a perp shoved a snubbie in my belly and pulled the trigger twice. It didnt go off..............
The next morning I was there wearing the depts FIRST BVP and did I take some crapola over that................Sigh, I just consider myself lucky I made it through and got to watch the kiddos grow up.........Now Im just one of the OLD guys with stories and nothing else............cept I can still out shoot them all and proved it last month...........and with the Smith 66-4..lol
LOL....I kept my 686 4" 357 mag while every other goober jumped on the 9mm band wagon.I had a young idiot visiting firearms "instructor" pull me up in front of the whole crew and say that I was wrong for carrying it and that I was wrong for carrying a bulldog pug .44 special as my backup instead of a 380.,he gave a long speach about it all designed to make me look stupid...."I wouldn't be able to "share" ammo in a hot situation with a fellow officer who was out of ammo and blah blah"...Standard issue was a Sig P226 with a 20 round extended clip and with one in the pipe that gave you 21....They also carried two clips on their belt which all told gave them 61 rounds and some carried extra clips in their jacket pockets during the cold months.....I let this moron say all he had to say and then I said" I carry 6 in my gun,two speed loaders that I'm like a lightning bolt with on my belt and a speed loader in both jacket pockets,so I'm covered,but if you think I'm gonna share ammo with some dumbass that just shot 61 rounds at a subject and didn't kill him,you've lost your F'ing mind".....The whole place busted out laughing and I dirty looked the kid and went and took my seat holding my head high.....Needless to say that pretty much ended his session and we never had him back there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times
Reputation: 457
Oh yeah, the spray and pray crowd..................takes some balls to stand with a revolver and take sight as the perp is dropping rounds like a rope a dope jamoke.................Dang glad to see a fellow copper on her. Immigration isnt to liberal but some of the other threads just wear me wrong...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,803,049 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Oh yeah, the spray and pray crowd..................takes some balls to stand with a revolver and take sight as the perp is dropping rounds like a rope a dope jamoke.................Dang glad to see a fellow copper on her. Immigration isnt to liberal but some of the other threads just wear me wrong...........
I hear ya there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top