U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:15 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
classic transferal of the question................My local walmart has lots of people on disability who work there including a paraplegic in a wheel chair.

They are old, they are young, they are disabled...........and they all speak english.

Now I find it funny your lump all us gringas into your little Machiavellian twisted world.

Funny I work with over 200 fellow AMEIRCANS, that make it to work every day, are NOT obese and most find things to do after work besides watch the boobie tube.

Lets hear it fellow posters...............how many people do YOU work with on a daily basis that defy the picture the fartgas has painted.............

I noticed several times in your rant you used "we" as singular.........does that mean that it is in fact YOU that is obese, eats potata chips and watches tv all day while drawing a welfare chip........................

Are you in fact the thing you deride????????????????????????
You must live in Oklahoma. I know exactly which Wal Mart you are talking about!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
You must live in Oklahoma.
Quote:
I know exactly which Wal Mart you are talking about!
And which town and store in Oklahoma is that?..

Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?

If this is a big problem in your life, I envy you my friend, you must have a very easy going life......

Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
If this is a big problem in your life, I envy you my friend, you must have a very easy going life......
Not having an English speaker as the greeter at a Wal-Mart is very bad PR at best and an insult to the USA at worst

Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Since the majority of Hispanic citizens speak English why would there be a need for mono-lingual Spanish speaker to be a greeter at Wal-Mart? They are pretty stupid since English is our language and as I said even Hispanic citzens speak English. I hope they lose a lot of business over this.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times
Quote:
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
Too bad you didn't think to say, "No intendo Espanol".

No, you're not being sensitive. With the rising rate of elders needing to supplement their dwindling "income", you can bet that there are a bunch of ENGLISH-speaking ones who would have appreciated the job.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM

14,806 posts, read 18,805,928 times
Quote:
Who gives a ......
If you don't like "Communist Chinese Wal-Mart" ... all you have to do is drag your lazy a... to another store.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Who gives a ......
If you don't like "Communist Chinese Wal-Mart" ... all you have to do is drag your lazy a... to another store.
If you do not appreciate US culture with the use of the English language; do us all a favor and move to another country. No one is stopping you from leaving

Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And which town and store in Oklahoma is that?..
Well, I probably shouldn't haave said that because don't most Wal Marts hire some disabled people? The one I was thinking of though, is in Yukon.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I'm in Reno, not Vegas. Now if I lived in Vegas I would certainly understand the situation and then there would be no problemo. I left Vegas years ago and would never move back to there.

I got an email from the lovely ppl at the Wal-Mart corporate office...blah, blah, blah, which is pretty much what I expected, although I was hoping for a gift card to kinda smooth things over. I haven't been back to Wal-Mart since the incident and don't intend to give them any more of my money. I can hold a grudge for a very long time.

To the poster who suggested that we should all learn some Spanish so that we can understand and communicate with those who only speak Spanish in the USA. I grew up in this country. My parents talked to me in English when I was a baby. I was spoken to in English when I attended school (a public school at that!)....in this country. When I was growing up and turned the tv on, everything was in English. When I served in the U.S. Army, I was spoken to in English. English is my native language. If I were to learn a different language it would be Italian. I someday would like to go to Italy and I would want to be understood and be able to understand the language that is spoken there. It only makes sense.
How did they try to justify it? and, did you tell them you wouldn't be shopping there anymore? There's a McDonalds up the street from me, the manager is Latino, and they say thats all he will hire. I believe it because only once have I seen a non Hispanic person working there, and they didn't last. I don't know how they do it, because so many of them do not understand a word you say. It was too much for me when the guy handed me my purchases (through the drive thru) one by onoe. I asked for a sack several times, but, he didn't understand what I was asking for, so I just left with my stuff sliding all over the seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration