U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM

968 posts, read 1,180,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
Yeah thats nice.. and my husband who can speak both was turned down for a job there. My husband lost his job and has to work 2 jobs and does not have health insurance.. even working at walmart pays hire wages than most jobs in the area. Yet my kid tried to ask a lady at McDonald's a question the other day and she gave the same answer..

Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 AM

11,102 posts, read 12,799,363 times
Quote:
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
One word...BOYCOTT !

Old 11-17-2008, 04:26 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
Quote:
i would go to walmart management and tell them what that person did. walmart had been sued by illegal immigrant groups, as well as the government, and would not voluntarily put themselves in the position to hire more illegal immigrants:
The chief of the Homeland Security Department's largest investigative arm on Friday called on corporations to come clean if they employ illegal immigrants, or face civil or criminal penalties. Assistant Secretary Michael Garcia announced that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement bureau had reached the largest civil settlement ever of a case involving alleged hiring of illegal immigrants. Under the settlement, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., agreed to pay the government $11 million and implement an unprecedented compliance and training program, including a commitment never to employ illegal aliens."This is a milestone for corporate responsibility and it sends a strong precedent that we look to other companies to follow," Garcia said.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 AM

11,102 posts, read 12,799,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i would go to walmart management and tell them what that person did. walmart had been sued by illegal immigrant groups, as well as the government, and would not voluntarily put themselves in the position to hire more illegal immigrants:
The chief of the Homeland Security Department's largest investigative arm on Friday called on corporations to come clean if they employ illegal immigrants, or face civil or criminal penalties. Assistant Secretary Michael Garcia announced that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement bureau had reached the largest civil settlement ever of a case involving alleged hiring of illegal immigrants. Under the settlement, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., agreed to pay the government $11 million and implement an unprecedented compliance and training program, including a commitment never to employ illegal aliens."This is a milestone for corporate responsibility and it sends a strong precedent that we look to other companies to follow," Garcia said.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 AM

394 posts, read 896,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
great site mcfarnam, thanks

Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
I agree with flburgos, I am a small bussiness owner, and my experience
has been similar to what flburgos describes, at least that is my experience.
Many of the people I've hired are virtually illiterate, with very poor work ethics, no motivation, no pride, some will spend most of the time either complaining or smoking, the few good ones, realize that they do most of the work for the same pay and become rebelious, I've hired, however, a few hispanics with excellent results.
These results, were they on your part or the employees part?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
White English speaking people should do it. Do they feel its beneath them?

And what happens when the people doing it now catch on to that principle?

A SHORTAGE OF CHEAP LABOUR!!!!!
Any ethnicity, as long as they're legal US Citizens.
Don't use just one skin color or the trolls will be on you calling you an extremist and a racist.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Who said it needed to be white? English speaking absolutly.
We have no problem filling the jobs in my area. Perhaps we need to prosecute any and ALL employers of illegals. We should also prosecute landlords and anyone else providing shelter to illegals. That would include those churches that make themselves a sanctuary site.
Are you in or near Hazleton?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Obviously you will say anything to support denying legals work in favor of illegals. I work in a factory that employs nearly 3000 legal citizens. We are one of P&G's most productive plants. So either P&G mehoopany is a freak of nature or you are full of your own fecal matter. By the way I am 45. Grew up on a dairy farm. Yes that means I started working before I hit the teens. No we didn't hire illegals, hispanics, or any other immigrants. I can't say all dairy farms or all small dairy farms don't but I will say that most do not use illegal workers.
The fact that many illegals are good workers is entirely irrelevant. They are illegal and have no right to work here, live here or benefit from our society. The fact that some scumbags do like to hire them is only proof of one thing.
Quote:
That those employers are in fact scum bags who need to spend some time in prison.
It's the Corperate Farms that hire illegals. Small and Med, farms like ours delt directly with those we bought supplies from and sold our milk to. No middleman.(gov)
If we needed help we had neighbors who were happy to help.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Are you in or near Hazleton?
I live about 50 miles from Hazelton.... Long Live Lou Barletta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration