Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,955,075 times

Advertisements

Only in America can somebody who does not speak the country's native language can still find employment. If you move to Mexico or France do you think anybody will hire you if you don't speak a word of Spanish or French, fugghedaboutit.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,055,523 times
Another reason to put on my list of why I will not shop at WalMart.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,945,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
No, I don't believe you're just being sensitive. I was in Wal-Mart the other day and approached a costumer service rep to ask where such-and-such was. He gave me a blank look and didn't say anything so I patiently repeated it. He shook his head and said "No English". What the hell is Wal-Mart thinking?

Old 11-16-2008, 03:19 PM

78 posts, read 138,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
I just returned from Wal-Mart and I am as mad as heck! As I was leaving, I turned to the greeter and asked him a question. He replied, "I don't speak English." He was a greeter for goodness sake, out in public. This is the United States and surely there must be enough English speaking ppl who come through the doors that they would need an ENGLISH speaking person to work the entrances. Am I being just a bit sensitive about this?
I am sure there are many native english speaking people out there capable of doing the job, they may just dont want to work, we see this all the time, that's why our economy is going so bad, our own people, all they
want is the "goodies" of tthe market economy, but are not willing to work, I hope there is enough people making a decent living out there so that Obama can spread the wealth, and make all of us participants of the "american dream"

Old 11-16-2008, 03:30 PM

78 posts, read 138,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
classic transferal of the question................My local walmart has lots of people on disability who work there including a paraplegic in a wheel chair.

They are old, they are young, they are disabled...........and they all speak english.

Now I find it funny your lump all us gringas into your little Machiavellian twisted world.

Funny I work with over 200 fellow AMEIRCANS, that make it to work every day, are NOT obese and most find things to do after work besides watch the boobie tube.

Lets hear it fellow posters...............how many people do YOU work with on a daily basis that defy the picture the fartgas has painted.............

I noticed several times in your rant you used "we" as singular.........does that mean that it is in fact YOU that is obese, eats potata chips and watches tv all day while drawing a welfare chip........................

Are you in fact the thing you deride????????????????????????
I agree with flburgos, I am a small bussiness owner, and my experience
has been similar to what flburgos describes, at least that is my experience.
Many of the people I've hired are virtually illiterate, with very poor work ethics, no motivation, no pride, some will spend most of the time either complaining or smoking, the few good ones, realize that they do most of the work for the same pay and become rebelious, I've hired, however, a few hispanics with excellent results.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
Many of the people I've hired are virtually illiterate, with very poor work ethics, no motivation, no pride, some will spend most of the time either complaining or smoking, the few good ones, realize that they do most of the work for the same pay and become rebelious, I've hired, however, a few hispanics with excellent results.
Legal or illegal 'Hispanics'? The former are as good an anybody else----------the latter along with their employers are criminals.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,134,044 times
Quote:
I would suggest that you stop recruiting from the back alley.
Yes their are some lazy slackard US Citizens out there. By far there are more hard working literate citizens to pick from. Or perhaps you pay below scale and so your only options are the least productive citizens society has to offer.
At any rate there is no justification for hireing an illegal.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,136 times
White English speaking people should do it. Do they feel its beneath them?

And what happens when the people doing it now catch on to that principle?

A SHORTAGE OF CHEAP LABOUR!!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:38 PM

16 posts, read 80,397 times
I am disturbed that an american company does not have english speaking people greeters , if we went to any other country we could not get a job unless we spoke thier language......my brother in law recently married a lady in canada, he went to live there but, cannot get a job unless he lives there for a year and he was not an illegal.....maybe he should of gone to walmart for a job, he could of said he didn't speak french !!!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,015 times
Quote:
Oh yeah your the guy that admitted using illegals for yard work or to build something..............and we are supposed to take you serious now.

Your class is what is wrong with this country. By your own admission you were willing to pay cheap wages for cheap work and the rest of us be damned cause you had yours........................

Regarding your inability to hire good people and keep them........maybe it is you as the boss. Ever consider that?????

I on the other hand have two hundred employees and have a turn over rate of less than 5% a year. And I dont hire illegals, and I do hire citizens and the work habit is excellent.

Maybe your wages are just to low and that is what keeps your employee pool so bad. Raise your wages. Wait you cant cause then you couldn't cause it wouldn't allow you to continue YOUR life style...........did I get that right???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration