U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Us because we are legal and think we can just trash anyone and commit these hate crimes. These kind of crimes don't make things any better and don't solve immigration problems.Everyone is human and needs to be respected as a human being.Legal or not legal these are human lives. Let's let the proper authorities deal with this instead of taking the law into our own hands. I just recently ran into an a-hole that thought i did not understand english at a lowe's store and made some comments about my family.I requested a manager and complained and within a week he was gone.These are the things my family has to deal with on a daily basis.We live like everybody else we pay taxes, work full time, struggle to pay a mortgage and make ends meet.I don't need some punk working at a lowe's store chasing carriages in the parking lot passing judgement on my family! Toxic people come in all races and colors.
Once again, who are you referring to as 'we'? No one on this forum had anything to do with these crimes and it is ridiculous for you to come in here hurling outrageous accusations at people simply because you are angry that someone at Lowe's made a remark about your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 07:16 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
I guess 2 wrongs make a right for you.We harm innocent people as well is the point.So let's not think we are any better we commit the same crimes on a daily basis.
Not altogether true...though I frequently go out of my way to harm illegals, I don't do so on a daily basis....last Tuesday, for example, I missed a day. How about you? While it's true all of us TRY to commit these crimes on a "daily basis", I believe you'll find that MOST of us do miss a day, now and then. If you don't, you're one of the few, I must say. Only you can answer that.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
read the article the burning question. who did it.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 PM

582 posts, read 1,786,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I might have kicked said punks azz. You are correct in that as a legal citizen you deserve much better treatment.
As for the US part of your post. No most of US do not think that it is acceptable to harm others due to race, sex, religion or legal staus. But most of US do get upset because once in a while a hate gruop bunch of idiots will do something like this and the Illegal gets more press than when an illegal kills a legal citizen. It should be a national outrage that our own government trys to white wash and midigate crimes by illegals.
I respect you for your post and at least you can make some sense out this immigration issue.As far as the government goes they cover every that has to do with them not doing their job.Society is too stupid to realize that immigration is getting out of control beacuse our government is doing nothing about it.But we turn around and ignore the government and blame the immigrants.I don't have any pity for our government our country has gone down the tubes with the current president and we are in a massive hole right now.Middle class like me are the ones to struggle.The ones on welfare and the rich are all set while we spend trillions on a stupid war and worry about saddam's nephew.Meanwhile we sit here and forget the root of the problem which is our government and trash people that are being allowed to come into this country.Let's get it through our thick heads it's the government's fault for dropping the ball on immigration.Most people given the chance to come here and have a better life are going to jump at the opportunity it's our government's responsability to not play with our tax money.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Us because we are legal and think we can just trash anyone and commit these hate crimes.These kind of crimes don't make things any better and don't solve immigration problems.Everyone is human and needs to be respected as a human being.Legal or not legal these are human lives.Let's let the proper authorities deal with this instead of taking the law into our own hands.I just recently ran into an a-hole that thought i did not understand english at a lowe's store and made some comments about my family.I requested a manager and complained and within a week he was gone.These are the things my family has to deal with on a daily basis.We live like everybody else we pay taxes, work full time, struggle to pay a mortgage and make ends meet.I don't need some punk working at a lowe's store chasing carriages in the parking lot passing judgement on my family! Toxic people come in all races and colors.
Sorry, but I digress. Please speak for yourself and leave ME out of your "us" analogies. You would better serve yourselves if all of you that are legal citizens/residents form your own movement and ban together and DENOUNCE all of the marches, inciteful racist individuals (especially hispanic politicians i.e. Luis Guiterrez, Villaragoisa, et al) and groups (aka LaRaza, LuLac, Mecha, etc) and publicly announce that you do not support illegal immigration and that none of said politicians speak for LEGAL HISPANICS/IMMIGRANTS.

Additionally, many of those of your ethnicity harboring illegal alien family members and friends have brought the heat into the lives of all of you as well.

While I know it is unfair for those of you who are citizens or here legally to have to put up with acts of violence and hatred, until you denounce the source of the problem, as the economy tanks and jobs are lost, unfortunately, the ignorance, anger and hostility towards all things hispanic is only going to escalate. Take it from someone who survived the civil rights movement in one piece, it's about to get really ugly.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sorry, but I digress. Please speak for yourself and leave ME out of your "us" analogies. You would better serve yourselves if all of you that are legal citizens/residents form your own movement and ban together and DENOUNCE all of the marches, inciteful racist individuals (especially hispanic politicians i.e. Luis Guiterrez, Villaragoisa, et al) and groups (aka LaRaza, LuLac, Mecha, etc) and publicly announce that you do not support illegal immigration and that none of said politicians speak for LEGAL HISPANICS/IMMIGRANTS.

Additionally, many of those of your ethnicity harboring illegal alien family members and friends have brought the heat into the lives of all of you as well.

While I know it is unfair for those of you who are citizens or here legally to have to put up with acts of violence and hatred, until you denounce the source of the problem, as the economy tanks and jobs are lost, unfortunately, the ignorance, anger and hostility towards all things hispanic is only going to escalate. Take it from someone who survived the civil rights movement in one piece, it's about to get really ugly.
Yet another post worthy of the hall of fame...

Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
I respect you for your post and at least you can make some sense out this immigration issue.As far as the government goes they cover every that has to do with them not doing their job.Society is too stupid to realize that immigration is getting out of control beacuse our government is doing nothing about it.But we turn around and ignore the government and blame the immigrants.I don't have any pity for our government our country has gone down the tubes with the current president and we are in a massive hole right now.Middle class like me are the ones to struggle.The ones on welfare and the rich are all set while we spend trillions on a stupid war and worry about saddam's nephew.Meanwhile we sit here and forget the root of the problem which is our government and trash people that are being allowed to come into this country.Let's get it through our thick heads it's the government's fault for dropping the ball on immigration.Most people given the chance to come here and have a better life are going to jump at the opportunity it's our government's responsability to not play with our tax money.
The problem is not 1 dimensional..... Most pick a dimension to blame.
I blame Illegals for committing the crime of entering illegally. If I had my way they would be stripped of all their ill begotten assets and deported.
If I had my way employers of illegals right down to those who hire illegals as a nanny would have their assets confiscated also.
I blame those who facilitate and support. That includes the sanctuary cities and the ever popular church that gets tax free status but insists on trying to change laws.
The gov owns a share of blame. But make no mistake only a share.
I blame the illegals, the employers and the landlords the most.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

JDubs: I hope to God you are wrong about the Civil Rights Movement news reels of another era being played in reverse.

Suffice to say: knowing the future can oftentimes change it. The ball is in the American 'Hispanic' community's court now...........either they cast the (mostly Hispanic) illegals out or face the consequences.

I too fear for any individual of any race/ethnicity who looks stereotypically Latino and/or has a Spanish sounding surname if things turn ugly.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
This article is over 3years old.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The problem is not 1 dimensional..... Most pick a dimension to blame.
I blame Illegals for committing the crime of entering illegally. If I had my way they would be stripped of all their ill begotten assets and deported.
If I had my way employers of illegals right down to those who hire illegals as a nanny would have their assets confiscated also.
I blame those who facilitate and support. That includes the sanctuary cities and the ever popular church that gets tax free status but insists on trying to change laws.
The gov owns a share of blame. But make no mistake only a share.
I blame the illegals, the employers and the landlords the most.
Excellent remedy to rid ourselves of all things illegal alien. Well stated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration