U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:25 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,014,707 times

Advertisements

Common reverse phsycology. Thats what it seems like to me. Make an example of anyone who isnt for this tradgic story and label them white supremacists or rednecks or whatever other label you can come up with. It seems like a hatred for white people. Even though the people casting stones are probably generalizing and being racist. Did a white person do anything to them personally?

How many white people do you see running around beating or shooting these illegal aliens? On the contrary how many do you see employing them or renting houses or apartments to them?

The bottomline is you do what you can do to help but dont overstep your boundaries. The US cant take all of Mexico's poor and hopeful. There are plenty of poor Americans who fill hard jobs all over the US. The areas where they cant are rich areas where wealthly and spoiled folks are out of touch with reality and think that what they see is the same everywhere.

I know first hand as I worked with all Mexicans crews in contruction. Not once did I ever wrong any of them or treat them badly. But they stole my tools and my dads equipment even though he gave them all good paying jobs. I even picked up their slack and showe them how lazy Americans can be. While they were off in the porta-potty I was stocking six and seven off them like John Henry. In fact they would tell me to slow down and try to milk it as much as possible. Thats my experience in a nutshell.

The US is facing a problem with illegals for many different reasons. Its like the US has tried to help as much as possible and just gotten slapped in the face for lending a hand.

I know they just want a better home like everyone else. But how is the US supposed to keep this up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 07:04 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Common reverse phsycology. Thats what it seems like to me. Make an example of anyone who isnt for this tradgic story and label them white supremacists or rednecks or whatever other label you can come up with. It seems like a hatred for white people. Even though the people casting stones are probably generalizing and being racist. Did a white person do anything to them personally?

How many white people do you see running around beating or shooting these illegal aliens? On the contrary how many do you see employing them or renting houses or apartments to them?

The bottomline is you do what you can do to help but dont overstep your boundaries. The US cant take all of Mexico's poor and hopeful. There are plenty of poor Americans who fill hard jobs all over the US. The areas where they cant are rich areas where wealthly and spoiled folks are out of touch with reality and think that what they see is the same everywhere.

I know first hand as I worked with all Mexicans crews in contruction. Not once did I ever wrong any of them or treat them badly. But they stole my tools and my dads equipment even though he gave them all good paying jobs. I even picked up their slack and showe them how lazy Americans can be. While they were off in the porta-potty I was stocking six and seven off them like John Henry. In fact they would tell me to slow down and try to milk it as much as possible. Thats my experience in a nutshell.

The US is facing a problem with illegals for many different reasons. Its like the US has tried to help as much as possible and just gotten slapped in the face for lending a hand.

I know they just want a better home like everyone else. But how is the US supposed to keep this up?

My husband and I too are in construction, we have had the exact same experience with them as you. Stolen tools and materials, telling us to milk it. 10 Breaks in three hours, porta potty visits that would shame a pregnant woman. Slow response to directions if any at all, and arguments with my husband (who is the PM and has to work with them due to the subs hiring them) Name calling, which we dont lower ourselves to do. So this work harder than we do is just BS.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,337,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
There are plenty of poor Americans who fill hard jobs all over the US. The areas where they cant are rich areas where wealthly and spoiled folks are out of touch with reality and think that what they see is the same everywhere.

Didn't you write on another thread that your bedroom is a storage shed, you are not working and your family is supported in part through your sister's food stamps?

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it's hard to give much cred to posts such as these when you are sucking off the government rather than getting a job to support your family.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:46 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
My husband and I too are in construction, we have had the exact same experience with them as you. Stolen tools and materials, telling us to milk it. 10 Breaks in three hours, porta potty visits that would shame a pregnant woman. Slow response to directions if any at all, and arguments with my husband (who is the PM and has to work with them due to the subs hiring them) Name calling, which we dont lower ourselves to do. So this work harder than we do is just BS.
I didn't work in construction but I worked in manufacturing with a lot of hispanics. The good workers are very very good workers. The bad workers are bad, just like the bad white workers are. It's impossible to generalize and say either one is all good or all bad.

We paid machine operators exceptionally well. The hispanic machine operators would put in long hard days with few breaks and never complain. Most of them were glad to get the money. We hired several white machine operators too -- one spent tons of time in the bathroom (doing drugs, we later found out). Another one only lasted until dinner time on Fridays, then he would disappear (had to go out and party with his friends). Another one lasted about 6 months then claimed disability which lead to permanent disability (worker's comp claim). One older white guy, from the South no less, busted his *ss working with the hispanics and they all grew to love him.

So, you just can't generalize and say any one group is ALL good or ALL bad.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:22 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I didn't work in construction but I worked in manufacturing with a lot of hispanics. The good workers are very very good workers. The bad workers are bad, just like the bad white workers are. It's impossible to generalize and say either one is all good or all bad.

We paid machine operators exceptionally well. The hispanic machine operators would put in long hard days with few breaks and never complain. Most of them were glad to get the money. We hired several white machine operators too -- one spent tons of time in the bathroom (doing drugs, we later found out). Another one only lasted until dinner time on Fridays, then he would disappear (had to go out and party with his friends). Another one lasted about 6 months then claimed disability which lead to permanent disability (worker's comp claim). One older white guy, from the South no less, busted his *ss working with the hispanics and they all grew to love him.

So, you just can't generalize and say any one group is ALL good or ALL bad.

When did I say they were all good or all bad? All the illegal ones I have met have fallen into the bad catagory. but then again, why should I have to deal with illegals at all. They shouldnt be here. And dont ramble on about them being poor, I already posted some horrifing photos of true poor americans on another thread., the ones that should be recieving our help. There are lazy white folks, but people dont seem to have a problem generalizing us by saying we wont do the work. Not all of us our lazy.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:04 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
When did I say they were all good or all bad? All the illegal ones I have met have fallen into the bad catagory. but then again, why should I have to deal with illegals at all. They shouldnt be here. And dont ramble on about them being poor, I already posted some horrifing photos of true poor americans on another thread., the ones that should be recieving our help. There are lazy white folks, but people dont seem to have a problem generalizing us by saying we wont do the work. Not all of us our lazy.
You've lost me now... Why are you hiring illegals if your experiences with them have been so terrible?

The original poster said nothing about illegals either. He said:
Quote:
I don't know where illegals came into this discussion.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Didn't you write on another thread that your bedroom is a storage shed, you are not working and your family is supported in part through your sister's food stamps?

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it's hard to give much cred to posts such as these when you are sucking off the government rather than getting a job to support your family.
Wow, what planet are you on? U.S. citizens are entitled to food stamps when working part time or looking for a job. Most know by now that illegals and those who got amnesty have lowered the wages paid by employers for all lower paying jobs including some middle class jobs, and raised the cost of living putting many out on the street. In ca. only 11% or so can afford any house now. People are bringing home only half the pay it takes to get a cheap 1 bd. apartment in S. Calif. Live and learn.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,358 times
i like mexicans they are nice hard working people

Old 02-25-2009, 12:22 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,844,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Wow, what planet are you on? U.S. citizens are entitled to food stamps when working part time or looking for a job. Most know by now that illegals and those who got amnesty have lowered the wages paid by employers for all lower paying jobs including some middle class jobs, and raised the cost of living putting many out on the street. In ca. only 11% or so can afford any house now. People are bringing home only half the pay it takes to get a cheap 1 bd. apartment in S. Calif. Live and learn.
That is not because of Illegal Mexicans, who make our lives cheaper by making it a lot more cost-effective to buy produce and to build apartments. The problem is the inflation of wages for the upper and upper-middle classes while the lower-middle class and lower classes have seen their wages decrease in relation to inflation. In 1950, a college graduate would be able to buy a home within 5 years WHILE supporting a wife and two kids who did not contribute to the family economy. Now, there really is no chance unless that person is absolutely exceptional or comes from money.

When the average CEO pay increases far more than their worker, that's when the costs of housing inflate and when the average American person cannot afford a home. Plus, the prices were inflated by flipping, which has caused a lot of homes to be way overpriced, and the resulting correction has thrown many into bankruptcy because of their moronic "investments". That's why we can't afford to buy homes...not because of Illegal Mexicans, but because of greedy Americans.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
That is not because of Illegal Mexicans, who make our lives cheaper by making it a lot more cost-effective to buy produce and to build apartments. The problem is the inflation of wages for the upper and upper-middle classes while the lower-middle class and lower classes have seen their wages decrease in relation to inflation. In 1950, a college graduate would be able to buy a home within 5 years WHILE supporting a wife and two kids who did not contribute to the family economy. Now, there really is no chance unless that person is absolutely exceptional or comes from money.

When the average CEO pay increases far more than their worker, that's when the costs of housing inflate and when the average American person cannot afford a home. Plus, the prices were inflated by flipping, which has caused a lot of homes to be way overpriced, and the resulting correction has thrown many into bankruptcy because of their moronic "investments". That's why we can't afford to buy homes...not because of Illegal Mexicans, but because of greedy Americans.
Well, it has been seventeen years BUT my dh and I bought our first house prior to our second anniversary, had our daughter a few months after that and my dh had only been out of college for 2 years. Plus he had no college loans as he had belonged to the Air National Guard to pay for it. We occassionally had to sell our plasma to make it work, but make it work we did. As are others.

Secondly, the big mean rich CEOs are certainly becoming epic in their scare potential lately. Worse even then Bush's terrorists.
The simple fact is that the CEOs - greedy bastards though they may be - did not destroy our economy singlehandedly. They had help with from our corrupt politicians of both parties who colluded with big businesses to bring in (or at the very least look the other way) millions of illegal immigrants. In other words, they imported cheap labor. Who benefited from that? Do you really think that you and I did?
No.
Businesses owners reaped larger profits since they paid crap and often no benefits to the illegals. The politicians profitted in the way all politicians profit and the illegals themselves are either too stupid or too greedy to realize how badly they are getting shafted. And of course we cannot overlook the help this movement gained from kindhearted fools who thought by welcoming in illegals they would be saving the world. They either didnot know or didnot care it was at the expense of the american worker.
Who did get screwed mightily in the perfect storm of greed was the American blue collar labor. Their jobs were taken away by the illegal. Sure, they could apply for the same job, but were they willing to make thirdworld pay for it? Should they have? No and no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or