U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 PM

968 posts, read 1,180,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have just documented you for calling me a racist. And, you have been reported as well.
That is funny as I didnt call YOU a racist I said many people in this forum are, you cant deny that. LOL. Now stop trying to put words in my mouth for two post now.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are playing the race card. And just because "your" people did not have laws regarding immigration and believed in open borders does not mean we should make the same mistake.
WHAT!! again a huge LOL

No I am not playing the race card I am talking about people having come here illegally and invaded other peoples land, making America. Are you being racist as an American, by saying people from Mexico shouldnt come here illegally? No. Same thing. And no not all tribes believed in open borders at all ! Absolutely not, that is why we had war with the settlers and the genocide and displacement of native americans happened.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
chasingclouds wrote:

irrelivent to this issue.

No immigration laws were in place at that time. That's History. We're talking about TODAY!
wrong--- tribal people had laws in which the white man did not follow.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
WHAT!! again a huge LOL

No I am not playing the race card I am talking about people having come here illegally and invaded other peoples land, making America. Are you being racist as an American, by saying people from Mexico shouldnt come here illegally? No. Same thing. And no not all tribal believed in open borders at all ! Definalty not, that is why we had war with the settlers and the genocide and displacement of native americans happened.
It's stupid to think any of us can do anything about what people did 300 years ago or more. But -- just because your ancestors allowed your "country" (which wasn't a country at all) to be overrun and they did not see the danger to themselves in unlimited immigration doesn't mean we should not realize the same can happen to us.

What happened to the Native Americans/Indians/ or whatever they're supposed to be called now, proves that when unlimited numbers come there is a danger to the existing culture and people, and that all massive migrations are not about immigration but about take-over. Just like today, the "La Raza" immigrants do not intend to learn our language, our ways, our culture.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Exactly. They were no more "immigrants" than the large numbers coming over right now from Mexico are.

Immigrants are those who abide by the laws, want to learn the language and adapt to the existing culture.

You're making exactly our point -- we will be herded onto reservations too. History repeats itself - over and over and over. This is another conquest of this land, only it's Americans that are in danger of it.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The fact of the matter is, none of this wouldn't have happened it they hadn't crossed the border illegally in the first place.

If you can't handle the truth!...Hasta la vista ...baby.
I was ONLY commenting on peoples attitude towards other human beings, saying its Karma and they are sexual deviants.. and all other many of rude, horrible things said about them in post (not just this one) in this forum. It's uncalled for to be mean to people and have an uppity attitude like they have never had play in the same thing, when America and their kin did do the same thing. You can hate people do not follow a law, but to have such a rancid attitude towards other humans, is really evil.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 PM

I feel very much like the Native-American/Indians of the past. Daily I'm told that I'd better learn Spanish or else. I'm seeing the flag of another nation planted everywhere. People arriving in large numbers that really don't like us much at all, and who admit they want to keep their own culture and language, that it's us who must adapt to them. They believe they have a racial right to break any laws of this nation that don't suit them.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I feel very much like the Native-American/Indians of the past. Daily I'm told that I'd better learn Spanish or else. I'm seeing the flag of another nation planted everywhere. People arriving in large numbers that really don't like us much at all, and who admit they want to keep their own culture and language, that it's us who must adapt to them. They believe they have a racial right to break any laws of this nation that don't suit them.
My husband had to learn spanish to keep a job and he is still overlooked for non English speaking people in my area. I know it is frustrating.. I am not saying it isnt but I refuse to be mean and hateful to people such as I have read people saying in this forum. There is too much hate against these people to the point that people who come here legally and do try to learn English are being killed because of this hatred. Enough is enough.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,422,327 times
Chasing Cloud is right. There were many nasty and rude comments here that make it appear that there is no productive discussion going on at all, rather people making hateful statements and snide remarks.

It is tiring entering some of these immigration forums where frequently the deck seems to always be stacked against the immigrant, legal or illegal. If they are illegal, they are vilified, if they are legal, they are probably not assimilating fast enough.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,209,773 times
Quote:
No matter what may have happened centuries ago, that does not justify
or exonerate illegal immigrant,( of any color or race) for breaking the US Constitutional Laws of today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or