U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 PM

2,905 posts, read 6,419,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have just documented you for calling me a racist. And, you have been reported as well.
I didn't read that this person called you a racist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I feel very much like the Native-American/Indians of the past. Daily I'm told that I'd better learn Spanish or else. I'm seeing the flag of another nation planted everywhere. People arriving in large numbers that really don't like us much at all, and who admit they want to keep their own culture and language, that it's us who must adapt to them. They believe they have a racial right to break any laws of this nation that don't suit them.
If I told you how many times a day I see the Puerto Rican flag you wouldn't believe it, and they are completely legal Americans, some of whom come to our states and don't speak English, and never learn to speak English. Even if they don't though, surely their kids do.

And the only Mexicans I know speak English and have jobs. (Or are learning to speak English)

The behavior of some is not indicative of the behavior of all.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 PM

968 posts, read 1,180,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
No matter what may have happened centuries ago, does not justify
or exonerate the illegal immigrant, for breaking the Constitutional Laws of today.
I did not say it did at all. I said no one should have a mean horrible attitude towards these people as america as a whole did the same thing. People saying such evil things that have been said here-- come down off your high horse and ditch the hatred. dislike the law being broke not the people otherwise youre being a huge hypocrite.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's stupid to think any of us can do anything about what people did 300 years ago or more. But -- just because your ancestors allowed your "country" (which wasn't a country at all) to be overrun and they did not see the danger to themselves in unlimited immigration doesn't mean we should not realize the same can happen to us.

What happened to the Native Americans/Indians/ or whatever they're supposed to be called now, proves that when unlimited numbers come there is a danger to the existing culture and people, and that all massive migrations are not about immigration but about take-over. Just like today, the "La Raza" immigrants do not intend to learn our language, our ways, our culture.
If you think Native Americans stopped losing their lands 300 years ago, you are really uninformed.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
I was ONLY commenting on peoples attitude towards other human beings, saying its Karma and they are sexual deviants.. and all other many of rude, horrible things said about them in post (not just this one) in this forum. It's uncalled for to be mean to people and have an uppity attitude like they have never had play in the same thing, when America and their kin did do the same thing. You can hate people do not follow a law, but to have such a rancid attitude towards other humans, is really evil.
Let me clue you in on something. There are several people on this forum who have lost family members and close friends by Rape, DUI, Hit-n-Runs, gang violence, and more, and they were all found to be illegals immigrants. All of these murders could have been prevented if the illegals never came here illegaly in the first place.
Plenty of us have a right to be pissed off.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Let me clue you in on something. There are several people on this forum who have lost family members and close friends by Rape, DUI, Hit-n-Runs, gang violence, and more, and they were all found to be illegals immigrants. All of these murders could have been prevented if the illegals never came here illegaly in the first place.
Plenty of us have a right to be pissed off.
And I lost my father to a white man with a gun. Should I hate ALL white men because one killed my father? NO.
Do I think guns should be out-lawed? No... but if we didnt have them or white people.. my father would be alive.

And again I am not for people breaking the law, I am against this HATRED being spewed about other humans.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Clouds concerns if I understand her correctly is that we potentially are hating on people and dehumanizing them. This thread takes a bit to get used to because many of us are very direct blunt speakers.
Cloud none of us hate illegals or wish them harm. What we hate is there actions and blatant disregard of our laws, our rights as a sovreign nation and the disrespect they show we the people of the United States of America.
That is what causes most of us the heart burn with illegals.

Last edited by tinman01; 11-18-2008 at 08:24 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I didn't read that this person called you a racist....

If I told you how many times a day I see the Puerto Rican flag you wouldn't believe it, and they are completely legal Americans, some of whom come to our states and don't speak English, and never learn to speak English. Even if they don't though, surely their kids do.

And the only Mexicans I know speak English and have jobs. (Or are learning to speak English)

The behavior of some is not indicative of the behavior of all.
Puerto Ricans are legal. No one is claiming otherwise but all the people of Haiti, Mexico, Guatemala, Romania, Italy, Greece, Ethiopia, China, France, Honduras, India, Cambodia, Pakistan, Sweden, and on and on are not. They should ALL be expected to abide by our immigration laws.

And the USA takes in BY FAR more legal immigrants than does any other nation on earth. Mexicans should be expected to follow the laws just like everyone else should.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Clouds concerns if I understand her correctly is that we potentially are hating on people and dehumanizing them. This thread takes a bit to get used to because many of us are very direct blunt speakers.
Cloud none of us hate illegals or wish them harm. What we hate is theur actions and blatant disregard of our laws, our rights as a sovreign nation and the disrespect they show we the people of the United States of America.
That is what causes most of us the heart burn with illegals.
And I dont disagree with any of those concerns at all. I disagree with people saying such things as its Karma that a little girl was lost, my god she could have died!! How utterly rude and mean. Then the other person said mexicans are sexual deviants.. that is just not called for!

In other threads in this forum I have heard the most evil racist things said also.. No one in America has the right to HATE anyone like that when America is a nation that DID THE SAME THING!!

Again I am not for people breaking the law but indeed people seem to be demonizing immigrants legal and not legal here. Totally uncalled for.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 PM

Also -- most of us believe that Americans should abide by the laws of other nations they either visit or emigrate into.

What happens when an American is found illegally in Mexico? We are returned home to the USA. That's the same thing that should happen to people found illegally in ours, they need to be returned home.

Mexico doesn't hand you a visa, or give it's citizenship as a reward for breaking it's laws. No -- when Americans go into Mexico they are expected to respect it's laws.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
And I dont disagree with any of those concerns at all. I disagree with people saying such things as its Karma that a little girl was lost, my god she could have died!! How utterly rude and mean. Then the other person said mexicans are sexual deviants.. that is just not called for!

In other threads in this forum I have heard the most evil racist things said also.. No one in America has the right to HATE anyone like that when America is a nation that DID THE SAME THING!!

Again I am not for people breaking the law but indeed people seem to be demonizing immigrants legal an not legal here. Totally uncalled for.

Alright I am leaving this thread, for anymore mean people trying to flame and bbq me for not hating with you, maybe you need to think about your OWN Karma.

The parents are the ones who risked their little girl's life. The love of money and material items were more important to them than her safety.

These people put their own young children in serious danger, they expose them to violent criminals -- and for what? Just because they want an easy life, more money? That isn't love, that's not being a good parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or