U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:31 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Sorry but what reality do you live in? Most americans don't give a damn about the person he picks to head the homeland security.

Once again, the anti-immigrant movement has a lot of bark but no bite. The 2006 and 2008 elections are proof of that.

Obama team names policy group leaders - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081119/pl_politico/15781;_ylt=AsSUX5EqONim4A4WwMf6r0lsnwcF - broken link)

I don't know how you can say anti illegal immigration groups (didn't think anyone would notice, did you?) haven't had an impact. After all, how many times have illegal immigration reform (which is a nicer way of saying amnesty for illegals) come up only to be voted down?

Obama like Bush before him, is owned by the illegal immigration lobby and will kowtow to them for delivering the votes. Who is surprised by this? But it doesn't mean that we will surrender....no, it just means we need to be more vigilant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:32 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,246,246 times
The illegal immagration problem is one that just grows under the surface.It is a explosive problem that will harm any president that tries to do anyhting that has to do with amnesty since the last one .We saw that in the last bill that wqas pushed by so many of teh leaders in both parties.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As we have all said. Its just that some posters struggle with the concept that there is a difference between a legal immigrant and an Illegal immigrant. I wonder if they struggle with a legal withdrawl from a bank and an illegal withdrawl from a bank at gunpoint?
I am starting to wonder as well............the fantasy world that the pro illegal crowd lives in is pathetic----------at best.

Consider that virtually all illegals tend to have a child like view of the world where right and wrong are concerned---------and, that mentality is passed down to their children AKA DREAMies/Anchor Babies.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:38 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know how you can say anti illegal immigration groups (didn't think anyone would notice, did you?) haven't had an impact. After all, how many times have illegal immigration reform (which is a nicer way of saying amnesty for illegals) come up only to be voted down?

Obama like Bush before him, is owned by the illegal immigration lobby and will kowtow to them for delivering the votes. Who is surprised by this? But it doesn't mean that we will surrender....no, it just means we need to be more vigilant.
camping!:

Most of the pro illegal fans are still in denial that they will be punished for their insolence..........the 'tipping point' has been reached in American (and Spanish, etc) society where our tolerance is concerned.

More and more: I have to agree with JDubsMom that most of the pro illegal posters here on City Data are either the children of illegals or are that way themselves.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:

Do you mean to tell me there is no such thing as an anti-immigrant sentiment out there? I don't know why some posters get all riled up when i refer to the anti-immigrant crowd. If you believe that label doesn't apply to you, then there is no need to be "upset" over it.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
camping!:

Most of the pro illegal fans are still in denial that they will be punished for their insolence..........the 'tipping point' has been reached in American (and Spanish, etc) society where our tolerance is concerned.

More and more: I have to agree with JDubsMom that most of the pro illegal posters here on City Data are either the children of illegals or are that way themselves.
Do you see the irony here? Without any proof, you refer to those with opposing views as illegals or children of illegals.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you mean to tell me there is no such thing as an anti-immigrant sentiment out there? I don't know why some posters get all riled up when i refer to the anti-immigrant crowd. If you believe that label doesn't apply to you, then there is no need to be "upset" over it.
Yes, of course there are people who are anti immigrant in the broad sense...and really, that is based in racism or xenophobia. Just as there were people who didn't vote for Obama because he's black.

But, to be against illegal immigration is not the same. At all. And that is what we were discussing in this thread, so for you throwthe term 'anti-immigrant' in the mix....well, I can only assume you were trying to shame people into your way of thinking.

I also think it is entirely possibly to be against immigration as well without being xenophobic or racist. I would like to see a moratorium on all immigration until we can impose a fairer system. Right now, it is bloated with duplicate beurocratic nonsense. I would like to see more work visas granted as it seems a lot of the illegals would be happier to be able to cross and recross the border legally and safely and still maintain loyalties to SOB.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Knight what did the 2006 2008 elections have to do with immigration? That was a topic both parties pretty much avoided at all costs.
Agreed. Unfortunately for all of them the ethnocentrists with illegal alien friends and family primarily from SOB are pushing the issue to the forefront and once again demanding rights for people who have no right to be here and who need to return to their respective cesspools and demand their rights from their own damn government.

As the economy tanks, blacknight and others are going to find out what the majority of Americans really want done to those here illegally.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:

ITA. Actions always speak louder than words.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am starting to wonder as well............the fantasy world that the pro illegal crowd lives in is pathetic----------at best.

Consider that virtually all illegals tend to have a child like view of the world where right and wrong are concerned---------and, that mentality is passed down to their children AKA DREAMies/Anchor Babies.

Dead on Bear! They are like children who are begging for candy and no matter how many times the answer comes back no, they continue to pursue the issue as if there is a magic number of times to ask in order to change the outcome or the answer. One can only assume that their desperation and low self esteem will not allow them to face the reality that just like Mexico and the other cesspools don't want them, we don't want them either.

What is part of ILLEGAL and NO don't they get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or