Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

About 95 percent of the immigration cases, though, require the services of Spanish language translators. The shortage has forced courts to hire the services of freelance interpreters who may not be qualified to do the job and may adversely affect the results of the court cases.

Federal certified or qualified court interpreters make $376 a day, while freelancers and uncertified translators are paid only $181 daily, according to the Administrative Office of U.S. Courts.

Meanwhile, political observers are waiting who will be appointed by President-elect Barack Obama as Homeland Security Secretary, who will take charge of how to solve the country's continuously growing illegal immigration problem. The new secretary will be in charge of a $40 billion budget and 200,000 employees who are trying to run after millions of undocumented aliens in the U.S.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013109491

Nothing more than perpetually criminal beasts of burden. Is it any wonder they have been given maps and driven across our borders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 12:19 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
It will be interesting -- and telling -- who Obama picks to be in charge of homeland security.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It will be interesting -- and telling -- who Obama picks to be in charge of homeland security.
Indeed it will be. I know one thing, if he's thinking of bowing to the pressure of the IA ethnocentric racists, he'd better be prepared for uncontrollable anger, race riots, murders and looting reminiscent of the civil rights era. The clock with the time bomb attached is ticking louder every day.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
I keep hearing rumors of a postion for Mccain -- do you think this would be it?
If so, I think that is a very clear message to us that we need to get on the ball and be aware of any and all legislation that will put forth during the next 4 years.

I hope you are wrong about riots or any type of civil unrest.....but I do get the feeling that the worst is just around the corner, and unlike our grandparents we do not have the knowledge or strength to withstand a prolonged depression. I hope it doesn't come to pass, but damnit our representatives need to learn that they are suppossed to represent US and not a feel good global agenda.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I keep hearing rumors of a postion for Mccain -- do you think this would be it?
If so, I think that is a very clear message to us that we need to get on the ball and be aware of any and all legislation that will put forth during the next 4 years.

I hope you are wrong about riots or any type of civil unrest.....but I do get the feeling that the worst is just around the corner, and unlike our grandparents we do not have the knowledge or strength to withstand a prolonged depression. I hope it doesn't come to pass, but damnit our representatives need to learn that they are suppossed to represent US and not a feel good global agenda.
The greed and bowing to pressure in the name of appeasing big business and special interest groups is what started the ball rolling. You would have to be blind and stupid in order not to see that the globalization scheme is the largest contributor to the current economic crisis.

Bill Clinton started the ball rolling with the signing of NAFTA. The current idiot continued down the path by leaving the borders wide open, secretly signing additional trade deals and attending secret meetings behind closed doors in the hopes of sealing the deal of the North American Union. The only thing that stopped their fulfillment of this scheme was being exposed by the media, which in turn alerted Americans who in turn began the campaign that stopped them.

Do I think it's permanently off the table: Absolutely not. While the tanking of global economies will slow the momentum, I find it suspicious that only the largest financial institutions and AIG were immediately and systematically bailed out, yet GM and homeowners facing foreclosure will be allowed to go under.

As for illegal immigration: There is no reason for them to give millions of ignorant, poverty stricken criminals citizenship since they can no longer falsely claim to be doing the jobs Americans won't do. Unless they consider raping, robbing, drunk driving, child molestation, murder and other crimes should be continued to be pepertrated exclusively by illegal aliens en mass.

Interesting times indeed . . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-19-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Indeed it will be. I know one thing, if he's thinking of bowing to the pressure of the IA ethnocentric racists, he'd better be prepared for uncontrollable anger, race riots, murders and looting reminiscent of the civil rights era. The clock with the time bomb attached is ticking louder every day.

:insert rolling smiley face:

yes riots and all that!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Sorry but what reality do you live in? Most americans don't give a damn about the person he picks to head the homeland security.

Once again, the anti-immigrant movement has a lot of bark but no bite. The 2006 and 2008 elections are proof of that.

Quote:
The focus of the Policy Working Groups will be to develop the priority policy proposals and plans from the Obama Campaign for action during the Obama-Biden Administration. The Policy Working Groups will focus on the following areas: Economy, Education, Energy and Environment, Health Care, Immigration, National Security, and Technology, Innovation and Government Reform.

Immigration: T. Alexander Aleinikoff, Mariano-Florentino (Tino) Cuéllar
Obama team names policy group leaders - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081119/pl_politico/15781;_ylt=AsSUX5EqONim4A4WwMf6r0lsnwcF - broken link)

Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Sorry but what reality do you live in? Most americans don't give a damn about the person he picks to head the homeland security.

Once again, the anti-immigrant movement has a lot of bark but no bite. The 2006 and 2008 elections are proof of that.

Obama team names policy group leaders - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081119/pl_politico/15781;_ylt=AsSUX5EqONim4A4WwMf6r0lsnwcF - broken link)
Knight what did the 2006 2008 elections have to do with immigration? That was a topic both parties pretty much avoided at all costs.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Again: blacknight04; we are anti illegal immigrant............you can say that if you really try

Legal immigrants who played by the rules are welcome here.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: blacknight04; we are anti illegal immigrant............you can say that if you really try

Legal immigrants who played by the rules are welcome here.
As we have all said. Its just that some posters struggle with the concept that there is a difference between a legal immigrant and an Illegal immigrant. I wonder if they struggle with a legal withdrawl from a bank and an illegal withdrawl from a bank at gunpoint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration