Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:02 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The corporate asshats forcing us to press 2 for English BS bares a huge responsibility for the arrogant demands of the spanish speaking asshats in this country illegally.

It's way past time to declare a moratorium on ALL immigration until we can figure out who the hell is here illegally and get rid of them. Those with anchors should be deported and forced to take their anchors with them unless they have a family member or someone else who is willing to PAY ALL OF THEIR EXPENSES and provide care without ANY assistance from our tax dollars until that minor reaches the age of 18. The 14th Amendment should be abolished, back dated effective 1986. Any children born to 2 illegal aliens parents should be declared a citizen of the parents' country of origin. Chain migration should be abolished effective immediately.

Legal immigration should not resume until our needs are reassessed, and unless Americans are given preferential treatment to fill whatever jobs become available.
Illegals that don't have relatives here to support them can have a volunteer base of illegal supporters who will get assigned to pay for those they want here. That way all of us taxpayers won't be on the hook for expenses we don't want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 11:03 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,111 times
Quote:
I don't care how many different FOREIGN languages you hear in public, this is the US of America and English is our primary language. Nor does it change the fact that it's rude, disrespectful, arrogant and ignorant or that the majority of Americans are annoyed by it as well.

As far as your travels, on second thought it's probably best that you stick to visiting latino populated, spanish speaking places, that way you don't look so suspect when la migra is present.
The US always had other languages spoken in public. States like Hawaii, Louisiana, and New Mexico traditionally have two official languages. If you think only illegal hispanics speak spanish, well think again, legal hispanics speak spanish in public too, and also non-hispanics speak their native language.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:13 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
The US always had other languages spoken in public. States like Hawaii, Louisiana, and New Mexico traditionally have two official languages.
I don't know how long you've been here but it is obvious that you are very young and are utterly clueless with regards to the criteria for LEGAL immigration to the US. Being able to speak and understand English is a long ago established criteria for LEGALLY immigrating to the US.

Then again, the key word: LEGAL

Additionally, there are NO declarations of official language in any part of the US. Those of us behind the scenes are however, working on legally changing that travesty, so that English becomes the ONLY OFFICIAL language of the US.

Despite the fact that I kid you a lot because I genuinely like you, the more you post the more obvious it becomes that you like so many others on your side of this issue know very little about America or its laws past or present. You really need to do your homework young guns.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-23-2008 at 11:23 AM..

Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
let's see some fact based statistics. Other wise, you've twisted this right off topic.
Here you go. Top languages in the world

List of languages by number of native speakers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I don't know how long you've been here but it is obvious that you are very young and are utterly clueless with regards to the criteria for LEGAL immigration to the US. Being able to speak and understand English is a long ago established criteria for LEGALLY immigrating to the US.

Then again, the key word: LEGAL

Additionally, there are NO declarations of official language in any part of the US. Those of us behind the scenes are however, working on legally changing that travesty, so that English becomes the ONLY OFFICIAL language of the US.

Despite the fact that I kid you a lot because I genuinely like you, the more you post the more obvious it becomes that you like so many others on your side of this issue know very little about America or its laws past or present. You really need to do your homework young guns.
Ok I was wrong about New Mexico, but the official languages in Hawaii are English & Hawaiian. The de facto languages in Lousiana are English & French. I did my homework.

Louisiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Ok I was wrong about New Mexico, but the official languages in Hawaii are English & Hawaiian. The de facto languages in Lousiana are English & French. I did my homework.

Louisiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hawaii - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Come on young guns on opposite sides of the issue

Wikipedia is great for posting pictures, but it is by no means a reliable source as confirmation of accurate information.

Just ask any of the DREAMies who troll around this board on a regular basis. They can confirm that Wiki contents can be edited/manipulated and construed to state anything you wish it to reflect, practically about anything.

Google Wikipedia and view the lopsided deception/sob stories of the illegal aliens praying for the passage of the "DREAMAct".

Old 11-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Come on young guns on opposite sides of the issue

Wikipedia is great for posting pictures, but it is by no means a reliable source as confirmation of accurate information.

Just ask any of the DREAMies who troll around this board on a regular basis. They can confirm that Wiki contents can be edited/manipulated and construed to state anything you wish it to reflect, practically about anything.

Google Wikipedia and view the lopsided deception/sob stories of the illegal aliens praying for the passage of the "DREAMAct".
Look at this following information.

http://www..proenglish.org/states/hawaii.htm

http://hawaii.gov/Irb/con/conart15.html (broken link)

Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,425,495 times
Quote:
Wiki is not a fact based site. Besides this isn't proof of anything. Get back to the issue of this topic. "More Blacks may favor English".

Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Look at this following information.

http://www..proenglish.org/states/hawaii.htm

http://hawaii.gov/Irb/con/conart15.html (broken link)
The first link didn't work. I thought you might be interested in this one it pretty much consolidates all of our discussion re: languages in the US.

Quote:
This brings another point: Why is the U.S., an English-speaking country (or so you think), catering not only to the Spanish language, but to many others that you don’t even know about? Because the U.S. as a nation has never declared an official language. Many people have tried it with no success. In 1780, John Adams proposed to the Continental Congress that English should be declared the official language of the United States. His proposal was deemed "undemocratic and a threat to individual liberty.” This type of debate has been going on for years, with people on both sides of the fence. And yet, the issue isn't any closer to a resolution than it was 200 years ago. This doesn’t mean that the individual states have not declared an official language because many already have. Twenty-seven states, to be exact, have officially declared English as their language.

The official language of the U.S. and its impact on the translation industry[/quote]

After I finish reading your second link, I will expound on the contents.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,676 times
Didnt the Spainards discover America ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration