U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,903,628 times

Advertisements

People close to the talks put the deal at about $10 million. Hundreds of marchers and journalists and 18 officers were hurt in the May Day clash at MacArthur Park involving LAPD officers.

By Joel Rubin
10:51 AM PST, November 19, 2008

Victims of the melee in MacArthur Park last year involving Los Angeles police have reached a tentative multimillion-dollar settlement with the city, people close to the settlement talks said today.

The sources declined to provide details of the settlement and spoke on condition that their names not be used because the terms of the agreement are confidential pending the City Council's approval of the deal. A couple of the sources, however, placed the proposed settlement at about $10 million.

Rubin is a Times staff writer.

joel.rubin@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd20-2008nov20,0,6030307.story

Unbelievable. I can only hope that documentation of American citizenship is required to prove that they are in this country legally prior to the disbursement of this tax dollar give away.

Oh wait . . I forgot LA is an illegal alien sancutary cesspool. Anybody else still naively wondering why we can't get rid of this garbage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 02:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,078,551 times
it was a peaceful demonstration till the rookie unorganized cops turned gestapo on the folks.
when officers use excessive force, and a court rules against them, there must be ramifications.
thats all it is.

anyhow go enjoy getting all bent out of shape about this. most of us aint worried about it. had the cops done their job the right way, we wouldnt be in this predicament.

LA cops (and those from surrounding depts like INGLEWOOD [where 3 unarmed innocent black and brown men were killed in as many months]) are notorious for excessive use of force. the depts has tried to train and retrain some of the cops, but there are just too many bad apples. too many hot heads.

i should know

Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,903,628 times
The One FYI: In case you're wondering why you never get my attention or a response, you are a permanent member of my IGNORE list. It gives me the pleasure of being totally void of any harrassment sponsored by you and several of your closest friends.

Just thought I'd let you know so that you can stop wasting your time stalking me.

This is all that's left of you every time you post.

Quote:
RE:
View Post Today, 02:06 PM Remove user from ignore list
the one This message is hidden because the one is on your ignore list.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM

196 posts, read 556,434 times
Good for them, it was a shameful day for the L.A.P.D. that day, relinquishing their frustrations on an innocent group of people, while even attacking a news reporter.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:09 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
Good for them, it was a shameful day for the L.A.P.D. that day, relinquishing their frustrations on an innocent group of people, while even attacking a news reporter.
Point taken, I too agree that rogue cops are bad news and need to be dealt with accordingly.

It was also a shameful day for the LAPD when confronted with Special Order 40 back in 1979.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The One FYI: In case you're wondering why you never get my attention or a response, you are a permanent member of my IGNORE list. It gives me the pleasure of being totally void of any harrassment sponsored by you and several of your closest friends.

Just thought I'd let you know so that you can stop wasting your time stalking me.

This is all that's left of you every time you post.
i know very well how the ignore function works hun.

its just fun tearing apart your ideas and arguments. its really easy.
this is a public forum.
so most times this isnt DIRECTED at you, but rather in response to your idiotic posts. i dont post for you. i post for the world!!!!

ignore all you want. thats the solution. stick your fingers in your ears and sing LA LA LA (in a pee wee herman voice) while you scamper away.

anyhow its still fun lettin you have it deary

EDIT: OH and thanks im glad to see youre still checkin for me. i love all my fans. even you.

Last edited by the one; 11-21-2008 at 02:00 PM..

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
they should at least know how to deal with reporters or know how to act when the public eye is on them.
i was suprised. poor cristina gonzalez. they let her have it. cameras rolling and all.

a lot of stuff gets hidden. a lot of stuff does not come to the light. its not a conspiracy. i know LAPD intimately. it takes about 5 years to really learn the ropes and figure out all the tricks.

speaking of excessive use. did you know that a study released by LAPD showed that in almost all of police involved shootings, the cop was a rookie. the chances of "having" to pull your gun are highest within the first 2 to 6 years on the beat. then it drops drastically.

this warrants more training in my eyes. i hate when people get a pay day because of stupid cops or firefighters. like that fireman that was tricked into eating dog food. he said it was racist. was it racist to call himself TOP DOG? it was a frat house environment. one he actively participated in. one he condoned, until it happened to him!
anyhow. dont want to rant, it just sucks when my tax money goes to these fools because some under trained rookie (and complascent upper brass) messed up.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
they should at least know how to deal with reporters or know how to act when the public eye is on them.
i was suprised. poor cristina gonzalez. they let her have it. cameras rolling and all.

a lot of stuff gets hidden. a lot of stuff does not come to the light. its not a conspiracy. i know LAPD intimately. it takes about 5 years to really learn the ropes and figure out all the tricks.

speaking of excessive use. did you know that a study released by LAPD showed that in almost all of police involved shootings, the cop was a rookie. the chances of "having" to pull your gun are highest within the first 2 to 6 years on the beat. then it drops drastically.

this warrants more training in my eyes. i hate when people get a pay day because of stupid cops or firefighters. like that fireman that was tricked into eating dog food. he said it was racist. was it racist to call himself TOP DOG? it was a frat house environment. one he actively participated in. one he condoned, until it happened to him!
anyhow. dont want to rant, it just sucks when my tax money goes to these fools because some under trained rookie (and complascent upper brass) messed up.
Outstanding post.....

Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Outstanding post.....
thanks.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thanks.
It was deserved. It was in fact a good post.
My issue with cops.
1. Minmal requirements for firearm aptitute. In other words they spray and pray one bullet out of many will hit the intended target.
2. Too often the cop is little better than the thugs they hired to arrest. We need better quality control than Joe's uncle has been a cop for 20 years.
3. As you called out insufficient training for rookies. They need more extensive OJT before allowed to operate solo.
4. They are allowed to cover up for each other way to often. Rodney King got rich because cops felt confident they were above the law. The video tape only proved this all to well. Had they done a clean arrest King would have gotten exactly what he deserved. A fair trial, and what ever punishment the court decided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or