U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Our government has pushed the people aside, they don't know we even exist until they need a vote. Just like the new immigration bill they're trying hard to get on the floor by April, they clearly don't care what the people want.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54443
They just want more votes and they know that if they can make friends with the illegals and give them amnesty they will get those votes. it is about greed. they dont care about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 10:26 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,886,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They just want more votes and they know that if they can make friends with the illegals and give them amnesty they will get those votes. it is about greed. they dont care about us.
Oh yeah, but they need to realize this country is getting quite unstable with all the controversy flying around. And doing things against the American peoples will, it will only bring them closer to a life of hate, and maybe even violence.

"But clearly the Right and the Duty to overthrow the Government in order to restore the United States as a government to serve the People is clearly established in historical precedent."

http://www.perkel.com/politics/issues/fourth.htm

One quote I completely forgot about.

And the other.

"
The Government Exists for the Sole Purpose of Serving the People, not Ruling the People"

The government is here to SERVE the people of the United States of America. The PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Shall I say it again... THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Where am I going with this? Hmmm.... I wonder...

The government has forgot that somewhere, and now it seems to be preaching to us what is "best" for us. When in reality THEY HAVE NO IDEA. Because once you start making your six figure salary and getting all the free ride offs for working for the government most politicians seem to forget about the people they were voted in to REPRESENT. Not rule over.

Last edited by Ronzou; 02-28-2007 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,041,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

You're exactly right, they're looking at these illegals as millions of voters... the Dem's and Rep's both are after those votes. They couldn't care any less about us, I think they've made that quite clear by ignoring us.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM

If we the people don't get our ass in gear and get something done mexico will rule the USA. Our govt is no help at all we can forget them. More jobs going down the drain.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54487

Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM

6,076 posts, read 10,739,138 times
Thumbs down Big, Big Mistake

Now, I'm all for anyone that is a LEGAL American citizen to make an honest living up here in the lower 48. But, to allow mexican drivers across the southern borders past the 20 mile limit is just plain stupid. They will be driving substandard equipment that we all know that if it were us, they would pull us off the road and give us a nice hefty fine. And how are they going to collect the fine from them when they do violate the law ? Not to mention that they are not properly trained on highway laws in each and every state and how to keep proper log books. Who's the Barnie Fife thats going to inspect the rigs to make sure they're up to our DOT standards, "their cousins?" They want to pull a large number of inspectors off our highways to place them on the border. That will jeopardize the lives of every motorist thats out there on our highways. And just because they pass the inspection there, that doesn't mean that they will maintain their equipment properly while inside the USA. Its bad enough now that American truck drivers get a bad rap because of a handfull of asphalt jocky's get stupid out there on the roads.
A couple of years ago I lost two fingers in Laredo Tx. due to a company trailer being brought back from Mexico and all the good parts were stolen off it and replaced with junk parts. And a good friend of mine lost both of his legs in a truck to truck head on collision clear up in Colorado. An illegal mexican driver fell asleep at the wheel, no log book, well past his "ON DUTY DRIVING LIMIT". AND NO INSURANCE. Now he is in debt up to his ears, can't drive. Just because the shipper never checked the driver out for insurance. Even though the law says that the shipper is responsible for all liabilities of the freight. And the cost for the prosthetic is expensive. As for Canadian drivers, they know how to read english, they know the laws, and you can trust them. Besides that, you need a passport to get in and out of Canada now..... Do you need one to get in and out of Mexico???
Any company that I drive for now, knows not to even think about sending me anywhere near the Mexican Border, let alone South Texas. No offense directed to any true Texan . God Bless Texas!
Its bad enough now that we have drivers on the road from foreign countries "off this continent" that can hardly read english and have a CDL. In Iowa, I called the troopers on a truck that 6 people climbed out of the cab at a truck stop fuel pump (2 Men & 4 Women) . Abdul must of thought that CDL stood for "Call Da Ladies".
I hope that the Teamsters jump on this with everything they have at their disposal. Bush forgets that all it would take is half of all the truck drivers out there on the roads to shut down for one week and this country would be in a world of hurt. "WE NEED TO STAND UNITED ON THIS PROBLEM DRIVERS!"

Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,197 times
Quote:
If we the people don't get our ass in gear and get something done mexico will rule the USA. Our govt is no help at all we can forget them. More jobs going down the drain.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54487
What do you suggest? We are quickly becoming minorities, what can be done?
Getting in touch with our representatives is supposed to help, but does it? I sent an e-mail to Gov Crist, I was told to contact my congressman. I guess that is a start.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
What do you suggest? We are quickly becoming minorities, what can be done?
Getting in touch with our representatives is supposed to help, but does it? I sent an e-mail to Gov Crist, I was told to contact my congressman. I guess that is a start.

I've did the same thing and I'm sure others have also,wrote letters,sent e-mails,phone calls and none has done any good....all you get is a run around and pass the buck on the next politician. People need to get organized and go to DC and get in their face and then you won't be ignored like we are now. Get the media involved and show the world what scum bags we have in our govt... I suppose most of the world already knows just by reading the internet. I suppose they think the illegals are not getting here fast enough now so they open the border to mexicos trucks, bring em on in by the truck loads... and don't forget the weapons and drugs bring them along.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I hope that the Teamsters jump on this with everything they have at their disposal. Bush forgets that all it would take is half of all the truck drivers out there on the roads to shut down for one week and this country would be in a world of hurt. "WE NEED TO STAND UNITED ON THIS PROBLEM DRIVERS!"

I know what your saying, I would like to see it happen. Shut the trucks down and bring this country to a screeching halt.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Open Border

I"m hoping this open border for mexican trucking co's gets shoved down *the chimps* throat.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...3753-6194r.htm

Old 03-04-2007, 06:03 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,197 times
Quote:
I"m hoping this open border for mexican trucking co's gets shoved down *the chimps* throat.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...3753-6194r.htm
Thank God for the good ones in DC! They are nuts in the White House!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration