U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2008, 03:25 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What about American children who cannot get health care due to their parents not be able to pay for it yet it is perfectly acceptable for illegal immigrants to cheat the system?

We cannot save the world.

As for Mexico: it is not a poor nation.................it is past time for the Peons SOB to stand up and fight for their rights.
Agreed. As a 4 year old child I marched for the civil rights of my people. I still have the scar on my leg from being hosed down in the streets by the CFD to remind me that I survived, while others bled and many died for my freedom and rights as a US citizen.

When will illegal aliens learn that it is their responsibility to fight for, change and save the country they claim to love and (albeit delusionally) proudly waive its flag while living illegally on American soil and off of our tax dollars?

Unless or until they do it will never become obvious to them that fleeing is for cowards and the country they prop up with our tax dollars and remittances will never love them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. As a 4 year old child I marched for the civil rights of my people. I still have the scar on my leg from being hosed down in the streets by the CFD to remind me that I survived, while others bled and many died for my freedom and rights as a US citizen.

When will illegal aliens learn that it is their responsibility to fight for, change and save the country they claim to love and (albeit delusionally) proudly waive its flag while living illegally on American soil and off of our tax dollars?

Unless or until they do it will never become obvious to them that fleeing is for cowards and the country they prop up with our tax dollars and remittances will never love them back.
The irony is that these illegals don't seem to be afraid to protest for additional rights in our country. Where was that courage when they lived in their native land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The irony is that these illegals don't seem to be afraid to protest for additional rights in our country. Where was that courage when they lived in their native land?
They are fully aware that we are a nation of laws who believe in human and civil rights, therefore they consider us idiots, pushovers and wimps.

Drug cartels, rapes, murders, child molestation, rampant police and government corruption has always been how government officials and the majority of the citizens of 3rd world countries have survived and conducted themselves. So much so it is the acceptable norm. They are fully aware that if they so much as hint that the wealthy and elite oligarchies should pay taxes in order for their poverty stricken citizens to have taxpayer funded: healthcare, education, social services, welfare, housing or anything else resembling humanity they risk being gunned down in the streets, decapitated or worse.

It makes fleeing to the nation of wimpy suckers (aka Americans) who will pay for everything and treat them better than their own countries ever would a no brainer for them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-21-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,699,621 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelanddiana View Post
If your child was sick and you had to enter another country illegally to get them help I bet you would do it in a second..stop being so self-righteous...
Why are we taking care of non-citizens when our own citizens are suffering even more severely? I'll give you self righteous....

Since the formation of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) under the U.S. War Department in 1824, the situation for the Native Americans has become more and more bleak. Today the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has conditions WORSE than most "3rd World" Countries:

MORTALITY:

Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.

Lakotah death rate is the highest in the United States.

The Lakotah infant mortality rate is 300% more than the U.S. Average.

One out of every four Lakotah children born are fostered or adopted out to non-Indian homes.

Diseases such as tuberculosis, polio, etc. are present. Cancer is now at epidemic proportions!

Teenage suicide rate is 150% higher than the U.S national average for this group.

POVERTY:

Median income is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.

97% of our Lakotah people live below the poverty line.

Many families cannot afford heating oil, wood or propane and many residents use ovens to heat their homes.

UNEMPLOYMENT:

Unemployment rates on our reservations are 80% or higher.

Government funding for job creation is lost through cronyism and corruption.

HOUSING:

Elderly die each winter from hypothermia (freezing).

1/3 of the homes lack basic clean water and sewage while 40% lack electricity.

60% of Reservation families have no telephone.

60% of housing is infected with potentially fatal black molds.

There is an estimated average of 17 people living in each family home (may only have two to three rooms). Some homes, built for 6 to 8 people, have up to 30 people living in them.

DRUGS AND ALCOHOL:

More than half the Reservationís adults battle addiction and disease.

Alcoholism affects 9 in 10 families.

Two known meth-amphetamine labs allowed to continue operation. Why?

DISEASE:

The Tuberculosis rate on Lakotah reservations is approx. 800% higher than the U.S national average.

Cervical cancer is 500% higher than the U.S national average.

The rate of diabetes is 800% higher than the U.S national average.

Federal Commodity Food Program provides high sugar foods that kill Native people through diabetes and heart disease.

INCARCERATION:

Indian children incarceration rate 40% higher than whites.

In South Dakota, 21 percent of state prisoners are American Indians, yet they only make up 2% of the population.

Indians have the second largest state prison incarceration rate in the nation.

Most Indians live on federal reservations. Less than 2% of Indians live where the state has jurisdiction!

THREATENED CULTURE:

Only 14% of the Lakotah population can speak the Lakotah language.

The language is not being shared inter-generationally. Today, the average age of a fluent Lakotah speaker is 65 years.

The Lakotah language is an Endangered Language, on the verge of extinction.

The Lakotah language is not allowed to be taught in the U.S. Government schools.

RESERVATION SERVICES

Pine Ridge Reservation alone is 4500 square miles, yet has only two ambulances to serve 40,000 people.

There is no 911 system

There are NO fire departments or rescue crews!

I could go on for pages and pages about the situation on the reservations and the treatment of the Native American--particularly the Lakotah, but here's my point.

Why are MY tax dollars being spent to take care of non-citizen children, when the descendents of the original children of this land are being ignored by the government and the majority of Americans. That this is going on in the United States of America right NOW while our tax dollars are going to people in this country illegally is beyond reprehensible.

My heart and my allegiance lies not with those from beyond our borders but with those within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Reputation: 3785
Kele: now for irony; if/when our indigenous peoples ascend to Middle Class status (with our without US government help)-------------that will spell the end of them as a distinct group of cultures/ethnicities.

It is occurring as we speak here in Arizona. The Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation is a textbook example. Ever since they were allowed to have their casino smack dab next to Scottsdale-----------they went from a de facto Third World society to solid affluence. Nice houses, cars, etc.

Too; the Ft McDowell government demands that its subjects go to school----------otherwise no $$$ stipends

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 11-21-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:10 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Why are we taking care of non-citizens when our own citizens are suffering even more severely? I'll give you self righteous....

Since the formation of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) under the U.S. War Department in 1824, the situation for the Native Americans has become more and more bleak. Today the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation has conditions WORSE than most "3rd World" Countries:

MORTALITY:

Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.

Lakotah death rate is the highest in the United States.

The Lakotah infant mortality rate is 300% more than the U.S. Average.

One out of every four Lakotah children born are fostered or adopted out to non-Indian homes.

Diseases such as tuberculosis, polio, etc. are present. Cancer is now at epidemic proportions!

Teenage suicide rate is 150% higher than the U.S national average for this group.

POVERTY:

Median income is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.

97% of our Lakotah people live below the poverty line.

Many families cannot afford heating oil, wood or propane and many residents use ovens to heat their homes.

UNEMPLOYMENT:

Unemployment rates on our reservations are 80% or higher.

Government funding for job creation is lost through cronyism and corruption.

HOUSING:

Elderly die each winter from hypothermia (freezing).

1/3 of the homes lack basic clean water and sewage while 40% lack electricity.

60% of Reservation families have no telephone.

60% of housing is infected with potentially fatal black molds.

There is an estimated average of 17 people living in each family home (may only have two to three rooms). Some homes, built for 6 to 8 people, have up to 30 people living in them.

DRUGS AND ALCOHOL:

More than half the Reservationís adults battle addiction and disease.

Alcoholism affects 9 in 10 families.

Two known meth-amphetamine labs allowed to continue operation. Why?

DISEASE:

The Tuberculosis rate on Lakotah reservations is approx. 800% higher than the U.S national average.

Cervical cancer is 500% higher than the U.S national average.

The rate of diabetes is 800% higher than the U.S national average.

Federal Commodity Food Program provides high sugar foods that kill Native people through diabetes and heart disease.

INCARCERATION:

Indian children incarceration rate 40% higher than whites.

In South Dakota, 21 percent of state prisoners are American Indians, yet they only make up 2% of the population.

Indians have the second largest state prison incarceration rate in the nation.

Most Indians live on federal reservations. Less than 2% of Indians live where the state has jurisdiction!

THREATENED CULTURE:

Only 14% of the Lakotah population can speak the Lakotah language.

The language is not being shared inter-generationally. Today, the average age of a fluent Lakotah speaker is 65 years.

The Lakotah language is an Endangered Language, on the verge of extinction.

The Lakotah language is not allowed to be taught in the U.S. Government schools.

RESERVATION SERVICES

Pine Ridge Reservation alone is 4500 square miles, yet has only two ambulances to serve 40,000 people.

There is no 911 system

There are NO fire departments or rescue crews!

I could go on for pages and pages about the situation on the reservations and the treatment of the Native American--particularly the Lakotah, but here's my point.

Why are MY tax dollars being spent to take care of non-citizen children, when the descendents of the original children of this land are being ignored by the government and the majority of Americans. That this is going on in the United States of America right NOW while our tax dollars are going to people in this country illegally is beyond reprehensible.

My heart and my allegiance lies not with those from beyond our borders but with those within.


Well stated. Bravo Kele!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,908 posts, read 30,162,897 times
Reputation: 17734
Undocumented Immigrants = ILLEGAL ALIENS

no matter how we slice it

pc garbage run amok JDUB

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 07:56 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Undocumented Immigrants = ILLEGAL ALIENS

no matter how we slice it

pc garbage run amok JDUB

No kidding. My favorite term of distortion: "IMMIGRANTS". When I first started educating myself about this atrocity, PC was the order of the day. As the numbers of rape, robbery, child molestation, drunk driving incidents, identity theft, gang violence and murder have progressively skyrocketed, the claims of them simply being here doing the jobs Americans won't do, and the chants of "they're just racist" have become the object of ridicule and anger of millions of American taxpayers who are wide awake and tired of being victimized by this invasion.

We've come a long way. The tide is turning in our favor. I almost want to thank those illegal aliens for their arrogance, demands for amnesty, draining of our tax dollars and their delusionally false sense of entitlement.

But most of all those marches? Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
No kidding. My favorite term of distortion: "IMMIGRANTS". When I first started educating myself about this atrocity, PC was the order of the day. As the numbers of rape, robbery, child molestation, drunk driving incidents, identity theft, gang violence and murder have progressively skyrocketed, the claims of them simply being here doing the jobs Americans won't do, and the chants of "they're just racist" have become the object of ridicule and anger of millions of American taxpayers who are wide awake and tired of being victimized by this invasion.

We've come a long way. The tide is turning in our favor. I almost want to thank those illegal aliens for their arrogance, demands for amnesty, draining of our tax dollars and their delusionally false sense of entitlement.

But most of all those marches? Priceless.
The only thing I wish to add is said illegals tend to victimize their own a disproportionate amount of the time---------US citizens and even green card holders have rights and will fight back.

Otherwise; your post is spot on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The only thing I wish to add is said illegals tend to victimize their own a disproportionate amount of the time---------US citizens and even green card holders have rights and will fight back.

Otherwise; your post is spot on
I've heard that before. I'm sure that is due to the fact that since all of them are here illegally if they call the police, the odds are everybody will go to jail and promptly be deported thereafter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top