U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 PM

117 posts, read 259,412 times

Advertisements

San Antonio has always been an hispanic city. I've been there and love it alot! The Mexican-American culture has always been there. Tejano music and singers like Selena have huge popularity there. Now the Mexican culture (which is different than the Mexican American culture) is there also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 06:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The same people that complain about "illegal immigration" NEVER complain about all the british immigration to the US
Are they here legally? no passport = illegal

Just look at this illegal immigrant (hasn't proved he's here legally) insulting the US

YouTube - More celebrity endorsements for Barack Obama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
Just show them this and slow them down on the mexicans.Illegal is Illegal don't matter who has the most illegals.Whether it's 1 or a million that single one must go too!
SAN FRANCISCO / Irish make their presence felt in fight over illegal immigration / 150 from Bay Area to rally in D.C. for legalization efforts

If illegal----------pitch 'em all out.

Problem solved

Old 11-21-2008, 06:13 PM

14,809 posts, read 18,805,928 times
I'm gonna ask you again,

If I stopped you right now.... can you prove that you are a legal US resident or citizen?
Do you have (1) Passport, (2) Birth Certificate, (3) Naturalization document, (4) Green card????

If you don't, then from my point of view you are illegal
BTW, I do have documentation in my wallet to prove that I'm a citizen

Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
I'm gonna ask you again,

If I stopped you right now.... can you prove that you are a legal US resident or citizen?
Do you have (1) Passport, (2) Birth Certificate, (3) Naturalization document, (4) Green card????

And if you tried to detain me............I will sue you!

I was born/raised right here in the USA

582 posts, read 1,786,200 times
Quote:
I'm gonna ask you again,

This is one of our own helping irish immigrants get illegal papers.It's not just the mexicans.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/nyregion/30yale.html

23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
I'm gonna ask you again,

I can. Virginia Drivers license (VA dont give them to everyone), South Carolina birth certificate, Authentic US SSN card. Too easy.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:23 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,933,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germantexas View Post
Okay, I hope this post doesn't get termed "racist" by whomever.
I'd like to start off by saying I LOVE Texas and the United States of America, and love the region of San Antonio especially due to it's geographic diversity.

With that said, what I do not like is the obvious number of illegal aliens and their anchor babies whom live here and refuse to assimilate to any degree.
There have been numerous times where I've seen the MEXICAN FLAG flying on flagpolls and sometimes with the American flag lower. To me this is an insult and I CANNOT comprehend how this is overlooked...

Along the main roads of Fredericksburg Rd and Bandera Rd going towards downtown are many businesses operating in ONLY SPANISH?! So what's the deal here? This is the USA NOT MEXICO.
I always thought it was mandatory for people immigrating to the USA to learn English.

Along with illegals comes drugs, and latin american based gangs such as MS13. Many of these people are collecting some form of government aid...medicaid, welfare, etc.. and thus becoming more of a burden to our society than an asset. I know i'll probably be lectured on how this was a "hispanic city" long ago and well yeah you're right, it was also once the Indians and the Dinosaurs too.

Well that's enough of my rant for now. Again this isnt a RACIST topic. Illegal aliens can be of any race, ethnicity or religion. Just the same as Hispanics. Point is, i'm tired of my nation falling apart due to greedy a-holes who care more about cheap labor than their own people and allowing criminals to enter this nation on a daily basis....

Thanks for your post. I can tell you have genuine interest in the USA and wanted to re-state that the true problem is not the immigrants..... In your state it's your fellow Texans who hire these individuals, rent to paperless/social securityless, unverifiable/creditless people and It's the Homeowners who pick them up at the home depots to do manual labor rather than hiring a licensed contractor. In my State of California its the same thing but on larger scale.

The drugs that come in with the immigrants or whoever brings them in is not the problem.... it's the US Citizens and their kids who provide a demand for these products. The entire trade would dry up if people didnt use drugs, Mexico would be less focused on drug trafficing and could focus on jobs and infrastructure and family planning etc to support & educate its citizens.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
Thanks for your post. I can tell you have genuine interest in the USA and wanted to re-state that the true problem is not the immigrants..... In your state it's your fellow Texans who hire these individuals, rent to paperless/social securityless, unverifiable/creditless people and It's the Homeowners who pick them up at the home depots to do manual labor rather than hiring a licensed contractor. In my State of California its the same thing but on larger scale.

The drugs that come in with the immigrants or whoever brings them in is not the problem.... it's the US Citizens and their kids who provide a demand for these products. The entire trade would dry up if people didnt use drugs, Mexico would be less focused on drug trafficing and could focus on jobs and infrastructure and family planning etc to support & educate its citizens.
Yes and no. The Mexican govt could give a rat butt about any of these people being offshed to the US. Well, except for the fact that the populace sends back Billions of dollars each year. People blame the US but it is the Mex govt that is outsourcing it's slaves to other Countries hoping to gain economically. Slam the door on remittances and watch how fast their govt squeals.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM

14,809 posts, read 18,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yes and no. The Mexican govt could give a rat butt about any of these people being offshed to the US. Well, except for the fact that the populace sends back Billions of dollars each year. People blame the US but it is the Mex govt that is outsourcing it's slaves to other Countries hoping to gain economically. Slam the door on remittances and watch how fast their govt squeals.
I'm sure people in China are saying the exact same thing about american companies taking over their country and Bush and the american government not giving a ....... about it.

BTW, they are not slaves, maybe people in the US make them slaves

Old 11-21-2008, 07:02 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
I'm sure people in China are saying the exact same thing about american companies taking over their country and Bush and the american government not giving a ....... about it.

BTW, they are not slaves, maybe people in the US make them slaves
Yet another self hater. Pure drivel nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or