U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,693,417 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

ESCONDIDO: "Protest held against driver's license checkpoints"
By CHRIS NICHOLS - Staff Writer |
Saturday, November 15, 2008


216 participates in a candlelight vigil Saturday at Grape Day Park in Escondido to call attention to the city's driver's license checkpoints. ESCONDIDO ---- About 200 people attended a candlelight vigil Saturday at Grape Day Park to protest the Escondido Police Department's use of driver's license checkpoints.

Rights activists, many from the Latino community, spoke out against the checkpoints, which they called unjust and a ploy to check immigration status.

"The intimidation has to stop ---- we all want peace," boomed the voice of Evi Quinn, a member of the Interfaith Committee for Worker Justice, as attendees held candles and formed a prayer circle in the park.

"There is no way we are going to stand by silently and not raise our voices for those who are oppressed," she said.

Escondido police say the checkpoints bolster traffic safety. They are not used to check immigration status, Escondido police Sgt. Doug Sams said.

"We do not do that," Sams added. "We are not immigration authorities. We don't care what their immigration status is. All we look for is their driver's license status and are they DUI drivers."

About 10 people held a counter-protest at the park.

Several were members of the Escondido Minuteman Brigade, an anti-illegal-immigrant group.

Despite a few heated words between the groups, there were no fights or arrests during the event, police said.

read more...
ESCONDIDO: Protest held against driver's license checkpoints : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11/15/news/inland/escondido/z84c750a95cf3802b8825750300131845.txt - broken link)

 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
Reputation: 6523
No please don't have DUI check points. We are thrilled to hear about our neighbors being killed by drunks.
No please don't verify drivers licences I still haven't had my car totaled by an unlicenced driver.
I hate being cheated out of the better things in life.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,105,279 times
Reputation: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No please don't have DUI check points. We are thrilled to hear about our neighbors being killed by drunks.
No please don't verify drivers licences I still haven't had my car totaled by an unlicenced driver.
I hate being cheated out of the better things in life.
Notice how the largest population of said "activist" are latino? They are determined to reduce this country to the lawless, cesspool, overpopulated hell hole that they are comfortable living in.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
Reputation: 6523
This calls for a tinman story:
My name is Armondo Agusta I was stopped at a facist driver check point. Now I am arrested. I am an honest hard working citizen. I have a wife and 7 children to support. Whimper my children call me Pa pa. I miss them already. Now the police they say I was also drunk. Where I come from what kind of man does not drink a bottle of Tequilla after work? I was fine.
The Police say I was passed out holding up traffic at the check point. NO I was taking a nap because it was taking so long. I say if they did not have the check point I would not have had to take a nap.
They say I am an illegal alien. I am not from mars I am from Mexico.
They say I had illegal drugs and a crack pipe in my car. I say no way that sheet is mine it was in the car when I stole it.
These police they beat me. They say I tried to run away. I say bullsheet I try to run to a phone to call my wife.
These police hand cuff me and take me to the jail. They say I will be deported. I thought this country was great. I thought we were free. I was wrong this country has so many confusing laws.
My wife? Naw she is an illegal too but hey I stole her from another guy anyway. She will be fine.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,399,655 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Notice how the largest population of said "activist" are latino? They are determined to reduce this country to the lawless, cesspool, overpopulated hell hole that they are comfortable living in.
Let said Latinos continue to protest.............the unemployment rate in California is now 8.2%. Read that the illegal immigrant lovers are playing with fire------------to be polite.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,693,417 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This calls for a tinman story:
My name is Armondo Agusta I was stopped at a facist driver check point. Now I am arrested. I am an honest hard working citizen. I have a wife and 7 children to support. Whimper my children call me Pa pa. I miss them already. Now the police they say I was also drunk. Where I come from what kind of man does not drink a bottle of Tequilla after work? I was fine.
The Police say I was passed out holding up traffic at the check point. NO I was taking a nap because it was taking so long. I say if they did not have the check point I would not have had to take a nap.
They say I am an illegal alien. I am not from mars I am from Mexico.
They say I had illegal drugs and a crack pipe in my car. I say no way that sheet is mine it was in the car when I stole it.
These police they beat me. They say I tried to run away. I say bullsheet I try to run to a phone to call my wife.
These police hand cuff me and take me to the jail. They say I will be deported. I thought this country was great. I thought we were free. I was wrong this country has so many confusing laws.
Quote:
My wife? Naw she is an illegal too but hey I stole her from another guy anyway. She will be fine.
She's gettin' meaner and uglier everyday, But I got er' boy, that makes me the winner.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-21-2008 at 05:20 PM..
 
Old 11-21-2008, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,418,217 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
she's gettin uglier everyday, but i got er' boy, that makes me the winner.
roflmao
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:20 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,105,279 times
Reputation: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let said Latinos continue to protest.............the unemployment rate in California is now 8.2%. Read that the illegal immigrant lovers are playing with fire------------to be polite.

8.2% unemployment in a state in the throes of bankruptcy? Wowza No welfare, no food stamps, no Section 8 and gang members who hate and kill one another over race and for drug turf in the ghetto?

If they think last weeks wildfires were fun, wait until the '68 race riots, complete with burning, looting and gangland mayhem, reinvent themselves.

That should be one hell of a reality show.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
 
Location: San Diego
34,934 posts, read 31,961,540 times
Reputation: 19402
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
She's gettin' meaner and uglier everyday, But I got er' boy, that makes me the winner.
Did any of you catch the story about the guy who fled the scene after he rear ended some car here is SD? He left his son to die. WTH kind of person leaves their dying kid in the car?


Oh but I am sure he was such a nice guy. He was friggin hammered and left his kid to die in the car vs the chance of deportation.

How about making sure you don't break any laws(driving drunk being one) and you won't have to worry about being deported.
 
Old 11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,399,655 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
8.2% unemployment in a state in the throes of bankruptcy? Wowza No welfare, no food stamps, no Section 8 and gang members who hate and kill one another over race and for drug turf in the ghetto?

If they think last weeks wildfires were fun, wait until the '68 race riots, complete with burning, looting and gangland mayhem, reinvent themselves.

That should be one hell of a reality show.
I hope to God we see no race riots this time around----------------if nothing else: it would be anarchy since 'Hispanics' can be of any race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top