U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Looking at our imploding economy alone: we do not need illegal immigrants.

Too: illegals are much more likely to commit other crimes over and beyond the obvious ID theft, etc. due to their Third World lack of respect for First World law and order.

Translation: we do not want that sort of riffraff here here.

So a few Yuppies will have to babysit their own children and do their own gardening-----------tough.
Again, we don't need to spend money on something that does not stem the tide. It would cost billions to build a fence across the entire border, and billions to patrol the fence. We would not have the resources to help educate immigrant children in hopes that they can become said Yuppies. Having gone to an inner city school in CA, I can tell you that there is promise, if we fund our schools. Cajon fortunately had the IB program. Most of the IB kids went to a 4 year univerisity; everyone at least went to a 2 year college. Yes, there were upper middle/ middle class kids (like me), but there were also a lot of migrant kids. These kids just now graduated with a 4 year degree. The riffraff's kids can become your doctor, or lawyer, or a business executive, only if we give them a chance.

As for the crime aspect, why is it then that crime decreased as illegal immigration rates increased? There is no relation between crime and illegal immigration. There is a bigger relation between crime and economics. Please don't do the Third World lack of respect. AIG, Enron, Worldcom, Columbine shooter, Santee shooter, Oklahoma City bomber, Charles Manson, Zodiac Killer, (and the list goes on) all have third world values then? People are people, regardless of third world or not. Hence why it is more economically related; more jobs means less time to do the crime. More social support and better funded schools will reduce crime...and help increase the economy as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,596,336 times
Reputation: 47459
yes it does work, that is why there was enormous pressure against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Again, we don't need to spend money on something that does not stem the tide. It would cost billions to build a fence across the entire border, and billions to patrol the fence. We would not have the resources to help educate immigrant children in hopes that they can become said Yuppies. Having gone to an inner city school in CA, I can tell you that there is promise, if we fund our schools. Cajon fortunately had the IB program. Most of the IB kids went to a 4 year univerisity; everyone at least went to a 2 year college. Yes, there were upper middle/ middle class kids (like me), but there were also a lot of migrant kids. These kids just now graduated with a 4 year degree. The riffraff's kids can become your doctor, or lawyer, or a business executive, only if we give them a chance.

As for the crime aspect, why is it then that crime decreased as illegal immigration rates increased? There is no relation between crime and illegal immigration. There is a bigger relation between crime and economics. Please don't do the Third World lack of respect. AIG, Enron, Worldcom, Columbine shooter, Santee shooter, Oklahoma City bomber, Charles Manson, Zodiac Killer, (and the list goes on) all have third world values then? People are people, regardless of third world or not. Hence why it is more economically related; more jobs means less time to do the crime. More social support and better funded schools will reduce crime...and help increase the economy as well.
ID theft is a Felony as is non reporting of income------------which are both hallmarks of illegal immigrants.

As for better funding of schools: proper preparation of students begins at home----------it is not the responsibility of our education system to socialize kids in basic manners and respect.

Before you or anybody else dares throw the 'race card' at me: I have the Ace of Spades to lay down on the table. Prior to WW II in California children of Japanese heritage alongside Mestizo Hispanic kids were in the same classrooms being taught by the same teachers----------yet the former group (note that most North American Latinos are in part Asian heritage due to their Indian roots) flat 'smoked' the latter throughout both school as well as later in life.

Racism or cultural differences; you decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 11:43 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,957 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Reputation: 17764
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Exactly my point, they went to a different part of the border. Plus, it didn't stop the flow...actually the flow stayed the same. Hence why in SD county there was still the same year to year increase of illegals. It really just made things harder, but it did not do it's job of making it so hard as to stem the flow. People started climbing the fence, hence the razor wiring, then attacks were made (actually a massive increase in violence against border patrol). What's now happening is that people pay more for coyotes with tunnels as well as going the more dangerous route.
Only a small portion of those peasants can afford what the Coyotes are demanding and the biggest percentage of the crossers are peasants. I'd say it's doing the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Did they just use other routes like they did in San Diego? I mean they had the same headlines for the fence in San Diego, only to have neighboring Imperial County have a sharp INCREASE for illegal border crossings. This is why the fence has got to be one of the dumbest ideas that we have. Anyways, they'll just hire illegals to build the fence. Border Fence Firm Snared for Hiring Illegal Workers : NPR. Why not make it easier to come in legally and target the employers that hire illegals? Why not focus funds to making the illegal immigrants have a better standard of living (better education and health so that way their kids can become productive members of society and potentially have more money for consumption)?
Your generosity overwhelms me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Again, we don't need to spend money on something that does not stem the tide. It would cost billions to build a fence across the entire border, and billions to patrol the fence. We would not have the resources to help educate immigrant children in hopes that they can become said Yuppies. Having gone to an inner city school in CA, I can tell you that there is promise, if we fund our schools. Cajon fortunately had the IB program. Most of the IB kids went to a 4 year univerisity; everyone at least went to a 2 year college. Yes, there were upper middle/ middle class kids (like me), but there were also a lot of migrant kids. These kids just now graduated with a 4 year degree. The riffraff's kids can become your doctor, or lawyer, or a business executive, only if we give them a chance.

As for the crime aspect, why is it then that crime decreased as illegal immigration rates increased? There is no relation between crime and illegal immigration. There is a bigger relation between crime and economics. Please don't do the Third World lack of respect. AIG, Enron, Worldcom, Columbine shooter, Santee shooter, Oklahoma City bomber, Charles Manson, Zodiac Killer, (and the list goes on) all have third world values then? People are people, regardless of third world or not. Hence why it is more economically related; more jobs means less time to do the crime. More social support and better funded schools will reduce crime...and help increase the economy as well.
Quote:
There is no relation between crime and illegal immigration.
Statistics please.



Quote:
There is a bigger relation between crime and economics. Please don't do the Third World lack of respect. AIG, Enron, Worldcom, Columbine shooter, Santee shooter, Oklahoma City bomber, Charles Manson, Zodiac Killer, (and the list goes on) all have third world values then? People are people, regardless of third world or not. Hence why it is more economically related; more jobs means less time to do the crime. More social support and better funded schools will reduce crime...and help increase the economy as well.
All irrelevant to this issue.

Do you even know where your coming from?=>
YouTube - Twilight Zone intro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
ID theft is a Felony as is non reporting of income------------which are both hallmarks of illegal immigrants.

As for better funding of schools: proper preparation of students begins at home----------it is not the responsibility of our education system to socialize kids in basic manners and respect.

Before you or anybody else dares throw the 'race card' at me: I have the Ace of Spades to lay down on the table. Prior to WW II in California children of Japanese heritage alongside Mestizo Hispanic kids were in the same classrooms being taught by the same teachers----------yet the former group (note that most North American Latinos are in part Asian heritage due to their Indian roots) flat 'smoked' the latter throughout both school as well as later in life.

Racism or cultural differences; you decide.
As the son of a teacher, I can personally tell you the vast number of times that former students came up to either me or my dad and said thanks for teaching me life lessons. Teachers see kids more often than parents do. I was at school waaaay more than at home. This is a fact of life, that school occupies more time than with parents. Again, it is not only teaching, but having desks to sit on (some of the desks at my school were from the 1950s), enough chalk, roofs that don't leak, enough books (the non IB classes had routine book shortages due to lack of funding).

Again...the two crimes are due to the fact of being illegal (they were not caused by any other circumstance. Being illegal does not predispose somebody to rape). Plus your ace card...I truly don't understand your point...if you could please clarify that for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:43 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Statistics please.




All irrelevant to this issue.

Do you even know where your coming from?=>
YouTube - Twilight Zone intro.
Stats: Well...the biggest one is the overall decrease in crime in the 2000s. You were there right? That one does not even need citing since it was a universal event. We all know that there was an increase in illegal immigration, yet a decrease in crime in high immigrant areas. Hence, economics plays a larger role. The point was third world disrespect...so again came back with first world examples showing the same occurs in the first world and that it is not a third world or first world issue (hence the relevance).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:47 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your generosity overwhelms me.
Well living in SoCal and being a recent college grad, I feel that instead of paying for wars on terror, illegal immigration, and drugs, I'd much rather see my state's standard of living increase...not decrease. Thus, put allocated funds towards education, health, and infrastructure. The recent college grads now have to contend with tons of mis managed funds for said wars, coupled with high student debt and the worst economic situation in recent memory. So yeah, I'd like to see hopefully a little less poverty. They are already here, might as well make them productive members of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes it does work, that is why there was enormous pressure against it.
So why the same increase rate of illegal immigration in Imperial, SD, and Riverside County? Obviously did not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top