U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:52 PM

136 posts, read 257,279 times

Advertisements

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Mexican consul: Immigrants leaving Colorado

It's too bad that it had to take a bad economy for them to leave but good riddance nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 01:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
Well BOO HOO! You poor criminals. Oklahoma doesn't welcome Illegals either. We're not offend by your leaving.

Beside's, I don't recall anyone rolling out the welcome mat for Illegals as they entered the US illegally.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM

3,377 posts, read 7,064,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Well BOO HOO! You poor criminals. Oklahoma doesn't welcome Illegals either. We're not offend by your leaving.

Beside's, I don't recall anyone rolling out the welcome mat for Illegals as they entered the US illegally.
What do Mexican immigrants have to do with being illegal. Mexican does not equal illegal.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
What do Mexican immigrants have to do with being illegal. Mexican does not equal illegal.
I didn't say anything about Mexicans. Illegals are Illegals no matter where they came from.
Quit asking me stupid questions. Your about to be reported for "race baiting".

Old 11-23-2008, 01:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. But the fact remains that the majority of illegals are mexican.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Mexicans. Illegals are Illegals no matter where they came from.
Quit asking me stupid questions. Your about to be reported for "race baiting".
This topic is about Mexican immigrants and you assume all of them are illegals. According to these forums, Mexicans are not a race. Report me if you want; I should report you for other posts you made.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
This topic is about Mexican immigrants and you assume all of them are illegals. According to these forums, Mexicans are not a race. Report me if you want; I should report you for other posts you made.
My post is about Illegals.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Talk about a flagrantly slanted article------------besmirching legal immigrants by lumping then in with illegal ones.

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Mexican consul: Immigrants leaving Colorado

Quote:
Arnal points to a series of immigration bills passed in 2006 during a special legislative session as one reason many Mexicans feel marginalized.

One law created a state patrol unit with the authority to enforce immigration law during routine patrols and curb human smuggling. The unit has arrested more than 930 suspected illegal immigrants since July 2007.

Another law barred immigrants from receiving some state services unless they prove they are in the country legally.
From the above linked article.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Most post is about Illegals.
Yes, but who are they really talking about. I'm starting to think illegal is code word for Mexicans. Some of these post are talking abou Mexican immigrants, not illegals. This thread is a good example.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Yes, but who are they really talking about. I'm starting to think illegal is code word for Mexicans. Some of these post are talking abou Mexican immigrants, not illegals. This thread is a good example.
Perhaps if Meicans did not account for the vast majority of illegals, perhaps if Mexico wasn't the route taken by the vast majority of illegals to get here people would not imediately think of mexicans when they hear the words illegal immigrant.
At any rate all illegals deserve deportation and all are welcome to leave sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or