U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

Obama wants to be a hero. To some he is, even before he's done anything.

I'm afraid that's not the only ball he's going to get rolling. He's going to start something, and in the end he'll regret making some of these heroic decisions.

What Obama is about to do, is set off the "Wake-up too late" call.

By the end of his first term, some of the people who praise him now, will hate him or disrespect him for the consequences that will follow some of his dicisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 07:07 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yet I rarely hear about American Indians (or Anglo Sicilians, etc) being 'racially profiled'--------never mind that most North American Hispanics are indeed part Indian (Aztec, Yaqui, etc).
Somehow they seem to be able to determine ethnicity without your groundbreaking knowledge on race and appearance.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Somehow they seem to be able to determine ethnicity without your groundbreaking knowledge on race and appearance.
FYI: my step sister gets mistaken for 'Latina' quite frequently due to her dark skin--------she is of Irish and Italian lineage.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
I'm American Indian and Irish and get the secondary treatment at the border every time yet somehow I am able to cope with it. ( insert giant rolling eyes here). How dare people get inconvenienced while looking for people draining the economy of resources meant for Americans. The nerve!!

Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm American Indian and Irish and get the secondary treatment at the border every time yet somehow I am able to cope with it. ( insert giant rolling eyes here). How dare people get inconvenienced while looking for people draining the economy of resources meant for Americans. The nerve!!
You being 'Mestizo' and anti illegal immigration may enrage the pro MEChA fans around here

Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
There isn't a vehicle on the road today without low-high tinted windows. Unless someone is driving with their windows down, it would be impossible to determine anyones skin color.

The one's complaining are nothing but extreme racists who love to throw accusations.
Joe Arpaio is a hard man to beat.

I've sent him my support.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-24-2008 at 08:00 PM..

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Once again I'm not talking about the illegals!! I'm talking about the US citizens that have been violated by Joe.

I'm also not talking about a border checkpoint, I'm talking about sweeps that target anyone who looks remotely Hispanic.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how Joe deals with the new heat that will surely come from the Obama Admin...

Good Luck Joe...hope you kept some pink underwear for yourself...

Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Once again I'm not talking about the illegals!! I'm talking about the US citizens that have been violated by Joe.

I'm also not talking about a border checkpoint, I'm talking about sweeps that target anyone who looks remotely Hispanic.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how Joe deals with the new heat that will surely come from the Obama Admin...

Good Luck Joe...hope you kept some pink underwear for yourself...
And the deepening recession may cause ICE to really 'crack the whip' against the illegals---------Sheriff Joe or not.

Similar operations were conducted during both the Great Depression as well as the 1950's.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the deepening recession may cause ICE to really 'crack the whip' against the illegals---------Sheriff Joe or not.

Similar operations were conducted during both the Great Depression as well as the 1950's.
Possible on the crackdown (Which I'm ok with) but I don't think Obama is going to give his stamp of approval on any racial profiling. If anything his focus will be on the border and stopping people there.

He won't be allowing people like Joe to violate the constitution... It is just not going to happen with him in office...Just look at his team that is shaping up. Clinton, Richardson, Napolitano (her position can make Joe's life a living hell), Holder, Cuéllar.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:37 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There isn't a vehicle on the road today without low-high tinted windows. Unless someone is driving with their windows down, it would be impossible to determine anyones skin color.
Windows? I think you'd be able to tell a lot just by the lowering kit, fugly oversized wheels, gaudy paint job, and religious window decal on the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration