U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I want to rebuild an old Dodge Charger. I don't think Dodges' new Hemi is anything like the old Hemi.
Have you seen the prices a vintage Charger can get? Better put a padlock on your garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Have you seen the prices a vintage Charger can get? Better put a padlock on your garage.

Oh yeah, also make sure you don't have those Fancy wide a$$ tires that are unsafe, you wouldn't want those getting stolen......

Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
It would not last long here in AZ thats for sure!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 04:32 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,886,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

Yeah, I'm all for older cars.

I also want to rebuild an old Ford Fairlane.

A Triumph TR-7.

And the list goes on and on! Cars today do not give me the WOW like older cars.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Oh yeah, also make sure you don't have those Fancy wide a$$ tires that are unsafe, you wouldn't want those getting stolen......
Are you talking about those ugly things that come about 5"+ from the side? Those are UGLY!

Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,260,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
30 years of law enforcement (vs Attorney info)...

Actually, reading ability is all that's required, did your career require higher education?

and yes, there are exceptions...keep your suggestions to yourself - your badge does not = intelligence. Are we in agreement?
No we are not. You quoted the fourth ammendment. The only thing that even comes close in the fourth ammendment is Terry v. Ohio and it just don't fit here. If your an attorney then "I GET IT". You made a statement and I pointed out an error. If your that thin skined then that's your problem. My education is of no concern to you. I've read your other posts here and it seems like if someone dosen't agree with you then it's obviously a problem, it's also clear to me that you don't care for people in law enorcement and that's O.K. with me. I've also noticed that when someone disagrees with you it seems you need to bring up their educational bacground. By the way I know some people with masters degrees that don't have the common sense that God gave to a billy goat, so i don't know where education actually comes in. The only thing I will say is I'll agree that we disagree.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Stay on topic, stop with personal remarks. This thread will be closed if you dont.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM

238 posts, read 131,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Stay on topic, stop with personal remarks. This thread will be closed if you dont.
A little info: (in case anybody's bored)

http://www.nbpc.net/ramos_compean/rebuttal_to_sutton.pdf (broken link)

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_...mos/index.html

Old 03-07-2007, 11:59 AM

238 posts, read 131,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
No we are not. You quoted the fourth ammendment. The only thing that even comes close in the fourth ammendment is Terry v. Ohio and it just don't fit here. If your an attorney then "I GET IT". You made a statement and I pointed out an error. If your that thin skined then that's your problem. My education is of no concern to you. I've read your other posts here and it seems like if someone dosen't agree with you then it's obviously a problem, it's also clear to me that you don't care for people in law enorcement and that's O.K. with me. I've also noticed that when someone disagrees with you it seems you need to bring up their educational bacground. By the way I know some people with masters degrees that don't have the common sense that God gave to a billy goat, so i don't know where education actually comes in. The only thing I will say is I'll agree that we disagree.

MYTH: 'Illegal Aliens do not have any constitutional rights'

"... courts have held that the 4th amendment to the Constitution protects all persons in the United Sates whether they are here legally or illegally. It is a violation to shoot an unarmed person who poses no threat to the shooter. This law applies regardless of Immigration status."

As for people in Law enforcement - I'm really skeptical (I respect the Cloak of Authority), but some of the characters that wear this cloak commit atrocities under that cloak. Having been a victim of Police Brutality - I'm a little 'on guard' .

Too many generations of being discriminated against, excluded and being on the receiving end of just plain racial meanness, has calloused my skin, so no, I'm not thinned skinned.

No, not an Attorney, just a College educated, Tax Paying, Viet Nam era veteran, with a stake in this country's well being.

Education just gives one the tools to fully utilize their God given abilities to the fullest.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Education just gives one the tools to fully utilize their God given abilities to the fullest.
Thinks about Michael Dell, and Bill Gates..

Wow, that statement is so full of BS you should wipe your mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or