Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM

452 posts, read 1,131,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
mountianboomer
Thank you for your opinion.

I feel the same way, however, variables out of our control are dividing this nation and it is based on bigotry.

I try to live my life according to positive standards, always strive to better myself and try not to judge others or expect others to live by my standards.
You come on to this forum and claim yourself as a "Texican"...You are the one that is dividing this nation. You are an American but claim to be something else. Bigotry? Not everyone's opinion about illegal immigration is based upon bigotry and to constantly use that as a rebuttal to peoples opinions on illegal immigration is weak...It shows that you truly cannot defend the issue of ILLEGAL immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 AM

238 posts, read 179,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
You come on to this forum and claim yourself as a "Texican"...You are the one that is dividing this nation. You are an American but claim to be something else. Bigotry? Not everyone's opinion about illegal immigration is based upon bigotry and to constantly use that as a rebuttal to peoples opinions on illegal immigration is weak...It shows that you truly cannot defend the issue of ILLEGAL immigration.
"...blah...blah...blah..." you're right, my opinion about illegal immigration is not based on bigotry.

And the reason I'm constantly using it as a Rebuttal ? To this f*&^ing day, there are people like you Chloedog, that think the world revolves around the race or people of ones' kind. How many Latinos, Asians, Blacks, or Native Americans are posting here? on this issue of immigration ?

- I think you are just Prejudice. I see all the negative stuff you see, "there but for the grace of God go I (or you!). So what else do you call it? Check out all the comments - Slanted opinions about members of the Human Race all trying to cloak the Racism under Legality. It's a thin veil!

So, C-dog, you are either naiive, uniformed or just hateful. Regardless, I'm here to provide different Input to these posts for a little more balance.

God Bless my Texas and America.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 AM

I am black

Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM

no c'dog you got it wrong, that was not one of the choices:

"...So, C-dog, you are either naiive, uniformed or just hateful..."

I didn't see that choice in there.

fyi: I am Mocca.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
How many Latinos, Asians, Blacks, or Native Americans are posting here? on this issue of immigration ?
It was a choice M-boomer, how naive are you to not even realize what you posted 5 minutes ago?

Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
mountianboomer
Take a look at these threads...Defend illigal immigration then.

-“Wasted” Lives: 4,380 Americans Murdered by Illegal Aliens Each Year!

-Immigrations Human Cost

Old 03-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
It was a choice M-boomer, how naive are you to not even realize what you posted 5 minutes ago?
Get all serious then...

a Medal is on the way!

'chloe' let me stereotype and say - is that name or monniker in the Black culture vocabulary? let me check the Ebonics library? Nope, don't see it there either.

Must be my bigotted 'intuition', from New York to Oakland, Detroit to Brownsville, only Chloe(s) I've met have been young Anglo girls.

I kinda of doubt what you posted, especially with some of the other posts you have provided. The first one that comes to mind was when you explained what 'barnpot, or barm...sumpin...pot' That implies an "anglo-perspective"

- so since you're black, do you know who Freddie Jackson is?

Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Chloe is the name of my dog...hence Chloedog. If you must know my niece named her.

Quote:
barmpot n. This is a wonderful word. Much as the sound suggests, a barmpot is a person who is clumsily idiotic. As with a lot of our less-than-complimentary words, it isn't really offensive - it's used more in goading fun than anything else. I'm told it has a derivation similar to that of barmy.
Its in the English-to-American Dictionary

I spent a year in England.

I am not the one "getting all serious", you are the one asking and I am simply answering your questions.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I kinda of doubt what you posted, especially with some of the other posts you have provided.
Take a look at this website and maybe...just maybe you will understand the posts that I have provided.

http://www.hermancain.com/

http://www.hermancain.com/news/press-opinion-121806.asp (broken link)

Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM

I tried to read it, Really boring stuff, rah-rah look at me!

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration