U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:59 AM

177 posts, read 528,278 times

Advertisements

No matter what your position I'm sure you would be outraged that
two border patrol officers and a sherrif are behind bars for doing
their jobs. Read this article and e-mail the white house
to free the Texas 3!! This was featured yesterday on America's Most
wanted. Please take the time to read and e-mail or call about this.

John Walsh: Take Action To Defend Border Patrol Agents
2/22/2007

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Every day in this country, thousands of men and women wake up, kiss their families good-bye as they head to work – and don't know if their loved ones will ever see them again. They're the men and woman on the front lines of law enforcement, people who know that at any moment they may be asked to put their lives on the line to protect us – and they do it willingly.

I've seen their dedication first-hand countless times, working with officers from the smallest rural sheriff's office to the biggest federal agency. We owe them more than we can ever repay. At the very least, we owe them our gratitude. That's why I'm so upset at the way our government has treated Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos, two U.S. Border Patrol Agents.

Clashes With Illegal Immigrants
Over the past decade, agents have been involved in a growing number of gun battles with drug runners on the U.S. side of our border with Mexico. In February, 2005, Agents Compean and Ramos were chasing an illegal immigrant accused of smuggling drugs into our country. The man turned, and the agents believed they saw a gun in his hand so they opened fire. They appeared to have missed, since the guy kept running, jumped into the Rio Grande, then surfaced on the other side in Mexico, where he got into a car and sped off. He left behind one million dollars' worth of marijuana in an abandoned vehicle. To my mind, Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos did a good day's work. A U.S. Attorney named Johnny Sutton thinks otherwise. When the accused smuggler turned up a month later, claiming to have been wounded by the agents, Sutton prosecuted the lawmen on gun charges and for violating the man's civil rights, and persuaded a jury to convict them.

Mr. Sutton claims he is simply doing his job with these prosecutions. I think that attitude is, at best, disingenuous. While the U.S. Attorney's office is responsible for bringing charges against the two federal agents, those charges should be commensurate with the crimes committed. These agents shot at a drug smuggler while he was escaping the scene of his crime. For that they should have been censured. Instead, Sutton's office brought charges requiring a minimum of ten years in federal prison and ruined the lives of some dedicated law enforcement officers and their families.

And they're not the only ones. I recently learned about a young sheriff's deputy in Texas named Gilmer Hernandez, who opened fire in an attempt to stop an SUV that first ran a red light, then, in his opinion, tried to run him down. The SUV turned out to be full of illegal immigrants. One of them was hiding above the vehicle's wheel well, and was slightly injured. Once again, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton's office prosecuted the lawman for violating civil rights, and now Deputy Hernandez, too, is behind bars.

What You Can Do
This is nothing less than a miscarriage of justice. I'm not sure what's at play here, if it's political, if there's international pressure from Mexico, an overzealous prosecutor, or something else that we're not being told. But I do know this: these dedicated men, who put their lives on the line to protect all of us, have been put in prison simply for doing their jobs. I'm calling on President Bush to pardon Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, and Deputy Gilmer Hernendez. Make your voice heard, too. You can email the White House at this address: comments@whitehouse.gov. Tell the president that these men deserve our thanks, not the raw deal they've been given.

God Bless,

John Walsh

P.S.

Do you think the U.S. Attorney's office in Western Texas is enforcing the law correctly? Do you feel that the law enforcement agents they've prosecuted don't deserve the punishment they received and should be pardoned?

Many viewers of America's Most Wanted have asked who they can contact regarding their views on what's going on at the U.S. Mexico Border. Here's your chance to be heard!

You can call the switchboard at the U.S Capitol at 202-225-3121, ask for your congressman, and tell them what you think. Or you can email the White House at comments@whitehouse.gov

Last edited by la quinta family; 02-25-2007 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 09:58 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,020,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
No matter what your position I'm sure you would be outraged that
two border patrol officers and a sherrif are behind bars for doing
their jobs. Read this article and e-mail the white house
to free the Texas 3!! This was featured yesterday on America's Most
wanted. Please take the time to read and e-mail or call about this.

John Walsh: Take Action To Defend Border Patrol Agents
2/22/2007

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Every day in this country, thousands of men and women wake up, kiss their families good-bye as they head to work – and don't know if their loved ones will ever see them again. They're the men and woman on the front lines of law enforcement, people who know that at any moment they may be asked to put their lives on the line to protect us – and they do it willingly.

I've seen their dedication first-hand countless times, working with officers from the smallest rural sheriff's office to the biggest federal agency. We owe them more than we can ever repay. At the very least, we owe them our gratitude. That's why I'm so upset at the way our government has treated Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos, two U.S. Border Patrol Agents.

Clashes With Illegal Immigrants
Over the past decade, agents have been involved in a growing number of gun battles with drug runners on the U.S. side of our border with Mexico. In February, 2005, Agents Compean and Ramos were chasing an illegal immigrant accused of smuggling drugs into our country. The man turned, and the agents believed they saw a gun in his hand so they opened fire. They appeared to have missed, since the guy kept running, jumped into the Rio Grande, then surfaced on the other side in Mexico, where he got into a car and sped off. He left behind one million dollars' worth of marijuana in an abandoned vehicle. To my mind, Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos did a good day's work. A U.S. Attorney named Johnny Sutton thinks otherwise. When the accused smuggler turned up a month later, claiming to have been wounded by the agents, Sutton prosecuted the lawmen on gun charges and for violating the man's civil rights, and persuaded a jury to convict them.

Mr. Sutton claims he is simply doing his job with these prosecutions. I think that attitude is, at best, disingenuous. While the U.S. Attorney's office is responsible for bringing charges against the two federal agents, those charges should be commensurate with the crimes committed. These agents shot at a drug smuggler while he was escaping the scene of his crime. For that they should have been censured. Instead, Sutton's office brought charges requiring a minimum of ten years in federal prison and ruined the lives of some dedicated law enforcement officers and their families.

And they're not the only ones. I recently learned about a young sheriff's deputy in Texas named Gilmer Hernandez, who opened fire in an attempt to stop an SUV that first ran a red light, then, in his opinion, tried to run him down. The SUV turned out to be full of illegal immigrants. One of them was hiding above the vehicle's wheel well, and was slightly injured. Once again, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton's office prosecuted the lawman for violating civil rights, and now Deputy Hernandez, too, is behind bars.

What You Can Do
This is nothing less than a miscarriage of justice. I'm not sure what's at play here, if it's political, if there's international pressure from Mexico, an overzealous prosecutor, or something else that we're not being told. But I do know this: these dedicated men, who put their lives on the line to protect all of us, have been put in prison simply for doing their jobs. I'm calling on President Bush to pardon Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, and Deputy Gilmer Hernendez. Make your voice heard, too. You can email the White House at this address: comments@whitehouse.gov. Tell the president that these men deserve our thanks, not the raw deal they've been given.

God Bless,

John Walsh

P.S.

Do you think the U.S. Attorney's office in Western Texas is enforcing the law correctly? Do you feel that the law enforcement agents they've prosecuted don't deserve the punishment they received and should be pardoned?

Many viewers of America's Most Wanted have asked who they can contact regarding their views on what's going on at the U.S. Mexico Border. Here's your chance to be heard!

You can call the switchboard at the U.S Capitol at 202-225-3121, ask for your congressman, and tell them what you think. Or you can email the White House at comments@whitehouse.gov

Here's an article that may shed some light on why the agents were prosecuted in the first place. Our govt is as crooked as Mexico.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54243

Old 02-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Here's an article that may shed some light on why the agents were prosecuted in the first place. Our govt is as crooked as Mexico.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=54243
Wow, what a dirty deed but why would our government sell our
border agents and also the sheriff down the river over some drug
runners? I advice everyone to call the Capital and the White House
to DEMAND Justice for these border control agents and the sheriff.
Only with alot of pressure will these guys be set free.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
Wow, what a dirty deed but why would our government sell our
border agents and also the sheriff down the river over some drug
runners? I advice everyone to call the Capital and the White House
to DEMAND Justice for these border control agents and the sheriff.
Only with alot of pressure will these guys be set free.

It's not just about the runners that cross the border, we have some very dirty people in our govt. There's other articles where Homeland Security admitted giving false information to help get these agents convicted. There's a lot going on right now trying to get these agents released, but Bush is ignoring it.

Another article on govt cover up, I could go on and on with these type of articles. This article is long.

http://www.madcowprod.com/07052006.html

Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,835,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Bush is ignoring it.
He's good at doing that!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
He's good at doing that!
He's certainly one of the best at ignoring something that don't fit his agenda, after all he is the decider...lol.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:03 AM

You can also name the Judge who sentenced the agents...
Judge Benavidas and denied them bond as they appeal the
sentence and then had everything sealed so you and I would
not be aware...

And the prosecuter Johnny Sutton 5askdoj.gov 202-514-2000

And the prison director who failed to put the guards in protected
custody and one has already been attacked while the pisoners
were yelling "border Patrol guard" in spanish so they knew who they
were. info@dop.gov or phone 202-307-3198

Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM

2/26/2007

Two U.S. Border Patrol Agents are serving decade long
prison terms for attempting to apprehend a known drug
smuggler for illegally crossing our border with more than
700lbs. of drugs!

Almost as outrageous is that the illegal alien drug
smuggler, who was given free medical care, and immunity
for testifying against the agents is now suing the U.S. for
$5 million--claiming his civil rights were violated!

I have just signed a petition calling for the President
to pardon these two Border Agents and I'm asking you to
join with me by clicking here for the full story and the petition:

http://www.grassfire.org/142/petitio...12562144&NID=1
Thanks!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 AM

Thumbs down U.S. Attorney

Fourth Johnny Sutton Victim Reveals
Dangerous Pattern Against Border Agents
Former Border Agent Gary Brugman Shares Story Of How Sutton
Relentlessly Pursued Prosecution For Minor Non-Incident

Chesapeake, VA --With members of Congress calling for an investigation and mistrial in the cases of imprisoned border agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean due to malfeasance by U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton, yet another Johnny Sutton victim is stepping forward to help expose a dangerous pattern of abuse against border agents.

Following a minor non-incident during an apprehension of about a dozen illegals, border patrol agent Gary Brugman was investigated for 18 months by Sutton’s office and spent two years in prison for violating the illegal’s civil rights. During an interview with Grassfire.org President Steve Elliott -- posted exclusively on FireSociety.com -- Brugman said, “[The U.S. Attorneys] are very, very powerful people. They eat federal agents for breakfast, especially this U.S. Attorney’s office.” To listen to the interview: http://www.firesociety.com/blog/100/ElliottBlog/ (broken link)

What was Brugman’s crime? During an attempt to apprehend 12 illegal aliens, Brugman used his foot to keep two of the illegals from trying to escape. When the apprehended illegals were taken to the border patrol station for processing, one noticed a sign encouraging them to report alleged abuse by a border patrol agent. A complaint was filed which launched an 18-month investigation by Sutton’s team.

In order to have a case, Sutton had to demonstrate “bodily injury.” According to Steve Elliott, “Court documents say the illegal alien ‘felt pain’ at the time of the incident and ‘experienced residual pain for approximately three days after the incident.’ And for this Sutton worked tirelessly to send a Coast Guard veteran and border agent to federal prison.”

Noting that deputy sheriff Gilmer Hernandez also fell victim to Sutton, Elliott says, “It’s time to end Sutton’s pattern of attacking our law enforcement. We are calling for a full investigation of Sutton’s office and a Justice Department review of every Sutton case involving law enforcement.”

I think this scum bag is on someones payroll south of the border.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM

238 posts, read 17,184 times
The 1st generation of Sheep are underachievers who got hired by the Border Patrol (you've seen the employment requirements right?). And the facts are - they violated the Law - what part of "broke the law" needs explaining?

These sheep tried to take advantage of someone - thinking that 'no-one will side with the drug pusher' - how dramatic, for hauling God's good Herb the Sheep with a badge can take advantage of Human Rights. I don't think so - and neither did the Judicial community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration