U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

"The War of 1848 may yet be lost"

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Those of us who are occasional history buffs may remember that it came about because of a boundary dispute with Mexico.

It ultimately resulted in the invasion of Mexico and the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo which ceded the territory of what is now New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California to the United States.

Apparently this has never sat well with Mexico and the ceded territory continues to be referred to as “Occupied Mexico.”

This in turn creates an attitude that it is OK to enter America illegally--it really belongs to us anyway.

Fast forward to 2008 and what we may be observing in illegal immigration is a not so subtle response to the outcome of the 1848 War some 160 years later.

As the saying goes “what goes around comes around.”

Thus, we presently have an invasion of the United States, not by the Mexican Army which would not stand a chance against the United States Army and which would invite another invasion of Mexico, but by an army of illegals aided and abetted by the Mexican government, drug users, U.S. politicians and the so-called do-gooders espousing humanitarian goals.

The numbers of this invasion are variously cited as being from 12 to 20 plus million and climbing.

The impact of it on our infrastructure, our schools, our hospitals and our communities generally is overwhelming and in many cases devastating.

The possibility of it being permanent is real, largely because it served so many powerful interest in America. The taxpayers will pay!
Green Valley News & Sun - News > News > Guest Comment: The War of 1848 may yet be lost (http://www.gvnews.com/articles/2008/11/19/news/news13.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Yet the Mexicans seem to forget that the Hispanics conquered what is now Mexico first.

Too: why is there no desire on the part of Mexico to take back Guatemala? That nation broke free after 1821 as well.

Actually: if I were Mexico; I would be petrified about losing even more territory to the USA---------especially if the former nation implodes in civil war due to the drug cartels.

I still honestly believe that the USA will finish the job that was started in 1848 within the next 20 years.

Side note: the worst thing that may occur if the 'reconquista' succeeds is due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture-----------the Mestizos would lose most of their rights with the Anglos becoming the patrons.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Good grief

Old 11-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yet the Mexicans seem to forget that the Hispanics conquered what is now Mexico first.

Too: why is there no desire on the part of Mexico to take back Guatemala? That nation broke free after 1821 as well.

Actually: if I were Mexico; I would be petrified about losing even more territory to the USA---------especially if the former nation implodes in civil war due to the drug cartels.

I still honestly believe that the USA will finish the job that was started in 1848 within the next 20 years.

Side note: the worst thing that may occur if the 'reconquista' succeeds is due to the White supremacy of Hispanic culture-----------the Mestizos would lose most of their rights with the Anglos becoming the patrons.
Even though the President of Mexico is a mestizo. You seem to be pretty ignorant about Mexico, and jump to a lot of conclusions based on a very limited knowledge.

Sound just like all the fools who are terrified of Obama becoming president, thinking Blacks are going to takeover, riot, commit more crime, make laws preferrable to Black people. It's paranoia.

I do agree with one thing, we definitely do need to improve our school system. The results of a poor education are sad.......

Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Even though the President of Mexico is a mestizo. You seem to be pretty ignorant about Mexico, and jump to a lot of conclusions based on a very limited knowledge.

Sound just like all the fools who are terrified of Obama becoming president, thinking Blacks are going to takeover, riot, commit more crime, make laws preferrable to Black people. It's paranoia.

I do agree with one thing, we definitely do need to improve our school system. The results of a poor education are sad.......
I keep forgetting that Obamas Black, Worried about Blacks taking over? If the Blacks ever did take over as you stated, I'll just say, the Illegals and their enablers better start running.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I keep forgetting that Obamas Black, Worried about Blacks taking over? If the Blacks ever did take over as you stated, I'll just say, the Illegals and their enablers better start running.
As I stated? Did you even read the post? Or did you skim it in a hurry to respond?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Priceless comeback!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Priceless comeback!
Agreed, but probably for different reasons.

I just wish I'd gotten a "Comeback" on the Chicago's Top 10 thread.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Agreed, but probably for different reasons.

I just wish I'd gotten a "Comeback" on the Chicago's Top 10 thread.
There's a reason for everything.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM

109 posts, read 206,042 times
Okay, let me offer my insight here.
I'm a descendant of illegal immigrants, on both sides of my family, my CAUCASION/EUROPEAN side and my LATINO/HISPANIC side. I am half and half.

My EUROPEAN ancestors, as my geneology traces back, goes to some of the first settlers in the thirteen colonies when it was still owned by Britain. They sure came over here illegally; those Native Americans did NOT invite the Europeans in and said, here, take our land!
That said, here's another point I need to make.

MY GREAT-GRANDPARENTS SURE AS HELL WERE NOT THINKING ABOUT TAKING OVER THE U.S. BACK TO MEXICO. THEY WERE NOT THINKING - HEY, WE OWNED IT, WE DESERVE OUR RIGHT TO LIVE HERE.

They thought about having a better life, getting higher wages, having better chances for better lives for their children. And look, they did not go on waving Mexican flags and bent on making the United States a Mexico - they assimilated. Look at me today, I don't even speak Spanish! My dad, a full Mexican-American descended from my great-grandparents who entered this country illegally, married a European woman, and gets paid over 100K a year. I have gone to the fourth best public school in the nation!
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WILL ADAPT TO THE UNITED STATES - they will not force their culture upon you. They just want a better life.

(And now, I'm gonna recieve some posts saying crap like 'Immigrants don't want a better life Blabbling,Blabbling,Blabbling'. How would you know? Are you an immigrant? Then shut up.)

I hope most of you will make this into a intelligent discussion rather than just flaming me (I don't think you all will at all, but still...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration