U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:59 PM

11,617 posts, read 31,815,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
If you are just talking about Memphis, then there is a big territory you're missing. Memphis is the largest city in the state, but with so much rural area in west TN, it surely doesn't appear to be overpopulated to me. Dirty? Unless you count the farmland soil as "dirt", this part of TN is unlikely to be any dirtier than anywhere else on the map.
Actually, I consider much of West Tennessee to be "dirty" too, but by that I mean run-down. Other than a few spots here and there (such as the parts of Jackson along I-40 and a portion of Dyersburg) it seems that most West Tennessee towns are languishing, decaying. Not all, of course, but definitely when compared to the rest of Tennessee. (The same can be said for towns in eastern Arkansas and northwest Mississippi, other than DeSoto County.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 PM

8 posts, read 49,492 times
Default Memphis is Not a Representation of West Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTrish1022 View Post
The western part of the state is way over populated and dirty, maybe I'm jus talking about memphis but its all the same--jus nasty
I have lived in West Tn most of my life and I am here to tell you that Memphis is not even on the same planet as where I grew up. Think more like "Children of the Corn"!

Really, there is absolute beauty in peace and tranquility, being related to almost everyone you know, and the rest know your daddy!!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 49,492 times
Default Tennessee Attitudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman View Post
I have really enjoyed reading the threads in this forum since I found it in early Jan. I have been to Tenn. several times in the past 35 years, from the Smokies to Knoxville to Murfreesboro to Paris to Union City and assorted stops in between. I've purposly avoided the larger cities as I live in one now and can't wait to escape.(literaly) Whatever part of Tenn. I was in, I found the people friendly, outgoing and helpful. I'll admit there were some awkward moments getting around each others accents, but things always worked out. Last summer, I spent two weeks in NW Tenn. (Kentucky Lake area) and plan on returning this spring. I see by this forum that very little is mentioned about western areas and when they are, the response seems to be mostly negative. Am I missing something?
In many places here in Tennessee unless you are FROM here or someone knows "your people" (meaning your ancestors, etc I guess) they treat you as an outsider. I am originally from Union City in West Tennessee (God's Country) but moved to northern middle Tn after marriage. I found that Southern Hospitality is more hospitable in North West Tennessee. Around the Ky Lake area they are especially sensitive to "Yankees" until they get to know you.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,191 times
Default the mexican invasion

Somebody please help us. We are being invaded by illegal mexicans here in West Tennessee. I am in Dyersburg. We have 5 mexican restaurants in this small town. All of them are underground railroads for illegal mexicans. You know something is wrong when the number of mexican restaurants out numbers McDonalds, of which we only have two here in Dyersburg. They are drowning our town with their drugs and violence. Police here aren't trained to handle this situation. Most of our police have never been to the police academy. Our neighborhoods are being destroyed. Our property values are declining rapidly. Many of our local businesses are hiring illegals to work for much less than they have to compensate a tax paying American. These businesses are evading taxes by using these illegal workers. Our town is not growing because it is being choked to death by the illegal hands of foreign invaders. Instead of sending American troops to foreign lands, use our American troops to secure our own borders against foreign peoples. It is a mistake for our government to ignore the fact that illegal aliens are destroying this great nation.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM

60 posts, read 313,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnatch View Post
Somebody please help us. We are being invaded by illegal mexicans here in West Tennessee. I am in Dyersburg. We have 5 mexican restaurants in this small town. All of them are underground railroads for illegal mexicans. You know something is wrong when the number of mexican restaurants out numbers McDonalds, of which we only have two here in Dyersburg. They are drowning our town with their drugs and violence. Police here aren't trained to handle this situation. Most of our police have never been to the police academy. Our neighborhoods are being destroyed. Our property values are declining rapidly. Many of our local businesses are hiring illegals to work for much less than they have to compensate a tax paying American. These businesses are evading taxes by using these illegal workers. Our town is not growing because it is being choked to death by the illegal hands of foreign invaders. Instead of sending American troops to foreign lands, use our American troops to secure our own borders against foreign peoples. It is a mistake for our government to ignore the fact that illegal aliens are destroying this great nation.
Why don't you tell the INS to lock up the employers who keep inviting the Mexicans to your town? The Mexicans are there because somebody's paying them. If you lived in Mexico and lost your farm due to NAFTA you'd go El Norte too. Don't blame the Mexicans for doing what everybody else does. Blame the employers for skirting the IRS and INS laws and not doing immigration checks. Remember, one employer equals dozens of employees.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,180 times
I grew up in Dyersburg but now live in Jackson. Love it here.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 PM

23 posts, read 128,930 times
Quote:
Greetings,
Many towns and areas of the U.S. are having the same problems as you described. The trouble is the government including INS truely does not care. Their hands are tied by the congress and president who is lobbied by the Corporations and big business. It is all driven by the dollar. Good Luck.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM

141 posts, read 893,391 times
Quote:
Somebody please help us. We are being invaded by illegal mexicans here in West Tennessee. I am in Dyersburg. We have 5 mexican restaurants in this small town. All of them are underground railroads for illegal mexicans. You know something is wrong when the number of mexican restaurants out numbers McDonalds, of which we only have two here in Dyersburg. They are drowning our town with their drugs and violence. Our town is not growing because it is being choked to death by the illegal hands of foreign invaders.
Dyersburg property values are down because of:

1. Nationwide real estate price slump
2. Rise in unemployment due to industry leaving (Bekaert, Dyersburg Fabrics, etc)

I just don't see the problem there with illegal aliens. There isn't a lot that they can do around there, and the area's economic outlook isn't exactly flying off the charts...illegal aliens mostly want to locate where there are a lot of jobs to be had. Look at Atlanta, for example.

I think the fact that there are five mexican restaurants is an indication that people like *gasp* foreign food. I have eaten at El Patio and Los Portales; both are good and both were populated 100% by white and black patrons. They even have some gringo employees, if I'm not mistaken.

And if I remember correctly, the two biggest drug problems in Dyer County are methamphetamine and pot. Both of which are being produced locally by the local "white people", as they have been doing for years. So I wouldn't exactly go on and blame the immigrants for all of your perceived societal ills. Sure, illegal immigration is a problem, but it is more a management problem than a on/off problem. Our armed forces have a lot more important things to do than shoot Mexicans at the border who just want a job pushing a broom.

I just looked at the State Gazette online, and the news was all in all pretty uneventful. Looks like not a lot has changed in good old D-Burg.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM

11,617 posts, read 31,815,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Bloom View Post
Dyersburg property values are down because of:

1. Nationwide real estate price slump
2. Rise in unemployment due to industry leaving (Bekaert, Dyersburg Fabrics, etc)

I just don't see the problem there with illegal aliens. There isn't a lot that they can do around there, and the area's economic outlook isn't exactly flying off the charts...illegal aliens mostly want to locate where there are a lot of jobs to be had. Look at Atlanta, for example.

I think the fact that there are five mexican restaurants is an indication that people like *gasp* foreign food. I have eaten at El Patio and Los Portales; both are good and both were populated 100% by white and black patrons. They even have some gringo employees, if I'm not mistaken.

And if I remember correctly, the two biggest drug problems in Dyer County are methamphetamine and pot. Both of which are being produced locally by the local "white people", as they have been doing for years. So I wouldn't exactly go on and blame the immigrants for all of your perceived societal ills. Sure, illegal immigration is a problem, but it is more a management problem than a on/off problem. Our armed forces have a lot more important things to do than shoot Mexicans at the border who just want a job pushing a broom.

I just looked at the State Gazette online, and the news was all in all pretty uneventful. Looks like not a lot has changed in good old D-Burg.
I agree with what you said EXCEPT for the part about illegal immigrants not going where the economy isn't good. If that were the case, then why are such high-unemployment places such as Memphis, Morristown and McMinnville inundated with illegal immigrants?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,055 times
Exclamation Mexican Invasion

I have seen the damages done by the Mexican invasion in other states than Tennessee.

They are educated in such that there intent is to out populate, and infiltrate our cultural structure though their un civilized
practices of having large numbers of off spring. Persons interpreting laws
have aided them in their objectives.

In Some area of the United States
it is almost impossible for a person loyal to the Untied States to be employed, and if they were employed in those areas, it would be a
hostile environment for that individual.

There are now entire areas that the Mexicans have taken over, where
all of the stores including the large grocery stores signs are all in Mexican.

Many employers ads seeking employees freely state must be bilingual! This violates me as an American, my ability to be employed with equal rights and equal opportunity. Bilingualism only mean 2 languages, but this term is used to hire Mexican loyalists.

American Advocates in Action Must

1. Unite, to regain control of our country and our borders!
2. Petition our local areas with laws enforcing illegal hiring of illegal
Aliens, or immigrants. Punish employers with Federal criminal charges for hiring these illegal immigrants. Yes a felony! And a large fine, as much as 30% of the annual income.
3. Petitions can be constructed by attorneys and advocates of US, state and county law. For county petitions, which is a good start, the initiative must be filed in that county. Getting the petition onto the ballet is great because the majority decides.

Do not wait until it is too late, or until the majority is Mexican loyalists!

You must act now! I am serious!

4. Build a Illegal alien prison facility. Our criminal laws for our citizens
are for American criminals. Aliens should not be housed with our Americans. The Aliens should work for the right to be exported. A minimum of one year hard labor in our new foreign nationalist prison camps under military law. A felony should be placed on their international record of treason, with intent to taint our Constitution, ( First offense ) Second offense, High treason, with a minimum of 5 years hard labor under military law in our new foreign invasion prison facility. Third offense, capitol punishment in states that allow this type of sentencing.

5. In order to accomplish the largest objectives, sometimes the best way
is to start small. A petition to punish employers is probably the easiest way to get the ball rolling. Like I said, it is too late in some areas of our country. It has to start where America Still Lives!

KK

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or