U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM

340 posts, read 669,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
Geez... not again. The damn question all over the forums... are there illegals here, are there illegals there... I'm not moving here if there are illegals, I'm not moving there if there are illegals... but I'm not racist, listen, don't get my question wrong... I just don't want to live near an illegal Mexican... but I am not prejudiced against anybody... my gosh. It never ends. Always the same discourse.

Well, I think a good answer for this question would be:

Yes, there are PLENTY of illegals in all of America, from Alaska to Hawaii and throughout every one of the 48 contiguous states. So we probably need not ask the question again.

Yes, illegals are annoying, but no, stupid illegals do not necessarily make a place worse for living.

New York City is chock-full of illegals, and we're still the capital of the world and greatesty city on earth. Illegals make our beds, deliver our pizzas and clean our bathrooms. Yes, they should get a green card and speak English, this is America, dammit, but I'm certainly not going to move out because of the one million illegals living in New York. They do not affect my life. If anything, they make it easier (this is not the SoCal Gang Land, you know).

If illegal aliens are what you base your living preference upon, I'm afraid you may have to move out of the United States, or just deal with it.

Let's take it easy, we all.
Manhattan-ite,

You came off a little strong (not to say that is wrong) since it was a valid, reasonable question, but I doubt any of the posters who are on this topic did the dastardly deed of taking a little reputation from you. It was probably just an Illegal who didn't like being called a "Stupid Illegal"...LOL !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 PM

500 posts, read 2,673,352 times
Thanks a ton, Dir Drill! I sure am grateful to you!

Random acts of kindness feel doubly good.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM

166 posts, read 906,266 times
New York City is chock-full of illegals, and we're still the capital of the world and greatesty city on earth. Illegals make our beds, deliver our pizzas and clean our bathrooms. Yes, they should get a green card and speak English, this is America, dammit, but I'm certainly not going to move out because of the one million illegals living in New York. They do not affect my life. If anything, they make it easier (this is not the SoCal Gang Land, you know).

What I am trying to understand is the reason why so many people make the correlation that a human being from another country is only good for us to clean our toilets, wash our cars and do our dirty work. They still are human beings. Look, I'm not in favor for illegal or legal immigration at this point, until they fix the system. However, I do think that a human being, is still worth more than just being classified as a maid, or housekeeper or car washer.

They were raised in poor countries without education. Imagine if you came from a poor country without education. Perhaps you might end up as a maid, housekeeper or car washer. They are still human beings, with real problems. The new problem is that many of them are not growing, and are putting a heavy load on hospitals (many hospitals in CA have gone bankrupt due to illegals) and American taxpayers in general.

I still think a human being is a human being, regardless of what condition they came from. But, as an American, I think our Government has to realize that the immigration polices are not helping the American's that were born and raised here. It's getting to the point where people are fed up of this. Who ever heard of hospitals going bankrupted because of illegal immigrants? I never heard of that when I was growing up, but now it's a common problem. And guess who is paying the higher medical rates? You are! Your paying higher medical bills to compensate for illegal immigrants. Your medical bills are going up and your health insurance is going up because of this.

What about property taxes in Florida? A lot of this has to due with illegal immigration. There is no way anybody is going to tell me that a median sized homeowner, is going to pay about an extra 1k a month in property taxes due to the rising costs of whatever??. Don't usually hear what the rising costs are except in the form of police, firemen and schools. Yeah, illegals use those services! The problem falls on immigration. Many immigrants don't pay taxes but use our schools and hospitals. We have so many illegal immigrants desperate for a way in here. But, if government doesn't do anything many people I feel are going to revolt. They are just fed up of it. If you go to other states where they don't have a serious illegal problem, I noticed that property taxes usually are ok. Notice higher property taxes wherever illegals are. Higher medical insurance rates, higher medical bills. Don't you see a pattern? Do the research...check it out for yourself. Check out just how high the bankruptcy rates are in CA for hospitals. Who do you think is paying for it? The whole system is headed for a downward spiral, unless we change the system of taxation. I think if we can get the illegals to pay, much of this can be avoided. We have a taxation bill that has been discussed that includes getting rid of property taxes, and instead, raising the sales tax. That means all illegals will pay! I personally love that idea. It's fair for everybody and will also make housing affordable for middle class again!

Last edited by Angelrocks; 04-03-2007 at 11:29 AM..

Old 04-03-2007, 02:10 PM

238 posts, read 131,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
If that makes you happy, the Burlington Free Press reported last February 14 that Vermont has fewer illegal Mexicanos than any other state in New England. But in dealing with aliens, Vermont is the toughest state, detaining and deporting more of them than any state around.

I don't want to post links that may break forum rules, but you can find the information at www.burlingtonfreepress.com, and then typing "illegals".

Vermont has fewer illegal Mexicanos, cool. How about central americanos, south americanos, costa ricans, puerto ricans, salvadorians, guatema('ians) -
Oh hell, I ain't going there if you got them there types!

aliens, what a label. I like pilgrims, extraterrestials, emigrants, immigrants, but aliens? Oh well - must be an Anglo world we live in.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,651 times
Webster's New World Dictionary.....

alien..(1) foreign (2) not natural; strange (3) of aliens--n.-- (1) a foreigner (2) a foreign born resident who is not naturalized (3) a hypothetical being from outer space

Sounds like they are aliens to me.....

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
"Pennies in a stream;
Falling leaves; a Sycamore;
Illegal immigration in Vermont....

Gentle finger waves..
Ski trails down a mountainside
Illegal immigration in Vermont"...

Etc etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or