Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Why the eye roll? Most immigrants that come to this country do actually want a better life.
Quote:
They want a better life and more opportunities for their children than they themselves were afforded
Try: "They want a better life and more opportunities for their children than they themselves CAN afforded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:37 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times
Illegal is Illegal, the ol' "seeking a better life" argument is not a valid one.
But, people lets face it, we've LOST the war against illegal immigration, somehow, I don't know how, but somehow we're all just going to forced to deal with it....Illegal Immigrants WILL flood your schools, your parks, your streets, your malls, your towns. BELIEVE ME! I'm in California, born and raised, and in the last ten years the numbers of illegal immigrants hanging around is simply staggering. They hang around virtually every major street corner, and at ALL the hardware stores and lumber yards....looking for work....The Illegal Immigrants are HERE...NOW...and if your local police try to actually do something about it...NOW, they're going to run afoul of the Federal Government....just like in Arizona.
I can only suggest that your STATE start doing something about the problem and do so with the greatest possible speed. Oklahoma has passed quite a few laws recently to try to stop the flow of Illgals, and so have some other states, but these may end up in court, thanks to the ACLU and who knows what other nuts suing....for Illegal Immigrant "rights"....

Sad....

Old 11-26-2008, 08:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Illegal is Illegal, the ol' "seeking a better life" argument is not a valid one.
But, people lets face it, we've LOST the war against illegal immigration, somehow, I don't know how, but somehow we're all just going to forced to deal with it....Illegal Immigrants WILL flood your schools, your parks, your streets, your malls, your towns. BELIEVE ME! I'm in California, born and raised, and in the last ten years the numbers of illegal immigrants hanging around is simply staggering. They hang around virtually every major street corner, and at ALL the hardware stores and lumber yards....looking for work....The Illegal Immigrants are HERE...NOW...and if you local police try to actually do something about it...NOW, they're going to run afoul of the Federal Government....
I can only suggest that you STATE start doing something about the problem and do so with the greatest possible speed. Oklahoma has done passed quite a few laws, and so have some other states, but these may end up in court, thanks to the ACLU and who knows what other nuts suing....for Illegal Immigrant "rights"....

Sad....
Not here in Arizona: with each atrocity that an illegal commits-----------the harder law enforcement cracks down on the rest of 'em.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibaba1 View Post
I thought Latin Kings, MS-13, Surenos, and Mexican Mafia were American gangs.
Just because they reside in American doesn't mean that they're American.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:58 AM

956 posts, read 3,002,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Just because they reside in American doesn't mean that they're American.
They're certainly not my kind of American.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:25 PM

23 posts, read 87,349 times
As a native of Shelbyville, I can totally relate. Not only is the town becoming overrun, but you can't even shop at Wal-Mart after dark without being stared at or followed around by Mexican men. I know several people who have been in a car accident involving a mexican and they almost never have insurance and 9 times out of 10, their ids are fake. We also have a huge problem with drunk driving and the mexicans. It's really sad and I don't think the cops know what to do. There was talk of ICE placing people here, but I don't know if that ever happened. And it doesn't help that the priest at the Catholic church enables this behavior by allowing them to hang around the Central Latino all day, waiting for work on a farm. They're always there. It really makes me miss my once safe little town!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:45 PM

217 posts, read 513,172 times
A whopping 47% of all gang members in the United States are Hispanic even though Hispanics make up only 15% of the general U.S population.
Gangs in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And you know the percentage gang members who are Hispanic will be even higher than 47% by 2050. No wonder Hispanics will never reach model minority status.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:47 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneLaw1974 View Post
As a native of Shelbyville, I can totally relate. Not only is the town becoming overrun, but you can't even shop at Wal-Mart after dark without being stared at or followed around by Mexican men. I know several people who have been in a car accident involving a mexican and they almost never have insurance and 9 times out of 10, their ids are fake. We also have a huge problem with drunk driving and the mexicans. It's really sad and I don't think the cops know what to do. There was talk of ICE placing people here, but I don't know if that ever happened. And it doesn't help that the priest at the Catholic church enables this behavior by allowing them to hang around the Central Latino all day, waiting for work on a farm. They're always there. It really makes me miss my once safe little town!
As a prospective Kentuckian, i'm sorry your beloved Shelbyville has faced what many once-nice towns in the DC area are going through with illegal aliens. Stories like yours is why we are so passionate in fighting illegal immigration.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:02 PM

23 posts, read 87,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
As a prospective Kentuckian, i'm sorry your beloved Shelbyville has faced what many once-nice towns in the DC area are going through with illegal aliens. Stories like yours is why we are so passionate in fighting illegal immigration.

I appreciate your understanding-don't get me wrong, I love my town, I just don't like what's happening to it. I wish ICE would show up and ship them all out! The schools are overrun as well! It's really sad, but I still wouldn't want to live in a big city. Good luck in your area!

Old 01-29-2009, 05:09 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
If you were to get on forums for most of the countries with aging populations, wouldn't it be ditto, ditto, ditto?

One of the solutions to this whole mess is to increase the fertility rate of the natives. From what I've read it's only France, in Europe, who is succeding in increasing their fertility rate, but at a great price to the country, just to add some more white skin. Free day care, tax breaks, rail discounts, etc. We could do it here but it would be costly, but weigh the cost of illegals in the country and do a cost comparison. Wouldn't it be cheaper to offer free day care and tax breaks to families who have more children? If we had done this long ago we wouldn't be in this predicament. No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration