Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM

25 posts, read 76,695 times

Advertisements

You have got to be kidding me! I am just outraged that our government would allow banks, Bank of America for now to issue credit cards and loans to illegal immigrants with no social security #'s. Many US citizens can't get a credit card but a illegal immigrant can.
Just when I think it can't get worse, another insult and slap in the face of the hard working, tax paying U.S. citizen.
A down right sell out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 07:01 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
All they need is a letter from there boss saying they work etc.

More economic stress IMO

Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 AM

355 posts, read 842,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shells View Post
Many US citizens can't get a credit card but a illegal immigrant can.
All you need to do is step foot on a college campus and you've already qualified for endless credit cards. It's in the best interest of credit card companies to lure both the responsible and irresponsible; those that pay keep the company operating, and those that don't get it up the bum, if you catch my drift.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:44 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
All you need to do is step foot on a college campus and you've already qualified for endless credit cards. It's in the best interest of credit card companies to lure both the responsible and irresponsible; those that pay keep the company operating, and those that don't get it up the bum, if you catch my drift.
Thats funny my college kid has a full time job as well and has been turned down for all credit cards, they say he has NO credit!!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:14 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Thats funny my college kid has a full time job as well and has been turned down for all credit cards, they say he has NO credit!!!!!
I'm sorry, I can't resist. How can your son have a full time job when he's attending college?

Old 02-14-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm sorry, I can't resist. How can your son have a full time job when he's attending college?
cant resist what, being told it can be done!! He goes to school from 8 in the moring till 2 then work from 2:30 till 9 pm Monday thru thursday he has friday off, then works 9am-6pm saturday and sunday. Yes, sorry to tell you it can be done, it is called working your butt off!!! Someone has to pay his rent and tuition!!! Oh and BTW here is one for ya, his school costs 60,000 grand for 3 years!!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Nea - many work full time and attend college.

He' again is nitpicking.

Some don't have the luxuries of just sitting home, depending on mom and dad for everything.

Amval - you are correct. I see many College kids racking up credit card bills.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Nea - many work full time and attend college.

He' again is nitpicking.

Some don't have the luxuries of just sitting home, depending on mom and dad for everything.

Amval - you are correct. I see many College kids racking up credit card bills.
Oh I know,, all his roomates do it as well!!!! I am glad my son cant get a card right away, lord knows he doesnt need more debt on top of school!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times
Sammie,

I would appreciate you not attacking me on a personal level, I try my best to be respectful of all others on the forums, I would like the same respect back.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Sorry if you feel I was attacking you, by saying Nitpicking

I actually was not attacking you.

Nea - thats one of the problems with some college kids. I think the CC companies make it too easy for some to get them.

On top of tuitions, they're up to debt with CC cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration