U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times

Advertisements

Why don't we invite all of the children of the world to attend school in the US? After all, our government has mandated a tax-funded education for ALL children.

Quote:
Frederick commissioner wants to bill federal government for cost of educating illegal immigrants.

The battle over illegal immigration continues in Frederick County this week with the latest salvo involving school children who are in the country illegally.

Frederick County Public Schools spent $10,157 per child in 2006-07, the most recent year for which figures are available.

"The Supreme Court has ruled that the matter is federal, not state," Loose wrote in her e-mail to The Gazette. "Essentially immigrant students have the same right to a free public education as US citizens and permanent residents. Our board is not at all inclined to hinder any child's right of access to an education, and definitely is not inclined to inquire about documented status."
State school board asked to disregard request on illegal immigrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
We can only hope that the schools of the Judge's kids and grandkids will be FLOODED with Illegal Alien offspring like my kid's schools are. I hope they set up and take all the Teacher's time away from teaching the Judge's kids while the have to spend every day all day teaching the ESL kids. That would be justice served.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 PM

386 posts, read 589,789 times
You're going to have little Timmy go find his birth certificate and give it to his teacher?

Seriously?

Ridiculous.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,213,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We can only hope that the schools of the Judge's kids and grandkids will be FLOODED with Illegal Alien offspring like my kid's schools are. I hope they set up and take all the Teacher's time away from teaching the Judge's kids while the have to spend every day all day teaching the ESL kids. That would be justice served.
Judge's probably have their kids in private schools.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:00 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,039,458 times
I find this so odd, though. When I enrolled my children in public school they needed birth certificates, immunization records, proof of residency within the schools boundaries. I'm only surprised they didn't demand a dna swab. Yet illegals (see, there is no argument about educating the children of legal immigrants) can just show up? And we wonder why diseases like whooping cough and TB are making a drug resistant comeback.

For me, it all comes back to there being two different laws in the US -- there are the laws that citizens and legal immigrants have to adhere to, and then there are the laws that illegal immigrants don't have to adhere to. It is wrong, it is dangerous, and it will ultimately be a large reason people are turning into anti illegal immigration activists.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM

6,569 posts, read 11,634,890 times
Our new President, Barack HUSSEIN, will not deal with this issue especially with his own aunt being illegal.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I find this so odd, though. When I enrolled my children in public school they needed birth certificates, immunization records, proof of residency within the schools boundaries. I'm only surprised they didn't demand a dna swab. Yet illegals (see, there is no argument about educating the children of legal immigrants) can just show up? And we wonder why diseases like whooping cough and TB are making a drug resistant comeback.

For me, it all comes back to there being two different laws in the US -- there are the laws that citizens and legal immigrants have to adhere to, and then there are the laws that illegal immigrants don't have to adhere to. It is wrong, it is dangerous, and it will ultimately be a large reason people are turning into anti illegal immigration activists.
Absolutely! I was ‘required’ to provide my son’s birth certificate and immunization records signed by his doctor. I highly resent the fact that I have been forced to not only pay for the education of illegal alien children in our public schools, but have the added expense of paying for my son to attend a private school to get a quality education. The money I have spent on his private education for the past 12 years (K-11), I could have used for his college education. Perhaps our public schools would be solvent and provide a decent education for OUR children, if not for providing ESL classes and free breakfast/lunch for millions of illegal alien children.

If both public and private schools require legal citizens to provide birth certificates and proof of immunization, there is no reason illegals should have a free ride. As you have stated, we have two sets of laws in this country. It makes my blood boil.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM

4 posts, read 6,316 times
I agree with that 105%. i would rep. ya on that if could. we can't educate every one in the world.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
So, Benicar now that Maryland is closing the chapter on their disastrous sanctuary policy, what if anything do you think will happen in terms of their IA education policies?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So, Benicar now that Maryland is closing the chapter on their disastrous sanctuary policy, what if anything do you think will happen in terms of their IA education policies?
Unfortunately, they can't do anything due to the federal law mandating a tax-funded education for ALL children in this country, regardless of immigration status. We are forced to continue to foot the bill for millions of illegal alien children in this country, while our own children receive a substandard education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or