U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Officials said that for almost a day, he and 20 others were allegedly kidnapped, tortured, raped and held for ransom in a stash house east of Edinburg before federal agents rescued them last week.

Federal authorities say that suspects in the case - a group of Mexican nationals believed to have abducted the immigrants from another smuggling organization - are set to appear before a federal judge today.

"These are just some of the many risks that illegal immigrants face when crossing illegally," said Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño, whose office has since joined the investigation.

U.S. Border Patrol agents discovered the 21 Guatemalan nationals on Nov. 25 packed in a cramped mobile home near the intersection of Tower and Texas roads. But as they interviewed the group of men and women a more harrowing picture of the conditions they had lived through emerged.

"All of the aliens claimed they had been constantly terrorized by their captors," said Guadalupe Sanchez, a special agent with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, in an affidavit filed in the case.

Local News: Suspects accused of kidnapping, assaulting illegal immigrants | federal, immigrants, suspects - Local News - Valley Morning Star (http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/federal_40351___article.html/immigrants_suspects.html - broken link)

Barbarians at their worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Romeoville, IL
1,238 posts, read 2,180,457 times
Reputation: 507
I don't care what side of the fence (no pun intended) you are on this issue, this type of behavior against any human being is abhorrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:14 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I don't care what side of the fence (no pun intended) you are on this issue, this type of behavior against any human being is abhorrent.
Agreed. What makes it even sadder is mexicans are always whining, weeping and wailing while demanding that the US treat their illegal aliens like kings and queens despite the fact that they have no right to be here. Yet Guatamalens merely seeking to do the same as their mexican counterparts are raped and tortured by virtue of having to pass through Mexico in order to get to the US. Where's the mexican outrage for the way their nationals are treating fellow Guatamalen "hispanics"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
This is despicable, and one of the many reasons I abhor the illegal alien slave trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. What makes it even sadder is mexicans are always whining, weeping and wailing while demanding that the US treat their illegal aliens like kings and queens despite the fact that they have no right to be here. Yet Guatamalens merely seeking to do the same as their mexican counterparts are raped and tortured by virtue of having to pass through Mexico in order to get to the US. Where's the mexican outrage for the way their nationals are treating fellow Guatamalen "hispanics"?
How true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Have any of our pro illegal apologists ever criticized the coyotes and friends for abusing their fellow illegal aliens?

The silence is deafening yet the same apologists will scream whenever a bunch of Americans (of any race/ethnicity) do anything comparable to said illegals----------never mind the 'slave traders' are many times worse.

antialphabet, blacknight04, etc. I await your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Have any of our pro illegal apologists ever criticized the coyotes and friends for abusing their fellow illegal aliens?

The silence is deafening yet the same apologists will scream whenever a bunch of Americans (of any race/ethnicity) do anything comparable to said illegals----------never mind the 'slave traders' are many times worse.

antialphabet, blacknight04, etc. I await your replies.
Uh.....how many times have coyotes even been discussed on this forum? Why do you make an assumption, when you yourself rarely discuss coyotes, or the perils illegals face? You guys spend a lot more time criticizing them, bashing them, than contemplating what they go through to get into this country.

I, for one, sympathize greatly for the illegal aliens that are the victims, while many of you portray them as monsters themselves. I don't have a clue how you equate that with the defense or tolerance of coyotes or employers who take advantage of them.

In fact, now that you mention it, most of you direct more anger and spite towards the illegals than the coyotes, and rarely distinguish them as being different elements, along with the drug cartels.

Difference is, we know coyotes are criminals. We don't expect much from them.
It's a little more shocking when American teenagers are murdering these people for fun.


You really are a judgmental bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. What makes it even sadder is mexicans are always whining, weeping and wailing while demanding that the US treat their illegal aliens like kings and queens despite the fact that they have no right to be here. Yet Guatamalens merely seeking to do the same as their mexican counterparts are raped and tortured by virtue of having to pass through Mexico in order to get to the US. Where's the mexican outrage for the way their nationals are treating fellow Guatamalen "hispanics"?
In this case the victims were Mexican. Why do you go on to criticize Mexicans?
Honestly, do you feel sympathy for the illegals in this story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
In this case the victims were Mexican. Why do you go on to criticize Mexicans?Honestly, do you feel sympathy for the illegals in this story?
Did you actually read the story? The victims were not Mexican, they were Guatemalan. The perpetrators were Mexican.
Quote:
U.S. Border Patrol agents discovered the 21 Guatemalan nationals on Nov. 25 packed in a cramped mobile home near the intersection of Tower and Texas roads. But as they interviewed the group of men and women a more harrowing picture of the conditions they had lived through emerged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Did you actually read the story? The victims were not Mexican, they were Guatemalan. The perpetrators were Mexican.
Mistake acknowledged, but this was perpetrated by coyotes who abuse all people being smuggled, regardless of nationality.

But why suggest this is the fault of Mexicans? As if you guys can't differentiate between the people and the criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top