Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:52 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times

Advertisements

You know, I can't help but wonder why, with our supposedly free media there has been a sudden near complete stop on stories about illegals and illegal immigration. It is obvious that it is still a hot topic among most Americans and the general opinion is we want the illegals to go home. But it is becoming increasingly apparent that our government, whom we elect to do what "We, the people" want have no intention of doing anything about this crisis. And it is also apparent that the powers that be have asked for or ordered a media block on immigration stories unless they bear a sympathetic angle on the issue.

Am I the only one who sees that our government officials are actually guilty of a crime here. To allow this invasion of foreign illegal aliens to continue and do nothing about it is treason. They are not doing their jobs and should be removed from office. I am sure many will disagree with this but I can not help but speak what is right and true. And the truth is no matter how well meaning or good some of these people are, they are still criminals and should be treated as such. To allow this invasion to continue and simultaneously push the American people to accept the invaders is unacceptable and could be viewed as an act of economic war on the American people by our own government.

How many Americans as of today are living without a job? And how many would be unemployed if we sent these illegals back home? These are the questions we should be asking ourselves. There would be a surplus of jobs available if we simply send these illegal workers home. By all means, supplement the farming industry with legal foreign workers. I know there is a need for help in certain fields. But all of these workers should have some kind of legal status. Worker visas or pending citizenship should be an absolute requirement to live in the US.

So, what do you all think?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 12-03-2008 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 04:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
We still have reports locally here in Arizona about illegal aliens being busted.

Too; with the recession............again here locally------------a significant percentage of said lawbreakers have vanished.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
People post articles about immigration on here all day long. Well, mostly about immigration.

Illegal immigration is a very important topic, but there are a number of factors contributing to the economic situation. A lot of people realize this.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
People post articles about immigration on here all day long. Well, mostly about immigration.

Illegal immigration is a very important topic, but there are a number of factors contributing to the economic situation. A lot of people realize this.
True, but this is an internet forum, one of thousands of internet forums and a large percentage of internet users never come to sites such as these. Main stream media coverage is what I am talking about. This issue ranks right up there with the economy and the war yet it recieves very little media attention. So why is it not being covered by ABC, NBC, CNN, etc. These are the news outlets that reach most people and influence public action and opinion. Like many issues which the government does not want to deal with, it has been swept under the rug.

As far as the economy goes, I am not blaming illegals for our current economic situation. I am simply pointing out that if we deported even a 1/4 of the current illegal population, Americans would be able to go back to work.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
True, but this is an internet forum, one of thousands of internet forums and a large percentage of internet users never come to sites such as these. Main stream media coverage is what I am talking about. This issue ranks right up there with the economy and the war yet it recieves very little media attention. So why is it not being covered by ABC, NBC, CNN, etc. These are the news outlets that reach most people and influence public action and opinion. Like many issues which the government does not want to deal with, it has been swept under the rug.

As far as the economy goes, I am not blaming illegals for our current economic situation. I am simply pointing out that if we deported even a 1/4 of the current illegal population, Americans would be able to go back to work.
Which may indeed be occurring...........as of last summer; well over 1 million illegal aliens self deported and I suspect since then many more have done so.

Truth be known: I am starting to 'sense' that we are getting ready to climb out of our recession------------the one that Wash DC finally admitted that were were in since December 2007

Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which may indeed be occurring...........as of last summer; well over 1 million illegal aliens self deported and I suspect since then many more have done so.

Truth be known: I am starting to 'sense' that we are getting ready to climb out of our recession------------the one that Wash DC finally admitted that were were in since December 2007
I sure hope you are right Az, I truly do. I myself have not read or seen any information on these self deportations but it would be a welcome change to the never ending flood into the country. If you have a link to info. I would appreciate it. And I would commend any illegal who took it upon themselves to return to their country of origin and I would welcome them back with open arms if they chose to come back the right way. This country was indeed built by immigrants from every corner of the world. But this country was built on law as well. And if you can not respect the laws that govern a country how can you ever be a real part of that country.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
I think the MSM has kept Immigration out of the lime light because of the election. I think that immigration had to be toned down in order for Obama to get his Hispanic votes, including non-Citizen votes.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Business -- 'We're not making it'

Copied/pasted from an older post here on City Data

Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think the MSM has kept Immigration out of the lime light because of the election. I think that immigration had to be toned down in order for Obama to get his Hispanic votes, including non-Citizen votes.
Not that Obama needed any 'Hispanic' votes............apparently; one Latino in three voted for McCain. The President-elect bagged the American Black vote on the order of 90+%.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:27 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not that Obama needed any 'Hispanic' votes............apparently; one Latino in three voted for McCain. The President-elect bagged the American Black vote on the order of 90+%.
I know what you mean, but you know La Raza, they were saying that if it hadn't been for the Hispanic votes, Obama wouldn't have won the election.
Not that it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration