Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,415,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
antialphabet
Perhaps I missed the answer or maybe you weren't asked it outright. But let me ask (again?)
Do you condone illegal immigration from any and all countries .
Alphy is one poster who never comes up with evidence to back up what was said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 01:04 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,744,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Case closed........................without evidence.
So then, what you're telling me is that none of the posts you've made in this particular forum accurately reflect your views toward illegal aliens and illegal immigration, correct?

Hmmm....

Last edited by Kele; 12-07-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So then, what you're telling me is that none of the posts you've made in this particular forum accurately reflect your views toward illegal aliens and illegal immigration, correct?

Hmmm....
Kele...you don't expect an answer do you??

Old 12-07-2008, 04:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,284,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
antialphabet
Perhaps I missed the answer or maybe you weren't asked it outright. But let me ask (again?)
Do you condone illegal immigration from any and all countries .
I don't condone illegal immigration from any country. And I frequently ask the regulars to find any evidence that shows that I do.

I don't like the attitudes of a lot of people who are involved in the debate, and I have different views on how the problem should be handled.

A lot of the people here and in those groups that spend all their time on this issue think anyone who has a different idea of how the problem should be approached are labeled "pro-illegal" or "open-border supporters", or whatever.

You know the type of people that make those accusations.
Angry people who shout a lot, and say you're with them or against them. The "real" patriots. And if you don't hate illegal immigrants or hold an unhealthy amount of anger toward them, you're one of them.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Hmmm....

Whoa, you are replying a little late. Almost didn't see this red opened envelope all the way down there.

Weren't we talking about your claim that I was all for open borders? And then I asked you to find a quote where I hinted towards that? And then you had to go to work?

My views towards illegal aliens? I don't hate them, or even dislike them. And I don't hide that at all.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,207,290 times
Quote:
I don't condone illegal immigration from any country. And I frequently ask the regulars to find any evidence that shows that I do.

I don't like the attitudes of a lot of people who are involved in the debate, and I have different views on how the problem should be handled.

A lot of the people here and in those groups that spend all their time on this issue think anyone who has a different idea of how the problem should be approached are labeled "pro-illegal" or "open-border supporters", or whatever.
So antialphabet how do you think we should handle it?
What should we do with the millions of illegals who are here breaking laws as I type this post?
How do we make our borders more secure?
I am not attacking you. I am asking you your opinions. I think many people just don't know what you feel we should do. I am one of them. I have read posts by many that attempt to midigate the harm illegals do. I have read many posts that try to confuse illegal immigrants with legal immigrants. So I am asking you what do you feel should be done?

Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So antialphabet how do you think we should handle it?
What should we do with the millions of illegals who are here breaking laws as I type this post?
How do we make our borders more secure?
I am not attacking you. I am asking you your opinions. I think many people just don't know what you feel we should do. I am one of them. I have read posts by many that attempt to midigate the harm illegals do. I have read many posts that try to confuse illegal immigrants with legal immigrants. So I am asking you what do you feel should be done?
Well, I'm not saying anything new here.

Those loud and angry people who feel they have the right to draw the line between who's an anti-illegal and a "pro-illegal", usually draw it around over how one feels about immigration reform, amnesty.

I don't know how to secure the border. I don't want "shoot to kill" orders.
I know an amnesty will only work if we can prevent more illegal immigration after.

I don't have the answers, and neither does anyone else on here. It's just a bunch of ranting. Crime stories. Complaining.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Whoa, you are replying a little late. Almost didn't see this red opened envelope all the way down there.

Weren't we talking about your claim that I was all for open borders? And then I asked you to find a quote where I hinted towards that? And then you had to go to work?

My views towards illegal aliens? I don't hate them, or even dislike them. And I don't hide that at all.
Let me rephrase the question(s) for you........If you don't mind Kele:

(1)What is it that makes you approve of Illegal Immigrants/illegal immigration:?

(2) What is it about illegal immigrants/illegal immigration that you disapprove of?

Can you answer either one of those?

Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,744,382 times
Quote:

You know the type of people that make those accusations.
Angry people who shout a lot, and say you're with them or against them. The "real" patriots. And if you don't hate illegal immigrants or hold an unhealthy amount of anger toward them, you're one of them.
Even the new secretary of homeland security(Janet Napolitano) has been accused by this group of being open borders. Any one who doesn't agree with them 100% on this issue is called that. The reality is, the rabid "anti-illegal" crowd have NO political clout. Just look back at the previous elections and you would notice that they can't get any of their candidates elected or they can't "throw" any of the so called "open border" politicians out of office.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,207,290 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not saying anything new here.

Those loud and angry people who feel they have the right to draw the line between who's an anti-illegal and a "pro-illegal", usually draw it around over how one feels about immigration reform, amnesty.

I don't know how to secure the border. I don't want "shoot to kill" orders.
I know an amnesty will only work if we can prevent more illegal immigration after.

I don't have the answers, and neither does anyone else on here. It's just a bunch of ranting. Crime stories. Complaining.
You have disappointed me. I had hoped that you would have some ideas that you would be willing to stand up for.
Like you I don't want shoot to kill orders. That said I feel we should respond to armed drug smugglers with superior fire power.
Sealing the border is not rocket science. Build good walls in key places forcing the illegals to try to cross in a more controlled area. That's called herding. Will some get through? Maybe but not by the thousands.
The issues with illegals already here. Hold the employers accountable for hiring illegals. Make the penalty stiff enough to remove the incentive of hiring cheap labor.
The illegals. Put the pressure on them. confiscate what ever assets they acquired illegally. Remove the reward of the illegal entry.
Will these ideas work 100% of the time? No but they would have an impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration