Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

We have to have alternate check points because too many illegals are coming across without checking in, that and the millions over staying their visas. I wish they had random check points on every major road into every City. Crime would plummet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:31 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
And now they are also checking on the way out. Homeland was at the airport checking documents and asking questions right before boarding the plane.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 AM

804 posts, read 1,359,714 times
I have never had problems with checkpoints, and most of the times I have not had my papers checked.

Once, when travelling in a bus, immigrations offices came in asking for documents, I was sleep and I don't wake up easily. After the immigration officer had been poking at my arm for while I wake up to see the whole bus staring at me and the officer asked me if I was a citizen. I replied I was a resident and reached for my green card.. but the officer stopped me an just told me to go back to sleep.

Another time, I was with my girlfriend and she's from Texas, I was again sleeping on the passenger seat of my car, and after she said she was from the U.S. they didn't wake me up.

And the last time I got stopped, I had my work badge on me and when the immigration officer saw my badge he just let me go through.

I look very much hispanic, yet I think the immigration officers I have run into have not shown any type of disrespect towards me. They have always been polite so I have not had any reason to behave in any other way than to fully cooperate with them.

-Kellem

Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And now they are also checking on the way out. Homeland was at the airport checking documents and asking questions right before boarding the plane.
Good

Old 05-01-2009, 03:20 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We have to have alternate check points because too many illegals are coming across without checking in, that and the millions over staying their visas. I wish they had random check points on every major road into every City. Crime would plummet.
Random checkpoints that produce van loads of illegal Mexicans that all jump out and run in all directions until caught are priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration