U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:30 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,053 times

Advertisements

Maybe some of the rest of you can help me out here because I'd really like to understand. The question is: Why is it ok for Mexico to enforce their immigration laws but NOT ok for America to enforce ours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 AM

421 posts, read 986,344 times
Easy answer: it's not.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Maybe some of the rest of you can help me out here because I'd really like to understand. The question is: Why is it ok for Mexico to enforce their immigration laws but NOT ok for America to enforce ours?
Mexico can go hang: the USA is really tightening up ICE enforcement as we speak,

As I have said many times in the past: watch the economy.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM

Then why do so many want our country to end workplace raids and stop going after the illegals in this country?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Then why do so many want our country to end workplace raids and stop going after the illegals in this country?
Illegal alien advocacy groups who are petrified of the ramifications of hardening enforcement.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Illegal alien advocacy groups who are petrified of the ramifications of hardening enforcement.
Here is a question for all of you. Why can't this country take away someone's citizenship when people show their treasonous actions and speech toward their own country and toward the citizens of our country? Do any of you consider some of these pro-illegal groups to be at least somewhat treasonous?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,891,865 times
Quote:
Here is a question for all of you. Why can't this country take away someone's citizenship when people show their treasonous actions and speech toward their own country and toward the citizens of our country? Do any of you consider some of these pro-illegal groups to be at least somewhat treasonous?
Treasonous, I don't think they are. Do they support American citizens, no they don't.
I'd love to get an honest answer from them tho, but that will never happen.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 AM

421 posts, read 986,344 times
Quote:
For the same reasons people ave to tolerate disgusting Neo-Nazi groups: because we have free speech in this country.

People need to watch the way they throw around a charge of treason. Treason is defined in Article III section 3 of the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

So the people can pretty much say what they want about illegal immigration, unless they make threats to kill someone. Neither is treason, but the latter is quite illegal.

So I hope now we can stop throwing around the "treason" rhetoric. You don't have to like what someone says, but they're saying does not make them a traitor to their country.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
For the same reasons people ave to tolerate disgusting Neo-Nazi groups: because we have free speech in this country.

People need to watch the way they throw around a charge of treason. Treason is defined in Article III section 3 of the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

So the people can pretty much say what they want about illegal immigration, unless they make threats to kill someone. Neither is treason, but the latter is quite illegal.

So I hope now we can stop throwing around the "treason" rhetoric. You don't have to like what someone says, but they're saying does not make them a traitor to their country.
Do you find no fault in those who aid and abet illegal aliens?

Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM

9,310 posts, read 25,707,774 times
Quote:
Simply put, Anonymous, the Corrupt Obnoxious Leaders of Mexico abound in two commodities . . .

GREED and ARROGANCE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration