Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM

340 posts, read 744,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofooprincess2007 View Post
i think that you do not know what you are talking about becuase you are probably one of those people with their heads so far up God's butt that you do not know the reality of the effect of drugs on people, so before you go saying marijuana users do not function right i think that you need to get in check with reality
So what is your reality of the effect of drugs on people ??? And please provide some specifics such as: Years you have been in Law Enforcement, or years worked as a drug counselor, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
I'm thinking this is another stereotype of illegal immigrants exhibiting "greater criminal patterns" than American citizens.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofooprincess2007 View Post
i think that you do not know what you are talking about becuase you are probably one of those people with their heads so far up God's butt that you do not know the reality of the effect of drugs on people, so before you go saying marijuana users do not function right i think that you need to get in check with reality
I do not happen to be a religious man, though some of my friends are.

A "marijuana user" and a "pothead" are not the same thing. I well know the reality of both from personal experience.

Reading, it's FUNdamental.

Perhaps, you should learn how, sometime.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
marijuana can be addicting this is true.But my opinion is that that those that are prone to being abusers are the same whether it is illegal or not.Alchohol is prone to being abused also.Legal perscription drugs are being abused now.

Elliminate the drug pushers,as mentioned some of who use the profits for terrorism.Legallization will do this.And as someone who did smoke mj as a teenager I know the effects and it does not install violence and is not so addicting that one would turn to crime to uphold the addiction.

It is false that using mj leads someone to wanting harder drugs also,those that do go to harder drugs were people that were prone to abuse in personality.

Legalize it,tax it.Get rid of the blackmarket and crime will be reduced.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:59 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Legalize it,tax it.Get rid of the blackmarket and crime will be reduced.
I agree. But I do not think that it is harmless. They did a study that showed that even after abstaining for several days, heavy pot smokers memory and cognition were still off.

It is better to be a pothead than a drunk. But, better yet, not to be dependent on anything.

Oh, this is the URL for the DEA "Microgram" Bulletin:http://www.dea.gov/programs/forensic...ins_index.html

Last edited by Dedalus; 03-06-2007 at 05:20 PM..

Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
I agree. But I do not think that it is harmless. They did a study that showed that even after abstaining for several days, heavy pot smokers memory and cognition were still off.

It is better to be a pothead than a drunk. But, better yet, not to be dependent on anything.

Oh, this is the URL for the DEA "Microgram" Bulletin:http://www.dea.gov/programs/forensic...ins_index.html
oh I agree,I never said any substances were harmless,but it should be in context.I am not condoning usage,but awareness can be recommended while it is legal.Cigarettes are legal,yet public awareness has led to a decline in usage,except for me.Which btw,if tobacco was made illegal,people would still smoke it.Its only when you make the decision for yourself that changes things..

Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Default "Pakifornia" explained....

"Pakifornia" is a joke on "Mexifornia" (which has been a bit overused) and also a joke describing the neighborhood I used to live in.

Undoubtably there are some drugs that come in from Asia through Canada just as there are some that come in directly from Asia to the US. But by no means could Canada be put in the same category as Colombia, Afghanistan, or Mexico - the top 3 drug exporting nations to the US.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
My brother has been a pot smoker for atleast 25 years, he is a little "off" and is in the state pen now. It did change him.

BTW I love your screen name.
Putting people in prison for weed doesn't change anything.

As has been said by a number of wise men,the only thing prison cures is heterosexuality.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:24 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Putting people in prison for weed doesn't change anything.

As has been said by a number of wise men,the only thing prison cures is heterosexuality.
He isnt in prison for weed....... weed just made him stupid..

Old 03-08-2007, 09:33 PM

259 posts, read 939,174 times
Majoun says
Quote:
"Pakifornia" is a joke on "Mexifornia" (which has been a bit overused) and also a joke describing the neighborhood I used to live in.
I take back the Pakifornia Punch. However I think that if two creatures like Bush and Cheney. Who gave Banks permission to give Home mortages to illegal aliens. So illegals could by homes. And turn suburbia into Crackburbia. Then I guess George and Dick are guilty of being the two Biggest Drug dealers in this country. Hardly green Lizards with tin hats. However they are two Drug addicted Aliens who have tin as Brain matter!!!!.

Quote:
But by no means could Canada be put in the same category as Colombia, Afghanistan, or Mexico
I disagree with you. It is always the ones that you don't suspect!

Last edited by Dee62; 03-08-2007 at 09:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration