U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times

Advertisements

This is for anyone that thinks alot of drugs do not come from Mexico.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255523,00.htm (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 06:03 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

Um your link is not there. well not working anyway.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,948,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

Just because Mexico has fallen from being #2 in importing drugs to the US to #3 (Afghanistan is now #2 but Colombia is still #1) isn't implying that Mexico isn't still a major source. The fact that it's fallen to #3 isn't because of lack of effort by Mexican cartels, it's because the flow of Afghan heroin to the US is now so high that Afghanistan has taken the #2 spot.

Worldwide, Mexico is pretty unimportant - in the US market, however, it's a different story (as Mexican production is only imported to the USA)

Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,104,908 times
legalize it,tax it.Yes in this case Im actually for taxes.Use the tax money for those who would become addicted for recovery and for awareness.No I don't think legalization would increase addiction,the fact is those who do it now while illegal would generally be the ones who would do it legally.

Crime rates will diminish,murder and gun crime will diminish also.Tax money spent on the prison system will have more funds due to less prisoners,which could be allocated to peace officers saleries and equipment.

Use the same laws regarding alchohol like driving intoxicated,also a open market will promoted standards as far as quality.

Medical marijuana is a no brainer to me,if someone is suffering and it will help them why not?....can't understand rejection to this.

There are pain killers legal now,that doctors perscribe that some people become addicted to,why ban some and not the other?

Some see it as immoral to use substances,including alcohol but you can't legislate morality.Use persuasion for your arguement instead.

At the very least marijuana should be legalized.People don't rob and steal to get marijuana.Fact is,alchohol tends to make some people violent as compared.Should people do it?no...but like I said,it is illegal right now and millions are using it anyway.

On this issue,there are both Democrats and Republicans for and against legalization,with the Libertarian party has it listed as one of the things "to do".

Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,885,668 times
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255523,00.html

the l got chopped off of the link

Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
legalize it,tax it.Yes in this case Im actually for taxes.Use the tax money for those who would become addicted for recovery and for awareness.No I don't think legalization would increase addiction,the fact is those who do it now while illegal would generally be the ones who would do it legally.

Crime rates will diminish,murder and gun crime will diminish also.Tax money spent on the prison system will have more funds due to less prisoners,which could be allocated to peace officers saleries and equipment.

Use the same laws regarding alchohol like driving intoxicated,also a open market will promoted standards as far as quality.

Medical marijuana is a no brainer to me,if someone is suffering and it will help them why not?....can't understand rejection to this.

There are pain killers legal now,that doctors perscribe that some people become addicted to,why ban some and not the other?

Some see it as immoral to use substances,including alcohol but you can't legislate morality.Use persuasion for your arguement instead.

At the very least marijuana should be legalized.People don't rob and steal to get marijuana.Fact is,alchohol tends to make some people violent as compared.Should people do it?no...but like I said,it is illegal right now and millions are using it anyway.

On this issue,there are both Democrats and Republicans for and against legalization,with the Libertarian party has it listed as one of the things "to do".
I agree with you 100%. This would do a lot not only to reduce illegal immigration and crime but would also increase tax revenues and to take a considerable burden off of law enforcement. Not to mention it would inflict considerable economic damage on both cartels and extremist groups involved in drugs abroad and street gangs at home, therefore reducing the threat from both.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
No way they are all here to make better lives for their families!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
No way they are all here to make better lives for their families!!!
Those "jobs" include jobs in illegal businesses as well as legal businesses

Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Those "jobs" include jobs in illegal businesses as well as legal businesses
I was being sarcastic!! They are always telling us they are here for work. But, then they are getting caught with drugs,rape,child kidnapping,gang activity etc. I am sick of it and there doesn't seem to be anyone in our government really stepping forward and saying enough is enough.

Look at the boy that was kidnapped in Florida last week and it was an illegal looking for money. I believe some are here to provide for their families but, many more of them are here for illegal activity. It's pretty bad when the women of Mexico are now asking OUR GOVERNMENT to do something about making there MEN come home. I am sure many of us could help them to the border!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,182,350 times
Marijuana, perhaps. Other drugs? I hope not.

The legalization of crystal meth, for example, would be a national disaster. The sidewalks would literally be littered with the victims of drug induced strokes, heart attacks, and kidney failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or