U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

The operation targeted foreign-born members and associates of the Surenos 13 and Southside 18 street gangs. All six of the arrested were illegally in the United States and will face deportation hearings.

Two men, twin brothers Rene and Raul Maldonando-Gonzalez, will also be prosecuted on identity and document fraud charges. Police said another person arrested was providing false documents to gang members and other illegal aliens in the area.

The remaining three aliens arrested face administrative immigration charges, and are currently in ICE custody pending their deportation. ICE does not release the names of those arrested on administrative immigration charges.


Six 'violent gang members' arrested in Sturgis | WSBT South Bend - Your Local News Leader | Local News (http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/36039064.html - broken link)

While there intentions are honorable, arresting and sweeping Mexico's trash back across the border without a wall to keep them out is an exercise in futility. Six down 20 million more to deport . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
 
956 posts, read 2,648,303 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While there intentions are honorable, arresting and sweeping Mexico's trash back across the border without a wall to keep them out is an exercise in futility. Six down 20 million more to deport . . .
Indeed, it's just more bone throwing to the public, so the Neocon hacks of Fox News etc. can say, "See, the government is doing its job, now let's get back to trashing Democrats and Iranians." -- in the meantime Joe Sixpack and Sally Soccermom, like lemmings over the cliff, don't realize they're slated for extinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:33 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Indeed, it's just more bone throwing to the public, so the Neocon hacks of Fox News etc. can say, "See, the government is doing its job, now let's get back to trashing Democrats and Iranians." -- in the meantime Joe Sixpack and Sally Soccermom, like lemmings over the cliff, don't realize they're slated for extinction.
Even more deceptive is the continuation of said redundant process while pretending that the deported violent criminals won't come right back. They may also trying to convince us that they are cleaning up this mess so that the incoming administration can claim they have gotten rid of all of the "criminal illegals". In doing so they will attempt to convince us that said criminals are all gone while they attempt to cram another amnesty down our throats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2008, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
With the economy imploding as we speak.............illegal aliens will be the least of our problems---------assuming that most of them self deport first. The stragglers may be grave danger regardless of their race/ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
 
196 posts, read 556,368 times
Reputation: 106
Great news.

I hope to see this come more and more common all over the nation. I can live with law abiding illegal immigrants (I know, sounds ironic), but I cannot stand the scum such as this who set up gangs, while in America illegally. We have enough problems with our own citizens doing this sort of crap, so buh-bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,325 posts, read 4,695,887 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Indeed, it's just more bone throwing to the public, so the Neocon hacks of Fox News etc. can say, "See, the government is doing its job, now let's get back to trashing Democrats and Iranians." -- in the meantime Joe Sixpack and Sally Soccermom, like lemmings over the cliff, don't realize they're slated for extinction.

Couldnt that be said of both parties when it comes to illegal immigration .

I find them both the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
 
94 posts, read 110,114 times
Reputation: 43
We have thousands and thousands of immigrants (legal & illegal) coming into this country and bringing their way of life with them. The crime, drinking, loud music, etc... cities & suburbs are quickly turned into mini-Tijuana's.

We've been doing this for decades now... when White Flight can no longer occur because there is nowhere to flee? Where will we go when our schools, neighborhoods, streets, etc are filled with crime and gangs?

The answer? We'll probably be living like South African suburbs, where people live behind massive electric fences with armed response, dogs, bars on windows, etc.

A lucky future this 'diversity' is going to provide us. Yes, indeed we are certainly benefiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2008, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeist View Post
We have thousands and thousands of immigrants (legal & illegal) coming into this country and bringing their way of life with them. The crime, drinking, loud music, etc... cities & suburbs are quickly turned into mini-Tijuana's.

We've been doing this for decades now... when White Flight can no longer occur because there is nowhere to flee? Where will we go when our schools, neighborhoods, streets, etc are filled with crime and gangs?

The answer? We'll probably be living like South African suburbs, where people live behind massive electric fences with armed response, dogs, bars on windows, etc.

A lucky future this 'diversity' is going to provide us. Yes, indeed we are certainly benefiting.
And you can add Middle Class 'people of color' as well to White flight-----------the former have more in common socio-economically with the latter compared to illegal aliens as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top